Contract

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Garett Gwenour

Contract

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Today the former ownerless Fighting Arena has been sold to Salathe Kankas. He paid 150 silvers along with a monthly tax of 10% the profits he makes for the fighting arena and all inside it, 8 paces down 8 paces across starting at the north east hedge and 6 paces out 7 paces across from the north west hedge.
The lands are still under the laws of Trolls Bane, save for fighting.
The lands are to be used for the combat school; if Salathe Kankas wants to use the lands for other reasons he must speak to myself or Fooser.
Citizens of Trolls Bane may be taught for cheaper costs.
If Salathe Kankas is absent for more then 10 months the lands are up to auction.
Salathe Kankas may resell the lands he owns in full to another so long as in the future contract the new owner accepts that he cannot build a house there, but instead must continue to use the lands for the combat school and fighting tournaments.
To hold future fighting Tournaments, Salathe Kankas must be notified beforehand and must be present to make sure his lands are not abused and taken advantage of.
People banned from Trolls Bane are still banned from the lands Salathe Kankas' owns and will thereby be subject to the Town Guard or Knighthood driving them away.
Salathe Kankas has the right to ban people from his lands. If those banned people do not leave he may use force to remove them. If he attacks a citizen of Trolls Bane to get them to leave, that citizen may take Salathe to trial for assault whereby the issue will be decided by citizens of Trolls Bane.
Salathe Kankas may build buildings alone the lands he purchased, but to expand the lands he must pay for more. He may however add parts of buildings on top or below existing lands without paying for them; still must tell the government of Trolls Bane.

Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls Bane
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Signed
Salathe Kankas
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

Given that this building was, as you say, ownerless, who is the recipient of this silver?

-Orren Padick
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

The town.

Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls Bane
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

I would like to see an exact list made by Mister Rothman and an other neutral person about the money "the town" has. About every copper that goes in, and every copper that goes out. I am sure the citizens of Trolls Bane would like such a list about "their" money aswell. Since all money that earns the town belongs to the citizens.

~Lady Samantha Meryadeles~
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Wed May 03, 2006 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

Perhaps you should be a citizen then before expressing your concern over where our money goes.

Marvin
Samantha Meryadeles

As I wrote "I am sure the citizens would like such a list too". I made this suggestion for the citizens. I belief the citizens have every right for a full insight in the money the town has, earns and loses. I wrote this for the chance that noone of the citizen knows he may have a right on that.

Taylor

Post by Taylor »

I care little for where the money goes. And so should you. If you are so interested in the spending of the Governer, Do join the Citizenry. Otherwise, keep your opinouns to yourself.

~Jace
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

This is an official document. Not something an ex citizen of Trolls Bane may use as a means to complain and speak for the citizens she considers, "Commoners."

Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls Bane

((topic closed.))
Samantha Meryadeles

I did nothing else than writing down my concerns and suggestions. Nowhere i complained, nowhere I wrote something about commoners. I don't know why you mention something that never happened.

But can we see your answer on my suggestion as a "no" to the possibility that you inform the citizens about the current treasury of town and how the money gets used? That means you don't plan to have public insight into the money of trolls bane and how it get used?

And the reason I write here, and make that suggestion, is that i care for the peoples living in this town. I may not be a citizen any longer, based on your behaviour, but that won't stop me caring for the other peoples and offering them my help. The only one I don't support is you, I still support the other citizens. And indepentend of what you say or write, I will continue to care for them, and help them.

Markous

Post by Markous »

I fear, that I have to agree to Samantha, that it is a good thing to list, where and for what the Town money is used.

As a friend, I can only suggest you to make such a list, and have it open for public. What do you fear, good Stephen?

Those, who are righteous, do care for their people, and do not steal, should be in no fear of their enemies.

Otherwise, there will only be rumors of the kind, that you are embezzling the town's money.

And you may run into the danger of losing the Order's favor. I have to say this clear, because there have been several incidents in the past that made us monks frown upon your actions.

Yours,
Brother Markous
Daashi

Post by Daashi »

I believe that a treasury report is a needed to keep records of income and spending for the public to view.

I do not you believe you behave in a dishonest fashion, but well need to keep and eye on the government spending of town money.

The calling for your removial, and claims of dishonest activity might cease

Sincerely
Leto Mahn
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

I agree with Lady Samantha.
And I hope that Salathe will rebuild the arena...

M.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

I as Well agree with the others on this, I would like to see how much money the town gets.

Baurus
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

On the word of actual citizens, I will show the treasury. It is quite large because I added all of my personal wealth, to it.

Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls Bane
Drex Thaendrak

Post by Drex Thaendrak »

If you take an advice from an experienced businessman, Governor Rothman, then I would recoomend you to give the treasure to someone who is trusted and will public a regular report on the town finances so everyone knows what is going on with their money and noone can blame you for abusing the town treasure for your own good.

Drex Thaendrak

Merchant and Pawnbroker
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Ret will look after moneys yubba.

Retlak
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

As a former citizen of Troll's Bane and a person that still frequents the town, I would be interested to see what the funds of the town currently stand at and where these funds go.

-Brendan Mason
of Greenbriar
Markous

Post by Markous »

I thank you very much for your trust in my words, Stephen.

Yours respectfully,
Brother Markous
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

This contract has hereby become void. Salathe Kankas has given up rights to the land and has been paid back what he originally invested. In turn the land is once more solely owned by Trolls Bane. The Arena may be rented out for tournaments and events. Speak to myself, Stephen Rothman, or Allen the tax collector of Trolls Bane on the issue.

I thank you,

Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls Bane