Sick of this game. - Cuase it's lack of moderation

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tinari

Sick of this game. - Cuase it's lack of moderation

Post by Tinari »

I am sick of this game, becuase there is no moderation. PKs just log on, kill everyone they want, and do it till they are happy, then log off. Morons cast fire fields 5x5 thick at the shop exit, so you have to waste your damn time, jumping off the roof to get out. Heaven forbid you want to go back in, if you are  a druid.

We need more moderation, or something. Bror, you are the main person here, but I've never seen you once do something about anything going on in here. Delegate. Appoint some peopel you trust to be the law keepers, so people will actually try RPing a little more.

Or, make town guards, all along the town, where if someone does something that breaks the town law (attacking someone, or a guard, casting a harmful spell on someone, or a guard, or casting fields anywhere in town, ect) then the guard comes after them. And make the guards unstoppable, so people will think twice before they do something stupid.

I am just sick of how PKs, and other morons can run the game how they want, becuase no one can stop them.
Taun Kahartuum

Sick of this game.

Post by Taun Kahartuum »

This is exactly my opinion, thanx Ti nari

I always thought that Im the only one who thinks this way. The most of us are here to roleplay...yes evil, too (Raziel, the Orcs, perhaps Onyx etc.). But there are also some "players" who just want to KILL and nothing else (ok maybe they also want power or be emporer of the world ;-))

For those people there is needed control, like in all the other muds...ok this alpha, but as you see, bror, illarion grows and the problems are the same...so there must be the same consequences...

The internet is full of games for PK...so they can KILL but they should do it in a place made for this...
Bror

Sick of this game.

Post by Bror »

@Ti Nari:
I have often searched for people helping in specific areas of Illarion. Most postings were at the end, when I requested help for something.
If I have found someone willing to help, this story continues mostly after the following scheme:
1. give away some work
2. hope that the work is done
3. haven't heard 6 month of the person
4. asked for some results
5. received the answer "oh, sorry, I stopped working on it"
6. searched for a new person
7. continued by 1.

There are of course some people who did very much for Illarion, but also a lot, who follow the above path. This kind of behaviour sucks away my motivation to do something and slows down the whole game process. After all, this is a free game, and I can't influence the development speed by command like in a professional project.

I will post something bout the PK/Roleplaying/Behavior/GM thing later today.
Kjallha

Sick of this game.

Post by Kjallha »

Bror

If you need people to help, perhaps select the more well known characters to ask. Most I know who are known are good roleplayers, also seek some order and are willing to help. I'd love to help if able.

Anything for my new home,
with my new mate.
Sir Draken

Sick of this game.

Post by Sir Draken »

I (minsc) am trusted by many, i'd be happy to help because in all the other games i played (tibia) I tried and tried to become a gm but i was not powerful enough...
I'd Love to be a gm :)
martin

Sick of this game.

Post by martin »

hi

i just wanted to mention that i did NOT stop working for illarion ;)

but i am currently VERY busy with my studies, since i forgot an important date, so i had to learn so hard that i didn't even had dinner for the last days.
from next week on i will start working on new graphics again and give some good tips on current topics ;)

hope to see ya soon!

martin
Eleanor Rigby

Sick of this game.

Post by Eleanor Rigby »

[deleted]

(Edited by Eleanor Rigby at 1:14 pm on May 11, 2001)
Sirius

Sick of this game.

Post by Sirius »

If i can help   only ask me    i like it to help
i´m often online and after work i have a lot of time    only if one special person is online i havnt a lot of time   but a few know they can disturb me .  

Sir Sirius   The Healer
Captain Kirk

Sick of this game.

Post by Captain Kirk »

Hallo

sirius noch da ???

Bye
Read ya
MfG

Capt. Kirk
rain

Sick of this game.

Post by rain »

bror i dont know much about ur system but i am willing to learn and do anything that i can i am currently trying to get my mother to by me my own computer so that she doesnt have to complain that i am on the family but me and  her are the only ones on since i have heard of illarion i have almost everyday except the 2 days i was out of state and with no computer and when a friends gramother died i was not on but i have been on everyday atleast 2 hours a day or more i would like to help with the system with whatever i can i know that Raziel and Hellknightas would probably help to i can talk to them today in school and see if they would help all 3 of us could work together we dont like but 3 miles away and i am moving back beside them like 2 blocks or less in like a month so we all could work on it but i will see if they would like to help u out to keep the game goine

And another thing if u are complaining about pk's well what i say is u get someone to take care of them like the empire there are guards there that can help u. Talk to anyone that is in the empire and they will help u they dont like pking for no resone now if u pk and we kill u and then bring u back to life and then kill u ect.... well that is just ur  problem so how does it feel and if u are getting killed it might be by them 2 lizards but i know that it is not Graf, hellknight, Saruman, Tazz jr they are all good and phyco clown is good dont know the names of the pking lizards but the empire will take them down
Damien

Sick of this game.

Post by Damien »

There are several persons who want to be able to do something against PKs. But can't do that much. And it's not good to kill PKs down to newbie level too ( if they don't do such to others ).
We need a roleplay like prison.