Magic Discussion

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Like i said before you guys.. if you think mages are so strong then jsut avoid picking fights with them.. instead be friends with them.. i mean magic is kind of like the "RP" based skill here.. it maybe be too strong but it isnt used like swords.. its used only when its needed.. or thats how it should be. because why would a mage waste mana on say pigs. its really only used against other players. this is at least what i have seen and heard since the time i joined illa
Agreed.
Siegfried Schtauffen
Location: Fending off noobxorxz for 100th top poster position.

Post by Siegfried Schtauffen »

xBaurusx wrote:Like i said before you guys.. if you think mages are so strong then jsut avoid picking fights with them.. instead be friends with them.. i mean magic is kind of like the "RP" based skill here.. it maybe be too strong but it isnt used like swords.. its used only when its needed.. or thats how it should be. because why would a mage waste mana on say pigs. its really only used against other players. this is at least what i have seen and heard since the time i joined illa
I'm not trying to get into the argument or anything, because this can really go either way.

But it's kinda hard not to pick fights with people when you're an evil character, perhaps a assassian, everyone is looking for you even mages.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

xBaurusx wrote:Like i said before you guys.. if you think mages are so strong then jsut avoid picking fights with them.. instead be friends with them.. i mean magic is kind of like the "RP" based skill here.. it maybe be too strong but it isnt used like swords.. its used only when its needed.. or thats how it should be. because why would a mage waste mana on say pigs. its really only used against other players. this is at least what i have seen and heard since the time i joined illa

Yeah, lets all do like you and kiss their ass so that they dont kick our ass :roll:

EditL : As I said fucking 10 times, we dont pick fight with them casue we dotn have a chance, need an 11th time?
Last edited by Arameh on Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

lance you and i agree on a lot of stuff. lol

wo wait Arameh.. kiss ass? im not kissing ass to them. i agree with the system of magic and its usess.. this isnt kissing ass its called my opinion
Last edited by xBaurusx on Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lance Thunnigan

I'm not trying to get into the argument or anything, because this can really go either way.

But it's kinda hard not to pick fights with people when you're an evil character, perhaps a assassian, everyone is looking for you even mages.
Don't be an assassin.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Garett Gwenour wrote:

Proposal let warriors Dodge spells as well as Block spells with their shields. It would make sense for a master in dodge to be able to dodge a spell coming at them often enough, and let's say using a Sky shield you would be able to block the brunt of a spell, still recieveing damage but no where near as much.

Basically, incorporate a warriors earned skill and defenses of dodge and parry against magic spells. This will bring everything full circle, no longer will warriors who have to spend a year making their character strong can complain about being blindsided by a noob, as their skills will be used and not worthless against a mage.

All those in agreement say I.
Since it was ignored largely.
Galahan

Post by Galahan »

Actually that has no logic. The spell is aimed at the body or appears on the body when i see that attacks so how can you dodge fire coming out of the ground or your body?
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Lance Thunnigan wrote:

Don't be an assassin.
Nice idea, what about dont be warrior, dont be anything that could be agaisnt magic, dont RP, and stfu cause mages will always be overpowered muhuhahahaa.
Lance Thunnigan

Indeed. Agreed.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Galahan wrote:Actually that has no logic. The spell is aimed at the body or appears on the body when i see that attacks so how can you dodge fire coming out of the ground or your body?
Incorrect, fire balls and ice spells actually have a graphic of the fire ball flying from the mage to its target ;)
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Garett Gwenour wrote:
Galahan wrote:Actually that has no logic. The spell is aimed at the body or appears on the body when i see that attacks so how can you dodge fire coming out of the ground or your body?
Incorrect, fire balls and ice spells actually have a graphic of the fire ball flying from the mage to its target ;)
Yeah and its a game, if everything would be realistic mages would die in one strikes too.
Siegfried Schtauffen
Location: Fending off noobxorxz for 100th top poster position.

Post by Siegfried Schtauffen »

Lance Thunnigan wrote:

Don't be an assassin.
What if it is in our RP?
Should we have to stop being a assassian just because someone'll kick our ass?
Galahan

Post by Galahan »

We should all learn magic if we have the stats or something. Ethier if we choose are profession when we start out and get some runes or a NPC teacher gives them to us. Then we have to go to the academy to get more runes and learn. Cause everyday i see a new person going around asking for Lady Meryadeles.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

EditL : As I said fucking 10 times, we dont pick fight with them casue we dotn have a chance, need an 11th time?
To be honest there are many who pick fightsa with mages and anger them enough to earn a beating. but we dont do, since we are friendly players. i meet often someone who insults my archmistress harshly. like karguk, or brodie love. but they dont get killed because of that. even if they should be :P. Stephen too gave samantha many reasons to flame him, but she didnt.
Lance Thunnigan

What if it is in our RP?
No, I'm saying don't whine about all the Uuber Mages and Strong Warriors chasing after you if that's how you intend on playing.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Siegfried Schtauffen wrote:
Lance Thunnigan wrote:

Don't be an assassin.
What if it is in our RP?
Thats pretty much what he meant yes
Lance Thunnigan

STFU smartass. I explained above.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:
To be honest there are many who pick fightsa with mages and anger them enough to earn a beating. but we dont do, since we are friendly players. i meet often someone who insults my archmistress harshly. like karguk, or brodie love. but they dont get killed because of that. even if they should be :P. Stephen too gave samantha many reasons to flame him, but she didnt.

He forgot to call her lady? They know you wont flame they in town thats why. If you want an example of what I mean, think of Stephen's imprisonnement, Arameh would have attacked if Samantha wasnt there, ready to flame him at any dangerous movemement.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Lance Thunnigan wrote:
STFU smartass. I explained above.

And it sucked
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Siegfried Schtauffen wrote:
Lance Thunnigan wrote:

Don't be an assassin.
What if it is in our RP?
Should decent hearted mages and townspeople be told to stop what they do to make it easier for bad guys?
Samantha Meryadeles

What she wouldnt have done. arameh would just have proofed the towns violence. that alone would have been enough damage to the towns reputation.

And now, he called her stupid, selfish, greedy, bitch, and so on
Lance Thunnigan

And it sucked
F*ck you. I'm going IG now.
Galahan

Post by Galahan »

I think all mages have great rp though. On my bad characters i usually hold them or something and they don't shoot flames if i rp that i have there hands tied or something liek that.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:What she wouldnt have done. arameh would just have proofed the towns violence. that alone would have been enough damage to the towns reputation.

And now, he called her stupid, selfish, greedy, bitch, and so on
Arameh never ver insulted Samantha, and I she would have flamed him, that is like a fact.
Samantha Meryadeles

Just cover their eyes. A mage can't flame what she or he doesn't see. They have to see the target ;)

Arameh, please don't decide what I would do with my char, since you cant know that a bit *rolls eyes*
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:Just cover their eyes. A mage can't flame what she or he doesn't see. They have to see the target ;)

Arameh, please don't decide what I would do with my char, since you cant know that a bit *rolls eyes*
You would flame Arameh for a good wand.
Samantha Meryadeles

I won't comment that stupidness *rolls eyes*

But to come back to Stephen. i think too the simple destructionspells should be less strong. half energy is much, i think 1/8 on low level and 1/4 on high level would be enough for the first spell you learn.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:I won't comment that stupidness *rolls eyes*

But to come back to Stephen. i think too the simple destructionspells should be less strong. half energy is much, i think 1/8 on low level and 1/4 on high level would be enough for the first spell you learn.

For the 1.5 seconds flames yeah.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Anyways I doubt any developers will read this, or do anything for it. Enjoy and have fun with your magic.
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

you forgot, that there will be a resistence against magic. let it so how it is now..