A proposal to you the citizens of trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ezor Edwickton

A proposal to you the citizens of trollsbane

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

Because of obvious reasons, i think it is time the citizens of trollsbane need to rethink the way they are governed. An overseer was only ever needed because most citizens didn't want the responsibity, or cared about what happend to the town. I have always, and still do, want what is best for trollsbane, a city which i have grown found of. Firstly we need to decide how we like to be governed. Would you like to have an Overseer make the dicisions of the town, or would you like a new system of government brought in. It should not be for me to decide, but for us to decide. Trollsbane is more than just eliza's shop, the fluffy sheep tavern, a workshop, and many other buildings, protected by a wall. Trollsbane is a people, a culture, and a way of life. Those people have a right to decide the fate of there town.

Since i am currently still the Overseer of Trollsbane, i turn the floor over to you, the people. What do you want? I ask specifically for the imput of citizens, or those who would in other circumstances consider themselves to be. The purpose of this is for a progresive descusion, there are plenty of other places for you to write your slander.

I. We can continue running things the way they are now. The restructuring of the gaurd would have to happen. I will sit in as the overseer, make the decisions as best i can with the imput you give me (which in the past has been bare minimum, bar a few of you). I would ask that some of you step up to help with certian aspects of the job, Captian of the guard, advisors, and such. This would require you to make yourself heard, in the past people have been silent, only voicing your opinion when you are unhappy, never offering a solution. If you do not wish to help out with the solutions you shouldn't be complaining about the problems.

II. Or the second solution, we do away with the old system and start over with a clean slate, and a new system of government. A system that would be run not by one, person or even a small group of people, but by all who wish to help. But this system would require even more imput than has been givin in the past. It would require all of us to come together and decide exactly how we want to run things. After all the trollsbane is the peoples town, and should be run by the people. This system would require constant imput, lest we fall back into our current system. If this is what you chose, i would ask that any who wish to help establish or have their voices heard would come together help mould their future.

This is a pivital time for Trollsbane, whichever dicision we make now must be followed through with to the end. When you write please include your name and which system you would have for our town. Of course you may add any comment of questions, but i ask that you keep it productive, and shot if posible. Thank you.

In yourservice,
Derek Corydon
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Read my original election proposal....

~Ules
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

III. A system wherein people choose to govern themselves.

IV. A system wherein smaller groups of people come together for specific ideals and run each area of expertise (i.e. guilds, clans, etc.).

Just thought I would suggest a couple more ideas, since you seem to be under the impression that the people should have the choice in the matter.

Cain Freemont
Siegfried Schtauffen
Location: Fending off noobxorxz for 100th top poster position.

Post by Siegfried Schtauffen »

I would take the 1st one, execept that we redo our officials.
Number two, gives the people TOO much power.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

The people are the ones who live here. Why should we not have the power to control what goes on?

Cain
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

V. Give up and start a new town
Siegfried Schtauffen

Pocal wrote:V. Give up and start a new town
Agreed.

@Cain: The town will be a hellhole if people made their own laws without others governing them, we are all of different races, and different ideas, too much contreversy on what is right and wrong.

Signed,
Sir William Greye
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

And yet, Troll's Bane was perfectly fine before Lyrenzia, the Triumvirate, and any of these governments. The clans and guilds were those who had power and people gathered to the ones that fit their own ideals. The town is not the hellhole. The government is.

Cain Freemont
Siegfried Schtauffen

The goverment that was was a hellhole. We can re-elect new people that are fit for helping this town. That vote is the people's, so we can't blame it on the goverment anymore. We'll choose them this time.

Signed,
Sir William Greye.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Those in the Triumvirate were elected. That system failed miserably.

Cain
Zhauvalea

Post by Zhauvalea »

I gave you my input a long time ago, Derek. You, me, and two blades outside of town.

-Z
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

Why does humans have problems?
The eldership of Tol Vanima is a good system an hasnt problems?

I think, that the problem is, that too many people want the power over the town and arent able to accept a person over them.

Its sad
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

Cain Freemont i believe both your proposals would fall under the second category. For the second category is for a system that has yet to be created. If it is what the majority decide for in the end then much plaining and discussing will have to go into in what way this new system will work best.
To the unsighned writer, if the people decide they want the power, and all the responsibility that goes with it, why should it not be granted to them? After all it is there town.
Zhauvalea thankyou for your 'imput' but i believe you need to read my origional document before posted under it.

Derek Corydon
Sidney Varguea

Post by Sidney Varguea »

The way the single sentence of the message is written suggests the person holding the pen had big hands or was wearing a huge glove. All over the paper there are water drops and claws mark. The handwritting gives the impression to have not been written by human hands or, at least, a person that knows well the common language.

0 - Hang the captain of the guard.
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

Dear Citizens of the town!

May I bring some facts into remebering. From my point of view, people should know from where they come to plan where they want to go.
Therefore I give you a small historical input about all the goverments in TB in the last decades.

- In the first was no sort of government. Only the law of the stronger. No written down laws, no controll, nothing (the time, where TB was the only town on Gobaith). People in this time gathered together to different guilds (the oldest in this time Grey Light, Shadowen Empire, Grey Rose, Amazones, Rangers and some more). Some of the guilds fight for justice in the streets, but not as a unit.

- Than, there was a first try of a reign by guilds, initiated by Sean-San. But the time wasn't ready for a government of different guilds and the try failed.

- The next one was Lyrenzia. Five big guilds (others joining later until eight guilds) united under the name of Lyrenzia. They made up laws (exactly, they wrote down the laws and defined them more precisly, which were on use in the streets), build the town wall, made a court system, introduced elections, established the SMACC.
Lyrenzia failed after a long time, because different guilds became other interests, build their own towns, or vanished into other countries. The last remaining guilds where the Grey Rose, the Grey Light and Silverbrand. Those decided, that the idea didn't work any more and decided to leave Lyrenzia system, too.

- The next step was, to keep the law up and to become no instable situation in TB, that the town guard was found through the Grey Rose as a police force. But the town guard under Hagen became like a rulership of the town (perhaps also a kind of tyranic rulership). This system failed with the leave of Hagen.

- The next step was the Triumvirat. The captain of the guard, Lennier from the Grey Rose and one by the citizen elected person. this system failed, because the citizen of the town don't participate in this system.

- After it, Pendar as captain took the job as overseer of TB in his own hands. And the rest, I hope, is known by most of the people.

So to sum up, there was the state of anarchy, the state of a guild reign, the state of a tyrannic reign, the state of important people reign and the state of single person kingwise reign and also in different of these systems the try to use elections as participation of the citizens.

I hope, this historical input gives you a help in your decisions.

Aragon ben Galwan
Grandmaster of the Grey Rose
Priest of Malachin
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

I say instead of the many many notes scribbled upon this board, we should try to find a solution in a meeting held at a time convenient for most citizens.

Faladron
Siegfried Schtauffen

Agreed, Derek, set up a time when we could all come together.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Thariel Feuersturm wrote:Why does humans have problems?

I think, that the problem is, that too many people want the power over the town and arent able to accept a person over them.

Its sad
Not entirely true. The elder system is highly complicated, and as such is prone to inactivity and problems.

~MM~
Caeldrian

Post by Caeldrian »

Thariel Feuersturm wrote:Why does humans have problems?

The humans have problems, because they give into the most basic of urges. Jealously, greed and corruption flows through their veins. It is and has always been the human way.

~Caeldrian~
Urilen Quanasuard

Post by Urilen Quanasuard »

Pocal wrote:V. Give up and start a new town

Also agreed.

-Uri
Athian

Post by Athian »

i'd watch how you speak about your fellow islanders. mind likes yours who are stuck in beliefs that such basic descriptions can describe a unqiue and vast race as any is doomed to end you up in troubles. No race is perfect and all have there flaws but the issue of race has nothing to do with the topic at hand so please save your commentary for another time and a more proper place. the current topic happens to be about the policy for the Governing body of Trollsbane. if it concenrs you and you have a vaild veiw to add feel free to do so, if not then save everyone time and cease writing your alluded thoughts to racial standards

Athian Corulas
Steward of Varshikar
Caeldrian

Post by Caeldrian »

It seems i have hit a nerve. It seems to me that a small group of people, seem to insist that trollsbane needs leadership. Perhaps, citizens should look at other options.

~Caeldrian~
Siegfried Schtauffen

If we don't have leaderships, orcs and humans and all kind of the sort will be running around decapatating others.

Signed,
Sir William Greye
Caeldrian

Post by Caeldrian »

It seems they do that regardless of a leadership or not.

~Caeldrian~
Athian

Post by Athian »

see now your back on topic my friend. and no you didn't hit a nerve, your ignorance did.

simple fact is that the larger the populus the harder it is to maintain a government that is veiwed as fair and just in the eyes of all. but to the fact you can't please everyone. someone will always have a problem with something or other. establishing a government or at least a system that provides safty is still the way to go. but any government to stay intact without being tyrannical must shift with the majority and try to soften the blow for the minority against them.

Athian Corulas
Siegfried Schtauffen

Caeldrian wrote:It seems they do that regardless of a leadership or not.

~Caeldrian~
Don't you think your overexagerating a bit?
I admit Derek is not a perfect politician.
But the guard does enforce that no one kills inside town walls.

Signed,
Sir William Greye
Caeldrian

Post by Caeldrian »

Does it not seem unfair to you, that humans are always telling those how they are supposed to live? It seems they are incapable of letting others lie their own lives how they wish to. It seems most do not seem to want another government. Perhaps they should be listened to. And 'Athian' my 'ignorance' as you put it, would not have hit a nerve unless there was a grain of truth within my words.

~Caeldrian~
Siegfried Schtauffen

Some seem to be wanting a new city.
And I agree.

Signed,
Sir William Greye
Athian

Post by Athian »

human affairs are human affairs, but Trollsbane is not a town dictated to one race like Vanima or Silverbrand, theres more to this issue then humans this and humans that. again your missing the topic and going back to your old type casting method. and again its not whats needed here.

Athian
Siegfried Schtauffen

Athian is correct, you can't always blame humans.
Troll's Bane is not only run by the race of humans.
But of every race possible.

Signed,
Sir William Greye