Announcement: Protectorate

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Town Guard

Announcement: Protectorate

Post by Town Guard »

((deutsche Übersetzung unten))

Dear People of Trolls Bane,

In the interest of protecting the people and city of Trolls Bane a new government is being forged. Trolls Bane's financial and defense needs will be seen to by this government, while allowing a great amount of self-rule and liberty to the people who stay in or travel through Trolls Bane.

The Protectorate of Trolls Bane will consist of a council. The council will consist of a single delegate each from a particular guild. A guild becomes eligible to be represented in the following way:
  • It has (at least) six active members. Among those six, there are no banned criminals, nor citizens of another sovereign region. These six may also not be within another guild already represented on the council - even if they are not among the six active members initially registered. Furthermore they will be registered as citizen of Trolls Bane.
  • It registers itself with the Protectorate.
  • It provides a representative from among those six active members.
  • It pays a monthly fee of 200 coppers.
If at any time a guild becomes ineligible (the above information is no longer true) they are dismissed from the council and their votes will be removed from any current pending issues.

Delegates are also allowed to put votes on the agenda. Issues to be voted on will be posted up on the protectorate board. ((url is yet to be notified)). Delegates will have five days to vote on an issue or else their vote is forfeit.

In the position of the Protector of Trolls Bane I am in charge for organizing the meetings, starting the elections, announcing the changes and adding or removing guilds from the protectorate due to the requirements.

Bailey Thunnigan
Protector of Trolls Bane
Captain of the Town Guard

Errian Abêth
Vice-Captain of the Town Guard
Delegate of the Town Guard

Werte Bürger von Trolls Bane!

Im Interesse des Schutzes der Leute und der Stadt Trolls Bane wird eine neue Regierung geformt. Diese Regierung erlaubt ein großes Maß an Selbstverwaltung und Freiheit für jeden sich in Trolls Bane aufhält oder auf Durchreise ist.

Das Protektorat von Trolls Bane bestehst aus einem Rat. Jener Rat wird von einzelnen Abgesandten aus verschiedenen Guilden geformt. Eine Guilde muss folgende Anforderungen entsprechen um teilnahmeberechtigt zu sein:
  • Die Guilde muss (mindestens) sechs aktive Mitglieder haben. Bei diesen sechs Mitgliedern darf es sich um keine verbannten Kriminelle oder Bürger anderer Regionen handeln. Diese sechs Mitglieder dürfen in keiner anderen Guilde sein welche bereits im Rat vertreten ist - selbst wenn sie nicht unter den sechs Mitgliedern sind mit welcher die Gilde registriert wurde. Ebenso werden diese Mitglieder als Bürger von Trolls Bane eingetragen.
  • Die Guilde registriert sich beim Protektorat
  • Die Guilde stellt einen der sechs aktiven Mitglieder als Abgesandten zur Verfügung
  • Die Guilde bezahlt eine monatliche Gebühr von 200 Kupferstücke

Sobald eine Guilde nicht mehr teilnahmeberechtigt ist (den oben angegeben Anforderungen nicht mehr entspricht) wird sie aus dem Rat ausgeschlossen und ihre Stimme wird von den aktuellen Wahlen entfernt.

Abgesandte dürfen natürlich ebenso Themen vorschlagen über welche abgestimmt werden sollte. Die Punkte über welche abgestimmt wird, werden am Protektoratsbrett ((URL wird noch bekannt gegeben)) angeschlagen. Die Abgesandten haben 5 Tage Zeit um ihre Stimme abzugeben, andererseits haben sie ihr Stimmrecht an jener Wahl verloren.

In der Position als Protektor von Trolls Bane ist es meine Aufgabe die Treffen zu organisieren, Wahlen einzuleiten, Veränderungen anzukündigen, und Guilden dem Protektorat hinzuzufügen oder zu entfernen (gemäß der Anforderungen).

Für die Stadt, die Götter und die Kameraden,

Bailey Thunnigan
Protektor von Trolls Bane
Hauptmann der Stadtwache

Errian Abêth
Vize-Hauptmann der Stadtwache
Abgesandter der Sadtwache
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

What makes you think this government will last where all others have fallen?

~anonymous~
Bailey Thunnigan

Post by Bailey Thunnigan »

That I organize it.

Bailey Thunnigan
Protector of Trolls Bane
Pharun Mizzrym

Post by Pharun Mizzrym »

I'am forever Loyal to Lady Bailey and I have the utmost faith in her decisions ..and I applaud her for this new attempt at the betterment of Trolls bane.
-Pharun Mizzrym-
-Recruit of Town Guard-
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

It is another Lyrenzia Foundation. I certainly hope that the powers that be will conduct themselves differently this time around.

Cain Freemont
Namegam
Location: Where the sands meet the oceanwaves and grain billows in the wind next to a flickering campfire.

Post by Namegam »

I am truly interested in seeing the evolution and further development of this. If any assistance is needed and I may be seen as worthy provider of such assistance, please do not hesistate to ask. Until then, I am a humble craftsman and wanderer. It has been a pleasure for me to meet some of the kind citizens of Trolls Bane.

Cordially,
Relléud Nedrág
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

To Cain:

I do not know the state of character of the persons involved, but I doubt it will end up much better than the dismal failure that was the dictatorship/anarchy Lyrenzia.

~Anonymous~
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

Wow, such arrogance, Bailey. You think you are a goddess now to the city of Troll's Bane, that everything you say will work out? That everything you do is good? I think I doubt this.

aNonymus
Allura
Location: Bending my mind to crawl through perversions and riddles.

Post by Allura »

To the one who dares to comment on any arrogance on Bailey Thunnigan's behalf. You truly do not know this woman. She has a drive and a commitment very unique to her. She makes mistakes, as do we all, and she did never say that she was without fault. However, if one were to make such a system work for the good of the town and it's people, I have all confidence that Bailey is the woman to do it.

~Allura Avery~
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

*Previosu messages are seen copied word for word as previously seen.*

paul laffing wrote:What makes you think this government will last where all others have fallen?

~anonymous~
Bailey Thunnigan wrote:That I organize it.

Bailey Thunnigan
Protector of Trolls Bane
Her only response to the question is that she is organizing it. How is that not arrogance? She says that her government is better than all previous ones because its hers. Not that its the best for the people, as they have no say unless they join one of the guilds in the protectorate, which Bailey can remove at will.

I don't care about her drive. She is showing it as being power hungry. I am glad to never be a part of Troll's Bane.

aNonymus
Bailey Thunnigan

Maybe I've simply grown tired by anonymous notes. By people who are not enough to stand for their opinions. Why should I care to give a serious answer to someone who does not care to write a name underneath.

Bailey Thunnigan
Protector of Trolls Bane
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

Perhaps with your sudden and not so righteous rise to power, we prefer not to risk our lives to inform others of views other than yours?

aNonymus
Bailey Thunnigan

So if I would be so powerhungry as you claim, I wonder why I introduced a new government instead of just keep ruling Trolls Bane myself.

Furthermore with organizing the protectorate there are no advantages for the Town Guard. They have one delegate and one vote, much as every guilds will have that joins. Every topic to vote about, every changes are not a decision of myself, but of the protectorate.

I hope this information was helpful to clear up any upcoming misunderstoods.

Bailey Thunnigan
Protector of Trolls Bane
Captain of Town Guard
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

In the position of the Protector of Trolls Bane I am in charge for organizing the meetings, starting the elections, announcing the changes and adding or removing guilds from the protectorate due to the requirements.
I believe you have stated here that you basically are still in charge of Troll's Bane.

Nedekodo
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Of course, Bailey starting a government that she can easily manipulate at will, which gives morons the illusion that she's giving them a say. Ha! And I won't sign my name so that i cannot become the victim of one of your thugs.

~Anonymous
Bailey Thunnigan

Instead of moaning about something you do not have a clue of, you may as well get up from your behind and join a guild to be a part of the protectorate.

Then, when you actually have clue about what you are telling - and when you actually can back up your words - you can complain again if you still feel like it.

But it's of course easier and more comfortable to cry about everything that happens and just not get up and form your fate yourself.

Bailey Thunnigan
Namegam
Location: Where the sands meet the oceanwaves and grain billows in the wind next to a flickering campfire.

Post by Namegam »

I believe unless people have better ideas to offer they should keep their opinions to themselves. The Captain has faith and confidence in herself and I, for one, am greatly appreciative of her effort and the braverism involved in presenting this idea to the public.
She is deserving of repect even if you disagree. Being unkind in response is not necessary.

However, dear Thunnigan, I do agree with the logical complaint that this may be unequal representation for the citizens of Trolls Bane who are not a part of any guilds.

Relléud Nedrág
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Best not to speak your opinion, lest the town guard captain will smite you.

Inciter of evil happenings
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

And i would add that guilds that have more members, should have more peoples as representatives, maybe 1 representative each 5 members or something simillar. This is just a friendly suggestion, for i find that the idea is not too bad, and i will not judge it badly until i see it in work.

Post by falco1029 »

You are off to a start. But there are a few flaws. First of all, you need to have no control over the process of representatives, and nonguilded townspeople should be able to have a representative as well. Also, as stated above, guilds with more people should ahve more representatives, probably best kept to a ratio rather than a "representative per 6 people" or the like. So for instance if guild A has 20 people and guild b has 10, then guild A gets 2 reps, while guild B gets 1. Third, the representatives should have control over you. Basically, if you overstep your power, you can be voted out. THat is all

~Ules

THis handwriting is different than that of any of the anonymous writings, though one with a veyr keen eye might see some similarities
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I agree with most parts of Ules's suggestion.

Post by paul laffing »

I disagree entirely. I have seen too many governments rise up in too many cities to agree with any single one. I think it is far better to keep to the vigilante system of old. Is there any of you that are truly incapable of defending yourself? And there can be an emergency council in times of need, Gods forbid.

Do I have anything against the formers of the government? Possibly. But if it was a secure enough idea, I would not let any such qualms affect my decision about it. I just don't like the idea of someone else making decisions about me, especially when I have had no say about it.

Governments should be made up by those governed.

~anonymous~
Namegam

Post by Namegam »

I haven't been in this land long enough to know if there has even been a general expression of a need or want for government. It seems it would begin there.

From the looks of things I am inclined to think not.

Relléud Nedrág
Errian Abêth

Post by Errian Abêth »

Perhaps with your sudden and not so righteous rise to power, we prefer not to risk our lives to inform others of views other than yours?
You imply others not to be intelligent enough to have their own point of views, that is interesting.

What I think is that the others, as you call them, do not need your humble point of view. They have their own.
What I think is that the others, as you call them, are not even interested in your humble point of view. They have their own.

If you, anonymous writer, would take a few minutes of thinking before taking the feather and writing, you would maybe see that it is not too intelligent to be against everything on principle. There is not only black and white. There are many opinions in a group and I think this system may give many a voice.

signed,
Errian Abêth
Llama

Post by Llama »

Miss Bailey

It is a great idea, however there are problems.

1) You are giving priority to those who can pay. All poor guilds will never have a say.

2) The rights of the minority aren't being taken care of. If for example there is another attack on lizards like recently; who will fight for our rights?

This is all I can think of

May Mother Bless you

Brother Selisidour
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

I thought of, not an alternative, but a condition that may be acceptable. Perhaps there could be an Anti-Protectorate Guild that could also be represented within the group so that even the opposition gets a decision. Many might find this acceptable, and it is far better to have your opposition on the inside, than on the outside, where they can weaken you.

~PL~
Zhauvalea

Post by Zhauvalea »

So many desperate fools. There was once a government where the citizens could vote directly on issues, and they just didn't bother to show up. Now they complain that they aren't represented (even as the last government represented them less).

I would consider the decisions of such a people disastrous for not one is capable of logic.

-Z
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

When your only response is, "You are an idiot," it becomes quickly apparent who is the fool.

~PL~
Zhauvalea

Post by Zhauvalea »

Would you be interested in calling me a fool to my face, dear?

-Z
Snuka

Post by Snuka »

I am happy with the proposal. If only because there it seems there is no working government in place, and any is better than none. If you Bailey Thunnigen claim to have the fortitute and strength for this responsibility than you have my support. Although my support may not mean much because I am not a citizen of Trollsbane, since I know not how to become one. My doves have gone unanswered. I have spent most of my time in Trollsbane and I consider myself a citizen unofficially. If this new system allows me to become a citizen in an official capacity then I will support it.

Jeusalenko, the Carpenter.