Nominees for Elder of Tol Vanima

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Isilwen

Nominees for Elder of Tol Vanima

Post by Isilwen »

Written in a neat elvish script

My friends, again is the time for an election for two Elders of Tol Vanima. If you know anyone who you feel is capable of the position of Elder, please send their names and a short reason by dove to me, and I will ask to meet them personally so that we know they will be able to fufill the duties required. Feel free to submit your own name if you wish, as I will give no indication as to who put forth the name.

I will write below the names of those nominated shortly, along with small descriptions of their character and ideas for those who do not have time to meet them. Please do not cast any votes until I announce that the nominations are completed. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. All of Elven Blood are welcome to take part in this.

May the Five Bless these days ahead of us.
Elder Isilwen Anrion

Nominees are listed below. I ask that each take time to write their own reasons for being elected, and that the voting not begin until each has had time to do this. Please consider each nominee before casting your votes. Every elf may cast two votes. I will update the count as often as I can.

CURRENT COUNT:
El'Daranae Artemetus -7
Avareniah Igdrasil - 11
Damien - 7
Misjilah Mehialho -9
Dravish - Withdrawn
Arynne - Withdrawn

((count will be updated roughly three times a day. Keep in mind some votes are privately sent, so if you're counting on the thread then the numbers will be a bit off))[/u]
Last edited by Isilwen on Sat May 06, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

The parchment has been written on further
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

"The voting will begin later today."

Why do I always get the feeling procrastination is an elven trademark lately?

ImageLady MehialhoImage
-Magistress
-Librarian of Vanima
-Adjutor of the Grey Light
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Well, since we live forever, its kind of our specialty. But like it has been said, maybe the new elders will bring more activity to us.

Azuros
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

We also usually do not make promises which we break Azuros.

ImageLady MehialhoImage
-Magistress
-Librarian of Vanima
Dravish

Re: Nominees for Elder of Tol Vanima

Post by Dravish »

Narmir wrote: I will write below the names of those nominated shortly, along with small descriptions of their character and ideas for those who do not have time to meet them. Please do not cast any votes until I announce that the nominations are completed. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. All of Elven Blood are welcome to take part in this.
The preparations are not ready Lady Mehialo. I see not how a vote can take place in un-controlled circumstances.

Dravish
Lady Arynne

Post by Lady Arynne »

Indeed, as Dravish has said, preparations are incomplete. From my understanding and reading through old parchments, the last elder election was rushed, despite extenuating circumstances, and as a result we are facing a new election scarce months later. Is this closer to the elven nature you describe than waiting a few turns of the moon to ensure the election is carried out properly this time? I think not; I think it is best if we take our time and can be complacent in knowing our elders this time will be none other than the best to serve our people.

May the wisdom and patience of your ancestors be with you all, particularly those who hope to serve in the near future.

~Arynne
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

I apologise for the delay. The voting will begin once each nominee has had time to write their own testimonies. The best of luck to each of you.

Elder Isilwen Anrion

Further changes have been made to the top of the parchment

((could everyone who posted above please either edit or delete your posts to make the thread less cluttered once the voting begins? ^^ ))
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Thank you Isilwen, I am honoured to be chosen as a nominee. I am certain, no matter whom is chosen, that it will be a fresh beginning for our community once more. I sincerely hope it will work out this time.

My goals for Vanima are as followed:
  • A place that will be actively bustling with elves, quietly contemplating on complex matters, expressing their views through art, communal with the gods and intelligent discussion.
  • A place of peace, where no unwished visitors will intrude on the above, where no life will be harmed, and where the tranquility of the woods is kept and enhanced.
  • A place of community, where all elves feel bonded together, either through hardship or joy, either through meeting, or quiet whispers.
  • A place of prosperity, where the elves can freely practice their crafts at hand, where the tools they need are at hand.
  • A place of nature, where the wildlife is not shy of the elves, where sheep peacefully graze, where the birds fly uninterrupted by violent noise.
I wish Vanima to shine as a place of high culture and a great intellectual level. May it be a pleasant home, school and nation once again.

May the Five grant you their blessing,

ImageLady MehialhoImage
-Magistress
-Librarian of Vanima
Avareniah

Post by Avareniah »

First, I would like to thank the brother(s) or sister(s) who nominated me for the position of elder of our community. I assure that if it is the will of the people, I will not let our community down in my position.

For those elves who do not know me very well, I have written a brief biography.
-I arrived on the island of Gobaith nearly two years ago. Since that time I have had the pleasure to meet many of our fine brothers and sisters under many varying circumstances. I also joined the Druids of the Forest under Caitlin Fergus and am now the Leader of the Circle, as well as a qualified medico. I spend my days between Trolls Bane (where most of my patients reside) and Tol Vanima, because it has become the land of my heart.

I feel I would be an asset to Tol Vanima and the elven community for a few reasons, as follows:
-I have experience serving at the head of a community who relies on me for answers and to set an example.
-I am not the type to procrastinate on any subject, the least of which is for the betterment of a community who needs, or wants, my help.
-I am always available to any who wish to speak with me, either by dove or in person. I am mindful to keep a high profile, in case someone is looking for me, no matter how small or large the reason.
All of the above point out that I am easily accessible, capable of taking care of any problems that may arise affecting our community, and have the ambition and drive to make the desires of our people into realities.

I am well aware of the duties of an elder and I feel more than willing to accept those responsibilities. I have no desire to rule a community that needs no ruler, but instead recognize that it would be my pleasure to serve the Elven community of Tol Vanima and Gobaith to the best of my abilities.
I pray that the Five watch over the elections of our people and lead Tol Vanima into a future that is abundant with intellect, thriving with culture and traditions, and prosperous in all ways.

Avareniah Igdrasil
-Medico and Leader of the Druids of the Forest-
Damien

Post by Damien »

I do not intend to write many words here. Those who know me, will also know my views of the things.
I feel honored to be nominated a third time, and will not withdraw again.
~El'Daranae~

Post by ~El'Daranae~ »

Greetings, brothers and sisters.

Many of you perhaps know my name, know my face, but do not know me beyond my relation to one of our beloved.

Though he is not with us anymore, it is my brother Thalodos that I owe this nomination to at all. It is him that made me realize that there could be no better service to your own people than to help guide them through a cultured, peaceful future.

I never thought of myself as a leader. Somehow it seemed wrong to me to assume that I alone could know what was best for an entire people. However, through watching Lady Anrion in her role as elder, and through the lessons in loyalty my brother imparted to me while he could, I have learned that being an Elder is not a position of power, or authority, not if it is accepted correctly and not abused. It is the chance to hear out the dreams of your kin, and be able to take steps to accomplish that dream. It is about being a sympathetic ear to all of your blood, and knowing when to embrace them, when to wipe their tears aside, and when to leave them in solace. It is not about making orders or rules; it is about always putting your personal goals and needs aside for the better good of the land, and its people.

I am grateful to the land and people of Vanima, for giving me the first place I ever truly called home. I want to give back what I received. I want to honor and cherish the land I call home, and I want to protect and nourish the culture of our people. I have come to believe that I would best do this in the capacity I have described above.

I will not tell you what my plans and my visions are for Vanima, because Vanima is not my home alone. It is home to all of us, and I would not presume my ideas are the best. I would share with you my views, but they would never be etched in stone; Your words will form the final decision just as much as mine will. Because being an Elder is not about leadership. It is about guidance.

I wish to work with Lady Anrion and another of our people to ensure that every voice on this island is heard; that everyone has their chance to present their side of an issue, regardless. I want to guide you, facilitate your dreams for this wonderful home of ours, but never lead you to make a decision that is outside of your true heart.

I know no better way to say this.

With utmost devotion and sincerity,
El'Daranae Artemetus
Lady Arynne

Post by Lady Arynne »

I have no fancy words or proclamations to make. I have simply one vision and the truth and weight of my heart behind it.

Whatever state the land and its people have lain in, in my heart Vanima has always been a sanctuary; a place of peace, of beauty. We can come no closer to heaven than the wooded groves and musically flowing streams that exsist beyond the city walls. Any one of us who has ever fallen asleep to the soft murmer of the wind through the trees, the gentle birdsong from overhead, the splashing of wavelet on rock at the riverside can see and understand my vision for Vanima. Picture only this, and no other words become necessary.

My heart is my people. My heart is this image. I can say with complete honesty that I would give my life and my soul to preserve this; I would and will put all of my being into serving the land and its people, for I am nothing, my life is nothing, without its majestic forests to house me. Whether or not I am selected as an Elder, this will not change that I wil serve the land; it will only change what title I serve it under.

-Arynne
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

My reason's to being nominated are unknown to myself.

In my eyes these are the area's which are cause for concern and so are the ones which i shall write as my tasks if elected.

* Bringing pride back to a people whom can no longer see it.

* Making Tol'Vanima once more a name spoken in awe.

* Independance to the elf's whom at this time rely to much upon the other races.

* The training and recognition of the various elven institutes.

There is no more.

Dravish

Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

The voting can now begin. Any who wish their votes to remain private may send me a dove.

Isilwen Anrion
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

My vote goes out to Avareniah Igdrasil and El'Daranae Artemetus, for they have most thoroughly thought about the position, and are the most capable in my eyes.

May the Five grant you insight on this matter,

ImageLady MehialhoImage
-Magistress
-Librarian of Vanima
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

Avareniah Igdrasil, Lady Mehialho.

Dravish
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

Avareniah Igdrasil, Damien

~Shandariel el Lysanthrai~
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Dravish and Misjilah. They seem to be the only ones not afraid of change.

Garett Gwenour
Last edited by Garett Gwenour on Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I'd appreciate it if you could spell my name. Misjilah Mehialho.

ImageLady MehialhoImage
-Magistress
-Librarian of Vanima
Yridia Anar

Post by Yridia Anar »

My votes goes to

Avareniah Igdrasil and Lady Mehialho

Yridia Anar
-daughter of the sun-
Member by the Druids of the Forrest and Medico
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Miss Igdrasil and El'Daranae.

Azuros
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

I vote for Avareniah, and Damien.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Not sure if my voice holds any authority. But here is the vote from this half elf.

Avareniah and Dravish

Taylor Windslasher ~
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Avareniah and Dravish.

~Cain S. Freemont~
Avareniah

Post by Avareniah »

I cast my votes for:

El'Daranae Artemetus and Lady Misjilah Mehialho.

Avareniah Igdrasil
Allura
Location: Bending my mind to crawl through perversions and riddles.

Post by Allura »

Lady Mehialho and Dravish.

~Allura Avery~
~El'Daranae~

Post by ~El'Daranae~ »

After long thought, I feel the two besides myself best suited to fill these positions to be Lady Mehialho and Dravish. Their insight into where change is needed would balance nicely with Lady Anrion's careful consideration.

~El'Daranae Artemetus
Lady Arynne

Post by Lady Arynne »

1. Dravish
2. El'Daranae

I also wish to withdraw my candidacy from the race.

-Arynne
Last edited by Lady Arynne on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fainne

Post by Fainne »

I would like to cast my votes for Avareniah and El'Daranae.

~Fainne Devereaux