IG secrets

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hu'greu

IG secrets

Post by Hu'greu »

Ok when I started to play this game, People on the forums where saying that tools need for blacksmithing and other stuff had to be found out IG. Now I see that there is a thread telling people what they need. I really dont have problem with this, but maybe we should work on what should be Keept IG and what should be know before going in.

So this way would Stop people agruging what should be left IG and should be told.

I think the tools need shoudnt be IG secrets, but how to use them should be. So that way a person could RP learning it and stuff. It also helps build bonds between players a bit.

What are yalls thoughts on this kinda of stuff.
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

The things that should be kept ingame aren't curently. I have realized a large number of people use OOC info in the game. The tools and how to aquire them are such OOC info I mean. I am against the forum that tells where to buy and how to make. This is in my opinion, an in game problem for your charater and not the person behind it.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

salathe's gay
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

They say that character you make are a relfection of yourself

ok but lets try to keep this serious, after all we dont want this game to be another hack and slash.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

In my opinion it is not a question of ig or forum, but of IC or OOC. If I was in somewere new and noone could help me when I was around I would leave a note on the town board asking for help. this is the forums. This is realistic and all this IG secrets stuff is not needed. Perfectly fine asking on the forum as long as it is IC.
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

This is on the general board and is not In character.(Meaning the "Where to buy, how to make" thread)
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

A post on the RPG board inquiring about where to buy tools and the like would be deleted because of the "No trade threads" rule.
Tanistian_Kanea

So you cannot post on rpg board because of rule above. And besides. You can still have an IC post on the general board. The were to buy how to make is ment to clean up the boards so that there isn't half a dozen diferent people everyday asking how to do something. Mind there are still nerly half a dozen because people are lazy and won't read. But the point is it is ment to help clean up the boards.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Erm ... is there a difference if you post questions in the RPG board or the "Where to buy..."-thread ?? :roll:

Fact is that ig you don't always find someone to help you. And when you've been trying for days to find some solution and are stuck, you should have the possibilities to ask ANYWHERE. Otherwise you lose fun and quit.

... just my 2 cents
Tanistian_Kanea

Just because it is the gerneral board doesn't mean it can't be IC. There are not IG secrets!
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

Why aren't the posts sighned or written as if thoe they are in character?
Tanistian_Kanea

BEcause they aren't written IC. Duh! I said that question can be asked on forums but should be IC. I didn't say they were.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Maybe there should be a sticky on the RPG forum, with little adverts written by Eliza and the other NPC's etc (to start off with) saying what they sell, where they are, and maybe some prices. That way at least newbs (or people who havent played the game in a few years) will know where to go, and maybe the writers can have a little fun doing the 'adverts' medieval style.

Afterall, I'm sure merchants would advertise this way.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Stephen is really Nalzaxx in disguise.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Hermie wrote:Maybe there should be a sticky on the RPG forum, with little adverts written by Eliza and the other NPC's etc (to start off with) saying what they sell, where they are, and maybe some prices. [...] doing the 'adverts' medieval style.
Good idea, if someone compiles such a list, medieval style, I'll make it sticky.
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

but does anyone really know all that they sell, I know sam only sell hatchets in german, but that is it