Dusty's exile

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Dusty's exile

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Yes, that's right friends.

I have been asked to leave Trolls Bane by the "Voice of Gobiath" himself! Governor Stephen Rothman.

We had a short meeting about Greenbriar changing it's stance on this 'war'. The Governor wanted Greenbriar to send aid and supplies to him, virtually dragging Greenbriar into this war of his.

I resisted. I tried to explain that our citizens do not want war. We have a council, with the same votes and powers I have. I am not alone and I have to consider our citizens first. Greenbriar is Neutral. If the Temple doesn't bother us, we won't bother them.

When I wouldn't see his point of view, he asked me to leave his town. Very well, I said, and promptly left. It's a battleground anyway.

In my opinion, the Governor doesn't serve Gobiath, but his own power. Why else would he endanger Trollsbane with two unnecessary wars? I'm inclined to now agree with King Ghorn's sentiments. I will formally apologize to him for any comments to the contrary.

However, I will honor the Governor's request, and not set foot in Trolls Bane again. It may be in Gobiath's center, but Gobiath does not revolve around it as he supposes.

If anyone needs me, or wishes to Trade, come to Greenbriar. I will remain here, with 'sensible' people.

Signed,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor of Greenbriar~
~Merchant extrodinaire~
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I didn't ban you. You were complaining about how you only come to Trolls Bane rarely because it is a battlefield. When I asked for your help to keep the fight away from Greenbriar by supplying us with potions and food you refused saying you simply "couldn't". So then I asked you to leave the battlefield you so easily dismissed in praise of your own land.

If you deem it an exile Dusty so be it. Just know, as I said, it is not a war for land, it is a war against mortal souls. If you think by not aiding those who are fighting and bleeding so you don't have too will keep you safe from Nalzaxx, you are wrong. If he finishes the warriors off he will prey upon you. I am certain you already know this.

By not supplying the warriors, not just Trolls Bane this included Varshikar, the Grey Rose and the White Flame, you are endangering your own people. You are endangering Greenbriar because you refuse to aid the warriors and mages that are fighting for your safety and to keep your own souls within your bodies.

I won't go into detail over your mistakes recently Dusty, but this will be one that puts the nail in your political coffin.

Stephen Rothman
Warrior of Malachin
Governor of Trolls Bane
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I wouldn't be talking about 'political' coffins if I was you. The hole for yours has been dug for months. Besides, I'm not as attached to my office as you seem to be. I can be voted out. How about you?

I was simply stating what happened. The fact is that Greenbriar declared Neutrality and you have tried to pull us into the war several times. Where's the respect that we just want to be left alone?

When I refused your entreaties, adhering to the 'stated' wishes of our citizens, you tell me 'begone! Get out of 'my' town!" What is that supposed to mean? Is this how you treat friends? With intimidation, scare tactics and threats?

No thanks. We don't need allies like that.

We will go it alone if need be. But I don't think we are.

Vanima, Orcs of the Mountain, Zzyathis, Silverband and ourselves have in one way or another, refused to fly under your 'banner'. If you are truly leading the 'Good' Fight, why do you think this is so? That's over half of Gobiath.

I would excemine your own faults before you start finger pointing at others, Governor.

Sincerely,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor of Greenbriar~
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

after reading Mayor Bottoms entry to the towns cronicle, concerning his talks with governor Rothman, Tjalf Kormsen adds:

I do not welcome our relations with the city of trolls bane to worsen.
but:
Greenbriar is a weak comunity. It's citizens are mostly artesans and rural people, badly or not trained for fight.
defended only by an insufficent number of volunteers.
and:
taking in account the "hit and run" nature of the ongoing wars, where the fighting groups are not even able to defend their own territories from enemy attacks, none of them would be able to defend additionaly the territory of Greenbriar.
by it's very nature, this might become a very long war. so the leaders of the warring factions should think about their future needs, instead of trying to bully harmless merchants.
so:
i think an open or even silent aid to any nation or group during the ongoing wars would not be in our town's interest.
allthough a strict neutrality will earn us a certain alienation from all involved, special friendship with one side would earn us special contemt from the other sides.

therefore I am strongly recommending, that we do NOT aide any of the warring groups.
but maintain open trade with every individual of any group, who wants to trade with us.
hoping, that all people and groups affected understand, that they could take bounty from us but once. but they can trade with us continually.
(and if they pay with money instead of insults, they will get exactly the goods and services, they want)
*#me is chuckling, while inserting this afterthought in the document*
taking in account our weekness, we should not take offense by shortsighted decisions of the stressed wargroup-leaders.
if one or some of them do not want us to travel to their cities, than just let them come to trade here in greenbriar.

points for discussion:

taking in account, that each part of the island has it's special resources and products, we should think about insisting on barter. so, that those, who want to buy, what they can not buy at home - give us, at least part of the price in unique wares of their province, that we can sell to others.

do we need to create a special "temporary citizenship" for those noncombatants who choose to live in greenbriar, till the wars are over?

Tjalf Kormson
Alderman
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Dusty you have been a good friend and will remain a friend as I know you have nothing but good intentions. Refusing to help us in this battle when you have so much to offer sadens me. Arameh now, my mentor and dear friend, great warrior, has had his soul captured by Nalzaxx. How can anyone stand idly while these things happen. I do my best not to be angry, I understand you serve the desires of your nation. There is great evil in our land, this is an understatment. Despite how much anyone has to offer, to stand and do nothing while we fight and die, not for power I might add as the thought disgusts me, is passivly aiding the Blackstone.

I guess what I'm asking is if the undead are overpowering me are you going to walk back to the briar or unleash your bow? This is a question for all teh citizens of Golbiath. I will let no lich walk freely in all of Golbiath.

Mark Strongarm
Page of the Noble citizens of Trollsbane
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Greenbriar was attacked earlier today by undead monsters, assumed sent by the temple. The Grey Rose squire, I believe, Ardian was there and fought them all. If you wish for a fuller account of the happenings then speak to him. For now, as I said, this is not a war for land, it is for souls. They do not care if you don't stand united with us against them, they will attack nonetheless.

Stephen Rothman
Warrior of Malachin
Governor of Trolls Bane
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Tjalf: Tjalf, thank you for your thoughts, they echo my own. We are certainly open to trade, with anyone. That was never in dispute. As for the 'tempory peoples', we already have 'dual-citizenship' for this situation. It would grant citizenship to those who's primary loyalty lies elsewhere, but are willing to aid us provided that it doesn't conflict with their primary loyalties. Otherwise, they are just visitors under protection.

Mark: I have been and always will be your friend. The fight you take for the Governor is where your loyalty lies. I understand that. I have never begrudged anyone their right to choose their loyalties.
From the day I set foot in this land, I have always made it known that my loyalty is with Greenbriar. I would defend it with my dying breath if need be. There is no other loyalty for me than that.
If you were taken by the undead, would I return to Greenbriar or use my bow? If those are the only choices, sadly I know what I would do. Your life is no-one's to command but your own. The choices, and hence the consequences rest upon you alone. Choose your destiny wisely. I can not choose it for you. I choose Greenbriar.

Governor: Thank you for this information.

~Dusty Bottoms~
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

And who will you ask for help if the undead start to kill your citizens, I hope you do not wait until then to ask for their help our ours, because we will help the Briar. Acknolege that we should all be untied for this battle. And if that cannot happen, due to the conflicts of Silverbrand and Trollsbane as an example I am much happier to see Silverbrand allying with nations and Trollsbane doing the same. Offer us help in what ways you can, if you have no swords to offer we cannot blame you, but I ask you not to believe you are not involved. All of Golbiath is at war now, it became clear to me in the escalated battles of today.

Mark Strongarm