Major complaint about dodging, this better not be the...

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gildon

Major complaint about dodging, this better not be the...

Post by Gildon »

The fixed version of dodging... Now every Tom, Dick or Harry can dodge with ease! What the hell!?

I am seriously hoping it is messed up, because even Rankor is dodging people with green skill, and it's unfair.
Grant

Post by Grant »

It's because of the weapons and type of armor I was using and same for you. Remember you hit me with the serinjah but with the axe I pwned you. Actually both times I pwned you :wink:
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

Quite not right, both times Rankor was down to half health, and both were interupted, and maybe you would've but the current dodging system is messed up.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I think the problem is dodge is too useful? Last I read Salathe was gripping that his near maxed dodge was entirely useless to him, they may have brought dodge up some from that I suspect from this post, but certainly not as much as it was before. Now, it would require the Devs to look at Rankor's slashing skill against Grant's dodge skill, I would expect if Grant's dodge skill is as admirable as he has told me it is, and Rankor's is still a fair color of green, it would be fair to assume Grant would dodge most blows by Rankor.
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

Hm ,fair enough, well then... But I still say it's unfair to the huge amount of people simply learning it.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

First: If you are not able write something more usefull then this crap, better shut up.

Your first post doesn't help me.

The Characters "Tom", "Dick" and "Harry" doesn't exsist.

So this was useless. A Character named "Rankor" doesn't exsist too.

So your whole post is completly sensless moaning.

So. The Dodge. Dodging should work pretty good now. I don't know about what you cry around. But if i don't get even a single valid character name i can't help you.
So start thinking before you put such...[%$"&"§]...here.

Nitram
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Nitram wrote:The Characters "Tom", "Dick" and "Harry" doesn't exsist.
Erm... it's a figure of speech Nitram, he doesn't mean character names.
Nitram wrote:A Character named "Rankor" doesn't exsist too.
Rankor Deathronk is the character. He does exist.
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Nitram,
I would appreciate it if you were to drink some coffee before yelling at eleven year olds, and then mabey you would realise the total ass you were in that above post.

I shall repost his to what seems to be 'acceptable standarts' for you.
It seems now that everyone can learn dodge now at a too fast of rate. Before it was a rare skill that was hard to get a hold of; but now it's just under parry's learn rate.

My character, Rankor Deathronk, has his dodge skill in green and is fairly profecient, which seems a tad bizzare to me because in the year I've been playing this game Dodge was a sought after reward, not what it is now.

I am curious as to if this is the new systerm or if it is still in the works. It seems a little too fast for me and a tone-down seems appropriate.

Thanks, Gildon.
And a little note; I disagree with him. I like the dodge system.
Last edited by Ku 'Agor on Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I cannot comment because i do not know how the system works, Currently my Dodge is turning yellow and i do not dodge too often.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Retlak wrote:I cannot comment because i do not know how the system works, Currently my Dodge is turning yellow and i do not dodge too often.
That's most likely because of what armor you are using. If you use a bulky kind of armor, with a big shield, and big weapon, then you probably wont dodge as much as Ku, my character, because he only wears simple dwarvern mail and some chain links with a magic sword.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Hm, i wore Lor angur, an elven mage staff and red steel Greaves, so i guess it sounds right.
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

Meh. When I wear full leather, I didge more than what I do when I'm naked.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

That's because being armorless is supposed to be a state of defencelessness and weakness.

If you're 'naked' you should focas more on running then dodging.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Whatabout Conan and his loincloth?
Liles

Post by Liles »

If you're 'Naked' you really shouldn't leave the house. People might laugh.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Heck, if i was fighting a nakes guy, I would be the one running!
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

Does agility have to do with dodge?
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

No, no, no! I mean Rankor is dodging people who have green slashing skill Ku, I fell asleep so I couldn't answer sooner, anyways, Rankor's dodge is actually barely any different from blue. But yet he is still dodging with 8 agility, now I guess my statements are quite exaggurated, please forgive me Nitram for posting this 'crap'. I was wrong.
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

No offense but Gildon, you make as much sense as a Magenta Troll.
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

How so, I am confused now.

EDIT: I believe around the time this post was made, Nitram changed the system or so I heard, which is quite different from what I was complaining about... I heard this from someone, so I really shouldn't bother on continueing this discussion.
Last edited by Gildon on Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

He makes perfect sense to me, and you must remember he is only 11. Though, I assume I can understand him from much practice at shitty post. ;) But that a story for another time.

He's trying to say that his dark blue dodge can block people's green slashing skill. Which suggests that he means the dodge system is too good for being so easy to train.

Also, the Magenta Troll was a made up 'god' of sorts by a crazy character that I LOVED in the days of the old client. The followers of this Troll ate socks and brought regular trolls into Trollsbane on a daily basis, killing many. His refrence is supposed to say that you make as much sense as a derranged lunatic.
Poots

Post by Poots »

Erm... it's a figure of speech Nitram, he doesn't mean character names.
I think what Nitram was trying to say was how usless it is to not put any real names. I'm pretty sure by now he could tell that they were fake without looking them up.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

First: If you are not able write something more usefull then this crap, better shut up.

Your first post doesn't help me.

The Characters "Tom", "Dick" and "Harry" doesn't exsist.

So this was useless. A Character named "Rankor" doesn't exsist too.
Does that seem joking to you?
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Satyrical humor Ku.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

omg li3k I skill gained 4 hours 'nd li3k sum nub can dodge me wtfbbq
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

Sdfu Fooser, I don't powergame.
Markous

Post by Markous »

Back to topic, please, or I'll lock this.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Illarion is suggested for players of 16 years or older. The reason for that is some necessary maturity which is needed for roleplaying. Of course, some people of lower ages behave mature enough. And some above don't.

You may clearly sense a bit of irony in Nitrams words, right ?
Next time complaining about something give useful data to check the problems. Then you won't get such an answer.
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

Damien, by what you say, I am getting the impression that my maturity isn't high enough to the Illarion standards, one would find that rubbish, if you are referring to fooser and what I said to him... An equally childish insult will recieve one back.

And as for the dodging, it has changed so I repeat once more, please just close this topic now.
Markous

Post by Markous »

Gildon wrote:please just close this topic now.
Done.