Orcs "Role Play"

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gort Greegog

Orcs "Role Play"

Post by Gort Greegog »

I realize there was or is dispute of some orcs "Role Play" The orcs we play are very diffrent from the orcs on moonsilver or in the library.

If you asked us to follow those descriptions now we would have to change our intire way of role playing the orcs change their thoughts change their religion and more. That can't be done at all for orcs that have been around for a year or so and some have been around longer.

I think new orcs are more influenced by the orcs they see in game rather then some discription on a site witch they may or may not have read.

It isent like we can follow that discription very well anyway
An orc tribe territory normally has several caves
enough problem trying to make the ONE we have bigger.

And to put it over the top ill quote a few more sentances from the library

The MOST orc tribes honor different gods.
The MOST orc tribes are quite poor
The MOST greater orc tribes are split into sub-tribes with a kind of sub-chiefs.
Well I love the word most I think the rest of the discription fits us exept the diffrent cave thing but that cannot be helped currently.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I am sure that the moonsilver makers will change the orc description to suit the orcs ingame. As it would not make sense to say orcs are one way when in actuality they are not at all this way.
Kamik Windslasher ~

Post by Kamik Windslasher ~ »

Well, if they had read the moonsilver stuff first, none of this would happen. This been said, I don't think moonsilver should change the background around orcs.
Some people, some that doesn't even play orcs (like me), enjoy the vision of an orc more like a tribal race, like indigenous, with their own cultures, battle honors and the likes. Instead of the actual very-dumb-and-strong-orc.
Sometimes it seems the POs are putting more effort on the way the orcs speaks and all those weird words than on their RP.

I miss the original bloodskulls.
Necrontyr_arising
Location: The Last Samurai is a brilliant film...."I knew a bob once, god he was as ugly as a mule"

Post by Necrontyr_arising »

i like the way the orcs roleplay because if it wasn't for them them the game would be full of boring humans and elves who all want to be heros and get noticed. The orcs however, create a different atmosphere when they are in the cave and when they go to trolls bane ect, it changes the games RP when they arrive because normally lots of people are scared of them.

I think they should use moonsilver as a GUIDE only, not a strict way to live because that would make them more like the other races and would make the game boring.
Kamik Windslasher ~

Post by Kamik Windslasher ~ »

I don't think they would be boring at all the way they're descripted on moonsilver. Do you? Eeep, now what, what's right and what's wrong?
And, if you think orcs are the only villains IG, perhaps making a char of another race could prove ir wrong. Socialize with others races, mate, they are not as boring as you think. :wink:
Necrontyr_arising
Location: The Last Samurai is a brilliant film...."I knew a bob once, god he was as ugly as a mule"

i have different chars of different races so thats why i said this :D
Damien

Post by Damien »

Moonsilver has not everything about orcs, the whole legends/religious/culture stuff is missing there and can be found on the magic academy boards.

The descriptions won't be changed. If we would change the world background after those players who are actually active for the actual time or even a few years, we could continue changing it on and on, as well as changing everything related to that background information and much more.

Anyhow i think that i might sense some little bit of irony in Garrett's words :wink:

If players would at least READ the background of the race they intend to play, they would at least know what is expected from this race to be played ingame. Not that they must follow it exactly ! Because if every orc or orc tribe would be the same, it would indeed get boring.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Necrontyr_arising wrote:i like the way the orcs roleplay because if it wasn't for them them the game would be full of boring humans and elves who all want to be heros and get noticed. The orcs however, create a different atmosphere when they are in the cave and when they go to trolls bane ect, it changes the games RP when they arrive because normally lots of people are scared of them.

I think they should use moonsilver as a GUIDE only, not a strict way to live because that would make them more like the other races and would make the game boring.
The fact is, if you do them like Moonsilver, they will NOT look like the other races whatsoever. We (Mitch, me, Jen, Darren, (was there another??)) tried roleplaying the orcs the way depicted on Moonsilver now, and it worked out quite well! It was a fun thing to do, and it was more orcish, than the way they are played out now (say LOTR everyone?!).
Necrontyr_arising

i know you think they are all RPed like LOTR but I just read the halfling moonsilver race description and they perfectly describe tolkiens hobbits.
Damien

Post by Damien »

LOL, read the others too then.
Yes, halflings and elves are kept quite tolkinish, although some details are totally different.
Orcs however, are absolutely non-tolkienish. If you read the details about orcish religion related stuff, you will even find out that there are diferent groups of orcs, giving more than one or two ways to play an orc in illarion.
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

Well first off talking like an ingame orc isent hard once your used to it and takes no effort for a active of infact I find myself typing words wrong all the time on other chars..

Don't forget the orcs in the shadowhorde do have shawmans and don't just think kill. Most orcs are accually rather smart but they don't need to talk like a normal person to be smart.

I think the reason orcs get into alot of trouble is because
If a human insults an orc, the orc would normally not immediately grab his sword, he would reply with a short, suiting answer, making a sport of making the other one look stupid. But since the orcish humor appears a little rough compared to a human's, it needs much training for a human to really provoke an orc ( if he does not start to insult the orc's tribe or race ). In the most cases, it's the human who attacks first.
Now most orcs in the Shadow Horde wouldent just attack because of a single insult or remark, but think obout the line "if he does not start to insult the orc's tribe or race" then think about a dwarves normal insult to an orc. Lots of fights have arose because of insults to an orcs race by dwarves.need not reminde you all of the almost war in the desert....)

To the PO of Kamik:

Some orcs that are in the Shadow Horde were in the Bloodskulls I'll be shur to make shur they know you miss them.:P

Maby if race wasent a popular insult to use then fights would happen less.(please think if someone insulted your intire race in Real Life, then think of it in game. That is one of the highest insults you can possibly say and people in game use it commonly.)
Tanis half e

Post by Tanis half e »

Yes i think that it's better how we are now