Champion of the Island !

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Garett Gwenour

Champion of the Island !

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Written is fine crimson colored ink and with experienced and a smooth hand motion is written below...

Fine and esteemed warriors of Gobiath herein brings the first official fighting tournament. It will be held at the fighting Arena in 9 weeks ((2nd of April at 8 pm GMT + 1)). This will give you all plenty of time to contact me and sign yourself up. The cut off day to sign up for the fighting tournament will be ((March 29th)). This is so I can calculate the entry fee totals and then balance what the winners will get.

The entry costs will be 150 copper coins for every single individual tournament a warrior wants to sign up for. There will be three tournaments in all so that is 450 copper coins for a warrior if they want to fight in every tournament to prove truely they are the Champion of the Island.

The individual tournaments are Blades, (Any sword or blade you want to use); Blunted, (Battle staffs, maces or warhammers); And Free for All, (Any weapon you want to use that you feel will make you win). Each winner of each tournament will be named Champion of that fighting style, however the warrior that wins the Free for All shall be dubbed Champion of the Island until the next tournament.

The Rules are simple:
*No Potions
*The fight does not end until you say the words, "I surrender".
*There is to be no changing helms or gloves in mid fight. Anysuch action will be cheating and the warrior who does this will be disqualified.

Warriors of all races, creeds, history and guilds are allowed to join and pay the same entry fee. Sign up here and test yourself and bring glory to your name.

Champion of the Island !

Stephen Rothman
First Knight of Kallahorn

Blades:
Gabon Corad
Arameh
"V"*
Gorge*

Concussion:
Georgius Egillirek*
Arameh
Crunk*
Gra'able*
Alica Rothman
Retlak*
William Greye*

Free for All:
Arameh
Gabon
Georgius*
"V"*
Gorge*
Gra'able*

Last edited by Garett Gwenour on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:15 am, edited 8 times in total.
Kamik Windslasher ~

Post by Kamik Windslasher ~ »

It had been some time. And now... Troll's Bane.

Again.

But as the blue haired man entered through the town gates he felt in the air the city had changed. It didn't welcome him as it did before - as home. Kamik Windslasher was a stranger.

Again.

As walking by the streets, tired under the weight of his new - yet, more heavier - armor, Kamik heard many familiar voices and saw many familiar faces. Without having removed his helmet, he continued, walking, like a statue carved in metal and animated by a mage. Like an armored golem.
He was tired, hungry, thirsty. The journey had been long. But it was necessary. He needed to get to that beach and bring what had in abundance there. Sand.
That was the same beach where, without the need of words, he and his wife declared their love.
He wanted to give her that sand. He was thinking it would bring her hope. The hope she lost along with their child.
Kamik had thought then that he would never be able to continue; that life would be impossible after what had happened. But, somewhow, inside of him, in that strenght he learnt to always find inside his heart and what truely made him a warrior - that - gave him hope. That power, alone, made him keep his faith in life.

Again.

The wet pouch with the sand was tied to his belt. Before looking for Devrah, he decided to stop by the Town Announcements Board and have a look at the news.
The pair of deep blue eyes didn't blink when he read about the tournment. For a second, he thought about all those things around the way of the blade. For a second, he thought about all his trainning. For a second, he thought that could bring, once again, glory to the Windslasher family name.

But only for a second.

Kamik shaked his head, slowly, due to the heavy full helmet. He stretched slightly, the double axe set to the back of his armor balanced as he did, as well as the leather cape covering his entire left arm.

"No", he thought. The were tournments before, the will be tournments after. There will always be someone stronger than someone. And, right now, Kamik wasn't interested in being the stronger or the weaker.
He turned and looked around for a special familiar face, for a certain pleasant smell, for a certain red hair. He touched the pouch in his belt only to check if it was still tied tight, even though he knew it was. It was important.
He blinked.
Because, right now, Kamik was only interested in finding his wife. And teach her something. If he would had success in that, he would know he had won the greatest of the tournments. Kamik was to teach Devrah what the meaning of hope was.

Again...
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

The Betting Tables are open.

My bank is the official betting site for this contest. As soon as more contestants apply, rules and limits will be posted.

~Brer~
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

Stephen, I will join under blade and free for all. I will get yoo da monies when i can.

Alsos, is der any armor requirements or we uses whot eva armor we wonts?

Gabon
Leader of Varshikars Milita
GorgeBloodstench

Post by GorgeBloodstench »

Gorge will fight in dis.

GORGE

(( I dont think you should say infinite helms or gloves... when fighting you dont have time to get a helmet or gloves out of your bag and equip them.... ))
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

((That rule is changed as well as the day!))

((Edit Mod: you both could just say the same ingame instead of using ooc or using PMs))
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

I will fight in blunted and free for all.

Georgius Egillrek
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I will fight in every categorys.

Post by Ereaes »

I will fight in blades and free for all.
You shall know me when you see me.
-V-
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Very well I shall add to the original post the seperate Tiers and those warriors who fight in them.

Stephen Rothman
First Knight of Kallahorn
Karguk Inkathurg

Post by Karguk Inkathurg »

I will most likely fight in Free for All.

Karguk Inkathurg
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

Meh fight in Free-For-All and Concussion.

Gra.
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

Meh join for concussion.

Crunk
Calilmal

Post by Calilmal »

I want to participate in Concussion.

Alica Rothman
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I wants to kick butt in Concussion.

Retlak
Siegfried Schtauffen
Location: Fending off noobxorxz for 100th top poster position.

Post by Siegfried Schtauffen »

I wish to join the concussion rounds, if you will.

Signed with respect,
Sir William Greye
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I have updated the list, if I have missed you please write here. Also, people with a * next to their name are those who have no paid the entry fee. If you do not pay there is no prize for the winners and no tournament ! So seek me out and pay the fee !

It is not to late to sign up ! There is still time to train but that time is running out ! Good luck all of you!

Stephen Rothman
Duke of Kallahorn
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Those who still want to fight may sign up, and money must still be collected by many of you !

Stephen Rothman
Duke of Kallahorn
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I will be gone for a few days, but will be back for the tournament. You may pay the entry fee at that time as I am sure many warriors will. The tournament is still on for it's original time and I hope many people come to watch!

Stephen Rothman
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

Da tourniment post ter beh in 15 minutes..All partisipants need beh der.

Gabon
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

The fighting tournament was exciting and what an upset the free for all championship was!
Winner of Bladed : Gabon Corad (beating Revlen)
Winner of Concussion : Crunk (beating Retlak and Georgius)
Winner of Free for All : Revlen ( Beating Retlak and Gabon )

Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all the warriors whom showed up. You all did a great job and everyone enjoyed the outcomes and everyone saw how much you all wanted victory.
Til the next Champion of the Island !

Stephen Rothman