Dye

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Knut

Dye

Post by Knut »

I've figured out alot of things with help from people IG and by myself, but one thing I can't get is dye. How is it made!?
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Take a bucket, fill it with water, find the dye agents, and then shift click the bucket and then the dye agent. (or mabey the other way around.)

A few hints;
Green dye is from cabbage, blue from bluestones. White cloth is the only cloth dyeable and is made by letting a grey cloth (or fresh cloth as some call it) sit on the ground and let one rot cycle go through.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

green dye is 5 cabbage and a bucket of water. you also need a mortar to make dye. i was told this but exactly what you use with each other i don't know. try useing the mortar and see if that brings up a menu.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

must have cabbage and bucket of water in belt, mortar in hand. Use the mortar. You will get a bucket of green dye
To dye a cloth you need a bucket of dye, white cloth, and a dyer's wand. Face a barrel and use it
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

sorry for the double post... but anyone knows how can you make red and yellow dye?
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Ask a dyer IG. Can't get all the secrets from the forums...what fun would that be? :D
Sanazry Nosard

Post by Sanazry Nosard »

Juniper if he were to ask that question IC would you answer it? because it would be like someone commin and putting that question on the wall of a building, if you saw it you could put an answer underneath. That is what the forums are if it is asked IC. a wall or something with paper attached. Besides sometimes there just aren't people IG that can help, especially if the people needed are rare, like dyers. Answer questions on the forums that is what they are here for. As for the dyes I peronally do not know.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

for yellow dye you need - afaIk - rotten tree bark
red dye I don't know, tried tomatoes or cherries maybe ? (just some red stuff)
Sanazry Nosard

Post by Sanazry Nosard »

onions i think goes in yellow as well as bark. here is a question, just a simple yes or no one, does anyone actually know how to make all the dyes? Red, yellow, blue, green, black.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

yes
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

yes
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

go figure, the one who can answer the question won't. :evil:
Madsterix

Post by Madsterix »

Sanazry Nosard wrote: just a simple yes or no one
They answered the question alright :P
Hadre Taliset

Post by Hadre Taliset »

yes i know that but juniper RARELY tells anything on the forums and has already said to find this out ig.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

It's a role playing game. Is there a dyer's guild? Is there an alchemists guild?

What makes you think a craftsman will post his 'well-earned' and difficult 'trade' secrets on a public board for all to see? That's not very realistic or fair. He'd be ruined.

In medieval times, any craftsman wanting to learn a trade would 'apprentice' to a master before learning 'secrets'. We don't do that of course here (But we could as mages do), but at least give those who 'earned' the knowledge the courtesy and respect to ask them IG!

I'm sorry, but in the interests of maintaining 'decent' roleplay, I won't reaveal anything but basics here. If you don't like it, tough. Go learn it yourself, and you'll feel differently after sweating for hours to figure it out yourself, then someone says, 'gimme the secret'! Hah!

I'm sorry, but it is a role-playing game.