A Plea

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

~Darius~

A Plea

Post by ~Darius~ »

The temples colours are shown at last. Nalzaxx the forsaken has dropped the fascade which he eagerly wore.

I urge the elfs and the dwarfs to aid the town of Trollsbane. Politics are but words, and the disagreements shall always run true, but whereas Trollsbane angers you for its ruler and its words, do not forget the temple are a far more dangerous foe. Stealers of souls, eaters of the infirm, creaters of the damned.

Tol' Vanima already the temple has taken one off your elders, and yet the noble race of the elfs whom have aided turn back the tides off darkness since time began sit and allow thier work to be done by those not suited to the task as your noble selfs.

Silverbrand, the strong and proud Dwarfs whom have always fought with pride and ferocity no matter the foe, who's honour in the past has been at Trollsbanes side, let your currant arguements be dropped and remember that Trollsbane is made off more than just the Governer but its innocent citizens within.

The Varshikari, long have you aided Trollsbane in your own manner, but usually it takes time for your brave men and woman to show. Perhaps now is a time of change and you shall take the pre-emptive. Show up to the battle before the tide needs changing, aid the southern land of Trollsbane now, and save the misery of others if you wait.

This is a plea for the isle to unite and to purge this evil which stains the land, the game of politics can be taken up once again when your innocents once more may be able to rest at night without fear of the lingering dead at thier throats.

Consider my words friends, as at the end off the day they are but words, but it takes but one word to change the lifes of many. Yes or No.

Darius ~ High Paladin, Order of the Flame
~ Keeper of Zhambras Peace ~
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

We would hav' agreed on negotiations an' talks about this. But with his attack on Gloin an' his foolish behaviour Rothman destroyed everythin'.

Ther' will now never be a support for tha town. Not with that moron of a leader runnin' around. They hav' to solve that now alone.

King Ghorn
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Then I ask the Dwarves to Ally themselves with the Resistance. We are small in numbers but growing. We hold no allegance to the Government, especially Rothman. Our goal is to protect the Citizens of any town that wishes our help. Not the Government in which it encases. We will fight the Temple if they decide to attack a citizen in our presence.

Ghorn. We are freeswords. Not Town guards, not Knights. We are free. We choose to do this, and this is what we do. It is a part of us. Join me in my fight if you will not help Rothman. Help me in my battle of saving the citizens from harm.

Taylor Windslasher
The Lone Wolf
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

I think we shall meet an' talk. Send me a dove about a when an' where.

King Ghorn
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I will voice what I truely feel for it is what is occuring and not a political plea, it is a statement of dire consequences down the road for them.

Tol Vanima and Silverbrand were two nations who swore immediately they would launch a war against the temple. Yet they never raised a blade, nor shot an arrow to do what they swore to do. Instead they refused talks with me, and plotted to overthrow me because they had thought I was in league with the temple. Yet now I am leading the war they swore to lead, now Trolls Bane is bleeding in the battle they swore to wage, and where are they?

Tol Vanima has grown weak under the reign of the elders, they have forgotten the raids the drow had comitted. Perhaps because half their elders never had to deal with such raids, nor do they remember it was I and numerous members of this Knighthood that beat the drows into submission numerous times. Yet even so, all with elven blood should know what such an evil a drow is, and a clan of drow fight for the Temple! The only elven warrior from Vanima is Callith, who is being nursed in Trolls Bane and for that I am indebted to the elven warrior. The lone warrior whom I argue with, but both of us have seen enough battles to know, political and personal differences aside, a war is to be waged and we fight together. This mentality does not flow among the standing Elders clearly.

The mighty dwarves of Silverbrand remain silent, eager to draw blood over a tavern but not break the bones of a Lich. The dwarves of Silverbrand, under King Gemfist let Gloin run rampant in town after we have plead and told them to either let us lock him up in our jails or keep him out of town. Where is your honor now? Where is your great dynasty of warriors? You swore to wage a war against the temple and you do absolutely nothing but blind side the soldiers who are fighting the fight you said you would do!

I feel extremely frustrated and backstabbed for both these betrayals. For both sides leaving the island of Gobiath alone and open to be over run by these undead monsters that we have all been building and preparing to destroy. We have all gather information on how best to combat them, yet you all use your information for drunken rants, while we use this information to decide our next move against them.

I deeply thank Varshikar, whom has stood silent on both sides but understands the grave threat and how it can spill out of control and is now joining the island in fighting this evil. Trolls Bane, nor the silent majorities in both Vanima and Silverbrand who see their faults, will never forget you coming to fight this battle with us. May both our towns live long after this filth is turn to dust.

And the Knighthood of the Grey Rose, truely an admirable order. You have long stood as silent watchers of the island, ensuring Gobiath is never overtaken by evil and you stay true to your word that you will make sure it never does. We all thank you and look forward to sharing the battle with you.

I will never forget the actions done by all in these times of eternal darkness and fear,

Stephen Rothman
Warrior of Malachin
Governor of Trolls Bane
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

Ya lies an' attempts to deceive won't change tha hearts of those who know tha truth.

Ya tried for many month to obtain tha temples power for yaself. Ya wonder why we haven't attacked them? Because it was ya who gav' them a safe home in ya town. Because ya threat everyone with jail who would raise a weapon against them on ya land. Because tha temple hide tha whole time in Trollsbane, under ya protection! Ya insulted and threated those who tried to fight tha temple. An' why? Because ya had plans with them. Ya thought ya can use them for ya own power. That ya can use them to gain more controle over tha isle. Tha sam' ya thought with tha orcs!

An' know when ya saw that ya plan won't happen, ya finally start to fight. After it is too late. After they gathered already too much strength. An' why wer' they able to do so? Because ya offered them a safe haven in Trollsbane. Because ya protected them ther'. Sur', we could hav' fought them. But than ya would hav' raised ya weapons against as, because ya ar' a honorless, opportunistic bastard who doesn't car' for mor' than his own power an' his own pleasures!

It was ya alliance an' friendship with tha temple that bound everyone else tha hands in this matter! Ya hav sabotagedf since tha very first day any attemp to do somethin' successfull against tha temple.

Ya hav' tha main fault at tha current situation.

An' about Gloin. Tha poor lad suffered under som' crazyness, som' illness in tha last time. He was not awar' of his doins. He was a victim of som' madness which could be healed by good hearted peoples, who ar' no greedy an' powergungry fools like ya!

Tha only one who betrays her' is ya. Ya betrayed all good an' livin' when ya allianced with tha temple to profit from them. Ya was tha idiot who gav' them tha chance to become so strong!

An' all lies ya will spread her' won't disguis ya fault. Because those out ther' who ar' not ya bootlickers know it, an' they will never forget it. The only reasons tha peoples will fight tha temple is not ya, most of them wouldn'T crie seein' ya die. They do it to safe tha isle. I never said thsa dwarves won't fight tha temple, but they will NEVEr do it at a side of a honorless traitor like ya! Ya can die tha cruelest death, we won't giv' ya a helpin' hand. We will fight tha temple for all tha others, but nut for ya an' ya greed for mor' power. If others ar' stupid enough to do so, than let them do. Silverbrand won't support a illness for tha isle like ya.

King Ghorn
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Tell me Ghorn, what proof do you have of anything you have just written? What do you have to prove I would jail anyone who attacked them? Did I jail Gwendolin or Darius when they attacked Dravian in town? No, I jailed Dravian for it.
Tell me Ghorn, what proof do you have of me trying to gain power from Nalzaxx who lacked the knowledge of magic? How well would it have turned out if we attacked Nalzaxx to find out he wasn't the main problem and the main problem is far more sinister? Oh wait, you would not know of that because you refused to speak with me about it.
Tell me Ghorn, would you just forgive all my "mistakes" if I said I had a mental illness? Nay, nor will we forgive Gloin what the injuries he caused. You simply are acting one who cannot keep himself in power if he forces Gloin to accept the punishment for the crimes he committed and your trying to smokescreen that fact by launching again personal attacks against me and not sticking the point nor addressing the threat.

Stephen Rothman
Warrior of Malachin
GOvernor of Trolls bane
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

While you may not want our help, I urge you all to make your alligences with haste and take action soon. The temple has not yet unleashed its full strength but has declared it will do so. Trollsbane is not what it once was, it has become as much a battlefield as a city. The necromancers raise our dead to fight against us and former Golbiaths fight for them, undead. We have not yet defended the attack they have anounced to come. I prefer to take the offensive and move on them while they are not in a strategic line of battle. Perhaps we can hold them out of Trollsbane. While you may not fight with us, do not hide from us your intentions. I offer my sword to any alligence who organizes attack on the temple. Sincerily,
Mark Strongarm
Page of the Nighthood of Trollsbane
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Well, I know the leaders won't like this, but it has to be said,

Trollsbane, or more specifically, the governor will fight, but Silverbrand won't. The two largest cities on the isle can't even agree about this temple thing, or even each other.

I agree that undead walking Gobiath is a terrible thing, but who's to do anything about it when their reach is so vast, stretching even to immortal Vanima (Which has been strangely silent), and when the greatest powers in Gobiath can't even agree what to do about it. Not only that, but they are intent to kill each other as well.

I'm sorry, but both the Governor and Silverbrand are wrong.

If Governor Stephen really cared about gaining allies for TrollsBane, no matter how I feel about him personally, I believe he should resign for the benefit of Trollsbane's causes. It seems the best solution for all concerned to unify everyone. Otherwise, he is not acting in the best interests of the town, but himself as King Ghorn claims.

And if King Ghorn really wanted to be taken seriously, and return dwarven pride, he should come down off of his 'high horse' and communicate to and respect other cities. You have yet to gather any allies or do anything constructive besides verbally bash the Governor of another city. I'm sorry, but as a King, you are acting very foolishly and it's difficult to maintain respect for you.

That said for now, begone with both of you. The Hamlet of Greenbriar will sit this one out. We will defend what is ours, offer no sanctuary to the undead, but we will not assist or hinder either side in this 'war against' the Temple. There doesn't seem to be a 'side' against the Temple anyway. Just quarreling children. Prove me wrong.

As long as you two continue to quarrel, the undead will continue to wander Gobiath. Why not hand it back over to the Lizards. At least they can agree on something.

Respectfully,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor of Greenbriar~
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

I don't know wher' ya read that we won't fight, lad. I clearly wrote that we will fight, but not at Rothmans side. We won't help Rothman to make his name with this when he was tha maincause that all could happen. We won't support a man like him.

We will fight tha temple, as I wrote before. But not with that Rothman lad.

I communicate an' respect other cities, lad, I just don't communicate anymor' with Rothman. An' I will never respect such a power greedy an' selfish man.

But I see also tha truth. Greensbriar has not tha force to fight tha undeads, all they hav' ar' the hired warriors. They will need those warriors for tha protection of tha isle.

Tha rose is not longer tha mighty force it was. They ar' good peoples with a good heart, but they lack tha warriors, tha strength.

Varshikar has powerful men. Just take Gabon an' Athian, an' its good that they will fight too. But tha question is, will also those men?

Vanima's biggest force ar' its magicians. An' as far as I heard one of them joined tha temple, or not?

Tha other lands hav' simply not tha military force to fight tha temple an' tha same time defend their homes against it. Ther' is not much to be organized.

I talked with Fooser about a work together with Trollsbane, but tha negotiations broke at Rothmans thickheaded demand to punish one of my citizens. That will simply not happen. I won't betray one of my citizens an' hands him over to a bastard of a man like Rothman to make peace or whatever. We dwarves don't sacrifice our men!

Again, we will fight tha temple, but not together with a traitorios, powergreedy an' selfish man like Rothman. Not after what he has don' an' said. He did too much wrong, he caused too much trouble. We can't an' won't forget all that. Ya better trie to understand that. We dwarves hav' nothin' left than a deep hate for him.

King Ghorn
Nerian Finera

Post by Nerian Finera »

Governor,
Gloin had a mental illness, caused by lack of food and being prisoned in his home. He stood under extreme stress and him has to be forgiven, what he has done. He was not himself and those "mistakes", as you called them are not a product of his real person, but of his crazyness.

Nerian Finera,
Healer and squire of the Grey Rose.
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

Governor Rothman, you have recieved Vanima's offerings to this conflict privately. I will not make them public here.

If you think we are too weak or foolish to fight alongside a nation that waited long enough for their enemies to gather strength, perhaps you should put your patience elsewhere and reconsider what you have allowed them to do. Vanima has raised no blades because we have few, that is true. Vanima will not press war against the cultists openly, but do not think any elf will run and hide should they seek to test us.

We are a nation of patience and tradition, and that does not leave much room for haste actions, even in such troubled times. Any elf would know this to be true. Please take full advantage of the gracious offer I have given you to aid your people, Sir Rothman, and do not begrudge the Elders for what they cannot give but rather rejoice in the fact that we have not abandoned the mainlands to these cultists.

Isilwen Anrion
Elder of Tol Vanima
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I hear too much use of Stephen as a synonym for Trollsbane. What about all the soldiers to defend Trollsbane from these attacks night in and out. I ask for your help and you won't even sell me armor. You say you fight them, they are here, I have not seen you.

Iswilen, Stephen has told me personally he respects and appreciates everything Tol Vanima is doing to help.

For those of you who have the strength to fight the undead, the place to be is where they are found, here in Trollsbane. Your emotions may keep you from fighting alongside Stephen but I do believe that I will see you fight alongside me and my fellow citizens against the necromancers and the drow. I await your blades.

Mark Strongarm
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

To answer yoos question Ghorn, Gabon son of Grutok Corad, once a Knight of kallahorn, a chief of a orcish clan, aund no leader of Varshikar's milita aund owner of da north orcish cave, will be der ter fight to da death. Meh only wish is if i sud be strucken down, take my head for i doesnt wish ter becume a undead minion.

I pledge my axe to no one accept Varshikar aund da inocent and weak peoples of Gobath. But i will fight against dis evil. I hus seen dem, dem doesnt comes afta da lands, oh no. dem comes for da souls of all who walks on Gobath. As lung as der is a breaf in my body dem will feel da rath of meh.

I wills fight,
Gabon
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

It would be an honor to fight along side you sir Gabon.

Strongarm
Matheus

Post by Matheus »

To the folk of this Isle,

I wish to aid in the struggle that now plagues the town. Many times now I have been attacked by undead minions as I was going about my daily business. I am not an experienced fighter, but I am willing to be trained in order to better serve the town. If there is any guild or order I can join to help further then please send me a dove or some notification, I would like to get involved.

Yours with faith,
Matheus.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Become a citizen of Trolls Bane and join the Town guard, or apply for the Knighthood.

Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls bane
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

If you wish to remain a free sword and protect the citizens. The Resistance is always an option. A new master is looking for apprentices

Taylor Windslasher
The Freesword Lone Wolf
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Or you can just talk with Stephen about what you truely have to offer. All aid is appreciated. Town guard and knighthood however are noble jobs if you feel so inspired.

Mark Strongarm
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

The island and the town have my sword till the cult is defeated ---

more doesn't give to say it

Lady Aleytys Lamar