New Fighting System changes

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

martin

New Fighting System changes

Post by martin »

The fighting system was changed by adjusting the weapon's statistics like attack value, defense value and attack speed.
This affects all weapons.

Please comment on it.

Martin
Crothu Inkathurg

Post by Crothu Inkathurg »

Is there anyway you can explain it? So i know what to comment on?
martin

Post by martin »

Yes, the values have changed.

What do you want to hear? Shall I quote the 1000+ lines of fighting system code plus the 100+ entries in the wepons table?

Martin
Crothu Inkathurg

Alright little "mody" in the morning aren't you? No, but i understand now. I have tryed a couple differant weapons on pigs and i see now. Warhammers are pretty slow now but i think do a little more damage. Swords like serinjah's are just normal. Double axe's which are what i use are about avervage. Hope thats what you wanted to hear :wink:
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Actualy I belive martin knows what he has changed, so no need to repeat it.
What he wants to know is what you think (good/bad and why) about these changes.
Crothu Inkathurg

I think it's good because it makes it like it was back then. I mean they didn't have 50 pound war hammer's (well unless you were huge) that you could swing at someone 8 times in 15 secounds. I just like it and that wasn't a good example...
Daashi

Post by Daashi »

I had wondered why I was suddendly more skilled in slaughtering pigs then before without my character leveling up.

It has made the lives of innocent farm animals much more shorter.

As for foes that attack back, I don't survive long enough to be able to tell you anything useful.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

This is looking good.. nice one Martin.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

martin wrote:Yes, the values have changed.

What do you want to hear? Shall I quote the 1000+ lines of fighting system code plus the 100+ entries in the wepons table?

Martin
please do :)

And get the opdl one for comparison. And write an essay explaining what made you want to make those changes, and how theyr ebetter suited :)
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Retlak wrote:This is looking good.. nice one Martin.
Thank you, but I'm sure he had help. *cough*Grobby*cough*

:wink:
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Oh he had help? well, nice one to whoever helped him.

:P
martin

Post by martin »

I guess it was bad if there are only positive comments.

Martin

PS.: Sure, Grobby helped me.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I did not test a lot on the system up to now, but the changes I have seen up to now are good.

Edit : Skill gaining for fighting is very slow, sometimes I get no skill up at all for a training with a character with nearly no skill, on mummys, we must also count that when training we dont fight all the time, most of the time is waiting to get healed :? .
martin

Post by martin »

Arameh_ wrote:Edit : Skill gaining for fighting is very slow,
Where did I say that I changed that?

Eventually you should consider visiting school from time to time.

Martin
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

martin wrote:

Martin
I didnt see you saying you would change that, and I dont really understand the meaning of what you wrote. :?
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

He's just being a jerk. Ignore it.
Poots

Post by Poots »

Crothu Inkathurg wrote:Alright little "mody" in the morning aren't you? No, but i understand now. I have tryed a couple differant weapons on pigs and i see now. Warhammers are pretty slow now but i think do a little more damage. Swords like serinjah's are just normal. Double axe's which are what i use are about avervage. Hope thats what you wanted to hear :wink:
which proves the testing method. test before you ask.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Martin likes to be immature and snobby and question peoples intelligence whenever possible, Cain's advice is pretty good.
Sylveria

Post by Sylveria »

I don't think either side is right this time, but do we have to go so far off topic just to insult each other so much ? :( sorry I had to say something, Sylveria is not even a fighting char. But it was just kinda of upsetting, this helps nothing I think :(

Also is this update just with weapons, Martin ?
Will it still make a difference if my character only has tailoring scissors to defend herself from flies chasing her? :wink:
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I did not insult anyone ever on this forum though.
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

wepon are the only thing changed in this right? Armor still breaks like it used to no?
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Yeah but armors are a bit less a problem now that we parry a bit more, at least.
martin

Post by martin »

martin wrote:The fighting system was changed by adjusting the weapon's statistics like attack value, defense value and attack speed.
This affects all weapons.

Please comment on it.

Martin
This was my initial posting.
Let me point out.

"The fighting system" referrs to the server's way to calculate what happens within a fighting round; it involves a lot of different variables, such as the attacking weapon's stats, the attackers skills and attributes, the attackers position relatively to his victim, the victims skills and attributes, the victims armor and weapon's stats and the victims position.

"was changed" means that there were some things (values, algorithms, source code, database tables, ...) until this point in time and afterwards they were different.

"by adjusting the weapon's statistics like attack value, defense value and attack speed." means: the change was done by altering statistics that belong to the weapons, that is their attack value, their defense value and their speed.

"This affects all weapons." means that all weapons were changed, not just some of them.

"Please comment on it." means that you should try to fight and write down what you think about the changes.

"Martin": This is my name.

Please don't ask questions that were already answered in the original posting.

Martin
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

Also, ganz ehrlich mag ich das Opfer-System nicht. Die Gegner suchen sich immer den schwächsten Gegner aus. Der Versuch, Realität hereinzubringen scheitert meiner Meinung aber. In RL kann ich auch nicht sehen, ob einer einen Schwarzgurt hat, oder ähnliches. Ich finde, anstatt sich an den WErten zu orientieren, sollten die Gegener, den am schwächsten "wirkenden" Genger angreifen - also den, welcher die schlechteste Ausrüstung hat.
So ist gewährleistet, dass nicht immer der gleiche stirbt. Es geht nämlich immer nach dem gleichen Schema los:
Alle gehen auf den schwachen, der stirbt. dann kommt der nächste und der stirbt auch. der Stärkste steht auf einmal alleine da...
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Insbesondere wenn man Magiern und Bogenschützen gegenüber steht. Dann gibt es nämlich keine Möglichkeit für schwächere Chars außer Reichweite zu bleiben. Da ist man tot sowie man auch nur in die in die Nähe des Kampfes kommt.
Thariel Feuersturm

Oh ja, seit Illa habe ich echt Respekt vor Goblins :lol:
martin

Post by martin »

This has nothing to do with the changes.

Martin
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

It's just for you to recognise and consider. No need to open a new discussion for every aspect of the fighting system that might or might not need improvement.

For the weapons I cannot say much yet.
Thariel Feuersturm

Well, for the changes:

I like it. It has now all to consider. It makes a different, if you fight with two swords or with a sword or a shield.
And the defensive weapons are now better defensiv.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

martin wrote:

Martin
ouch. glad martin doesnt try insulting me on a regular basis, i might not be able to fend him off as easily as most :?.

Anyway, the changes seem good, but i dont fight much so it's hard to tell exactly.