speed

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Poots

speed

Post by Poots »

I was just wondering if gms or someone could make it so that everyones speed is a little differant. because I put alot of points on agilty and I go as fast as anyone else unless they're weighed down, or have no agilty points at all. this makes those chases go on forever too. you just keeep running and running and running until someone hits a tree. if not it's ok, I was just wondering if it's possible
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

Unless I'm absolutely terribly mistaken, agility already does count. There are some characters that are faster than others, over a variety of terrain. I have a character that moves very slowly over forest terrain, while another of the same race moves at a much faster speed over the same land-type.
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

speed counts. agility has great influence, buuuut! high agility helps less if your connection is bad and you have a lag
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Japheth wrote:Unless I'm absolutely terribly mistaken, agility already does count. There are some characters that are faster than others, over a variety of terrain. I have a character that moves very slowly over forest terrain, while another of the same race moves at a much faster speed over the same land-type.
Confirmed. Misjilah is like a slug on forest terrain. *sighs and keeps his up key pressed to move 3 friggin' tiles *gg* *
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

If agility is already counting then it doesnt count a lot,my agility is 10 and i can easily outrun someone with an agility of 18,maybe because of my good connection but still.Personally,i would propose to make a running skill,that our character can either walk,most of the time,or run,and running would work as any other skill and the character would run slower when it says"unable to concentrate".It would be a skill depending on our agility,a raisable skill and also affected by the weight of what we carry and the curretn armor we wear.That way it woulnt be that easy to flee from someone,now you just push the arrow key and no one ever gonna catch you.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Arameh_ wrote:If agility is already counting then it doesnt count a lot,my agility is 10 and i can easily outrun someone with an agility of 18,maybe because of my good connection but still.Personally,i would propose to make a running skill,that our character can either walk,most of the time,or run,and running would work as any other skill and the character would run slower when it says"unable to concentrate".It would be a skill depending on our agility,a raisable skill and also affected by the weight of what we carry and the curretn armor we wear.That way it woulnt be that easy to flee from someone,now you just push the arrow key and no one ever gonna catch you.
It is already affected by weight.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

To be honest, I dont really notice it much. Only that my char moves slightly slower over rocks etc.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

You probably have above average agility then. Misjilah's agility is rock bottom, and any tile not grass or marble or road, is going to slow her down, big time.
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Shan has 16 Agility, but just 12 strength. if she carries alot she is slower.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The problem is: The lag causes a maximum speed.

On grounds where you walk slowly (stones) you notice the effect of the agility much stronger.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

My orc has 16 agility and 16 strength. He's pretty fast compared to some of my other characters, especially since he can carry a lot without being slowed down. Please note that I have a decent internet connection.
Poots

Post by Poots »

I don't think an entire skill would work, everyone would run when they could, thus, everyones skill turns out to be the same.

So does it only come into affect on rock and other terrains?
if so, it should apply on land too, it should be on everything.

I'm not sure what my chars agility is since I lost my password to my account since I never used it, but I know I had ALOT of points on it. I remember being chased through the streets and out of the city, it was just holding the up key down......forever. they didn't chatch me and I didn't lose them. which lead to the first time I logged out illegaly :oops: ....but what did you expect? just keep running? forever? I tried to hide too but that dumb f12 thing ruines it. so basicaly chases lead no where until someone gives up, how hard can it be to apply it to land and every other type of terrain?

sorry, don't mean to complain, just wondering if it's possible
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I agree,we need something to be able to chase peoples
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

I lost my password to my account
the password to your account is the same with which you logg into the game <_<
Poots

Post by Poots »

somethings not right then, I'll post it in the account board
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

As Nitram already said, unfortunatly your very own internet connection also influences your characters speed and not only your characters attributes.
While holding the arrow keys down your client sends "move-packages" to the sever who processes these.
If you have a slow connection you only send a few of them, maybe not enough to fully use your characters maxium speed.

Your character could be faster, but for him (actualy the server) its like:
"Move", "Wait", "Move", "Wait", ect.

And not like:
"Move Move Move Move!!!"

By the way, I am against a skill that sets your speed, not only may it be useless for a whole bunch of players (because of slow connections) but it would also introduce a complete new element into the game, that I would hate:
Powerwalking ;)
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Or hitting the skill cap because you took a healthy walk!

"Oh, I walked down the street and I'm too tired to learn..."
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

hm?the skill i suggested would be only of you RUN,peoples could walk or run.But its true that everyone would run to get the skill...
Poots

Post by Poots »

I have a fast connection, no lag a all unless it's a big game, which this is not. But like I said, I have very high attributes and fast connection, my char should be one of the fastest, yet still in a chase no one wins. I know theres speed levels on rock and such, don't really know if others go faster or slower since when I'm on rock I'm mining alone, but I rarely get chased onto rock, I was chased west....no rock. no speed.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Yeah agree...we need something to be able to chase peoples before the new client.Because when armors and all break, this will be worse because in a fight, example;You attack someone because you want to kill him, its a long fight he damage your armor, helmet and leggins and all and when he has low healt he flee and you cant catch him, so you damaged your whole thing for NOTHING cause he fled and youll never catch him,thats just 1 example.
Galim

Post by Galim »

the other one will have lost his armor too. and the fight. You are the winner. If you really want to kill him you make sure that he wont run away, or cant.

by the way, this game is not about "keeping your armor" and "being able to kill others"
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Galim wrote:t If you really want to kill him you make sure that he wont run away, or cant
And how do we do that?!i have seen Gishmel run out of the grey rose castle from the room with the depot,10 persons trying to kill him,he fled without a scratch.And yes a warrior that lose lot of things just to see the other guy run away find it frustrating,and he wanted to kill the other guy and he didnt i dont count that as a win.
Galim

Post by Galim »

Gishmel fled through bad roleplay. he ignored #mes, pushed others away while they attacked him, without doing äme's himself, and ignored the attacks. Something like that should be mentioned to the gm's because it is unfair and bad roleplay.

it is not wellseen method of "running away" and could be punished by gm's
Poots

Post by Poots »

I've been called a bad rolepalyer in chases too. what do you want? your in a fight losing health badly, you decide since you health is so low, your going to run. you run to the door and someones blocking it. you take the time to tpye #me pushes him?and while your typing he kills you. if you move to you left without doing anything it's pretty obvious that you've been pushed. no #me's required
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Guess what Galim? When a bunch of twinked fighters are ripping your health bar to shreds, there's no time for a #me!

Anyway, in the new client we can store a #me such as a description or a combat emote and use it quickly and easily, so it should get rid of a few excuses like that.
Galim

Post by Galim »

Guess what Galim? When a bunch of twinked fighters are ripping your health bar to shreds, there's no time for a #me!
thats the danger if you walk as a criminal into the castle and start troubles. live with it or don't do it.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

What, that someone will play the bad RPer card because you're health was dropping so fast you couldn't stop to type?
Galim

Post by Galim »

again please, this time understandable what you mean.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Alright.

This community sucks. When someone does something wrong, there's always someone else calling them a bad RPer, or a powergamer. You do this. I used to do this. You used the "he didn't #me enough" excuse.

Personally, I think it was understandable enough if you have an eye for sarcasm.
Galim

Post by Galim »

you are not good with sarcasm than.

Well, to ignore others #mes and to not do own #mes IS VERY BAD roleplay. I am sure you will see it the same way. To think that you can push other warriors, wearing heavy armor and attacking you with swords easily around to run away, is also bad roleplay.

if he is sourrounded by warriors who attack him and can't flee through use of good roleplay he should accept his defeating.

It is very easy to see that.