Yet another newbie question

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Valentinew1

Yet another newbie question

Post by Valentinew1 »

I'm starting to figure things out, but I have a question. I had read somewhere that knowledge could be gained by reading books. I've found the library, I guess, & I've clicked on "use" the bookshelf which brings up an interface with several books showing, but I can't get any farther. How do I read these books that I can see?
Avareniah

Post by Avareniah »

You need to shift+click on the book that you wish to read (from the interface that you see). This will place the book on the floor. Then you (making sure you are not standing ON the book) shift+click to read it. The numbers (counter) at the middle-bottom of your screen indicate what page you are on. Click the arrows to make the numbers go up. Then shift+click on the book at you will be reading the next page. Continue this p[rocess of upping the number and shift+clicking until the book is done.

Not all books have something to read in them.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

is the library in that first city that you start in? cause ive been in a building full of buildings but havent been able to use the bookshelf at all, how do i do it, ive tried Shift+click and right click as well
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

nevermind i figured it out
Llama

Post by Llama »

1) Knowlege is purely for the player, your character doesn't get any skills out of it, except the library research

2) The right mouse button is used to open things; such as bags or chests

3) Welcome to Illarion...
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:1) Knowlege is purely for the player, your character doesn't get any skills out of it, except the library research
This is not correct ;)
Your character gathers the knowlegde not its player. So your character gets to know more about Illarion and can act accordingly. I do not understand why everything is about skills all the time ;)
Llama

Post by Llama »

I didn't mean it that way.. i was referring to the skills,
knowledge could be gained by reading books
Gained denotes something which can be measured, .: i immagined he was referring to skills...