This is just a tad ridiculous.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Devrah Liioness

This is just a tad ridiculous.

Post by Devrah Liioness »

Saradomin_Meranwyn wrote:"I thought he was dead!"
"so did I, but I saw him, plain as I see you now!"
"Who?"
"K--"
the conversation fades as you walk by ...
Maliss wrote:In 45 minutes the ressurection of Stephen Rothman will occur at the lighthouse.
All involved may find Maliss around town from now.
Kamik Windslasher ~ wrote:He never saw the people carrying him to the shrine, he never saw the spell Maliss cast on him, he never saw the sacrifice of his brother, he never saw that dagger shining and never heard that voice again. But the wounds closed alone and the skies opened over him, through the ceiling. And Malachin welcomed his hunter and gave him a second chance.

Now really, people. Dead means dead. If I can do it, you can.
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

i didnt like this either...

and besides...he is too long dead...he should look like a zombie now O.o
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

It really depends on the situation. In my honest opinion.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

WELCOME to the wonderul world of THE AFTERLIFE! If you wish to leave, merely ask your local representitive and he or she will guide you to the nearest set of revolving doors! Enjoy!
Ellaron

Post by Ellaron »

I thought the same but lacked the courage to say.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

HA. So who wants Maj to come back?

lmafo
Josefine da Vince

Post by Josefine da Vince »

*raises her hand and bounces up and down" Me! Me!

Besides. It is a fantasy roleplay, now isn't it?
Saradomin_Meranwyn

Post by Saradomin_Meranwyn »

Exactly. 8)
PROPS to Jo.
Gwynnether

Post by Gwynnether »

Good to know that people do not only nag at my resurrection :)
Thalodos Artemetus

Post by Thalodos Artemetus »

I think it's a bit unfair to highlight indivisual cases and basically take the piss out of other players' rp.
Maliss

Post by Maliss »

Congratulations Devrah you have succeeded in coming off as smug and holier than thou. Props to you.
If you can do what successfully kill a character with no skills and play there relatives still embroiled in that characters plot? Making that death a mere extension of your on going plot for other characters.
The resurrection in question was carefully planned and discussed with GMS and serves a plot in game that the GMS felt was worthy of being played out.

I suppose you have the same knowledge of all other returning characters and as such are aware of weather it was GM sanctioned or not? You also rp with all these characters regularly so you can judge the strength of there plot and reason for returning?
And if you do who made you capable of judging such?

Dead is suppose to mean dead and that is why all dead characters should be locked or deleted. How ever I just don’t see why it falls to us players to make that call on other players. If you are bothered sufficiently report it to a GM.
This public display has simply cast as judgmental and self opinionated.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Death has no meaning anymore, sorry but true.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

It means a lot to me. :[
Kamik Windslasher ~

Post by Kamik Windslasher ~ »

Actually, I don't remember to have ever killed and ressucted Kamik.
But, that small event, which was great (Thanks again, Rinya =) ) was totally random. The lich that attacked Kamik was a random GM and the healing that followed was a request made by me - a result of the random attack. Simple as this.
But I think it's difficult to tell by only reading the forums instead of going IG, so I don't blame her by thinking the events were similar. :wink:
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

hey, if one wishes to roleplay a ressurection, and it's done well, that's perfectly fine. As long as said ressurection isnt becaus eof a miraculous super potion the character's cousin sent him for his birthday.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

falco1029 wrote:hey, if one wishes to roleplay a ressurection, and it's done well, that's perfectly fine. As long as said ressurection isnt becaus eof a miraculous super potion the character's cousin sent him for his birthday.
Air mail, nonetheless :wink:
Markous

Post by Markous »

If the GMs allow a rescurrection, it's fine. If they do not, it's fine.

If unasked, it's just stupid.
Gwynnether

Post by Gwynnether »

Quote from an anonymous player:
I believe that the 'good guys' revived more deads than all the necromancers together ever did

Hahaha ^ ^
Errian Abêth

Post by Errian Abêth »

hey, if one wishes to roleplay a ressurection, and it's done well, that's perfectly fine.
It has to be, as already said, a well planned thing. It is always a little absurd to ressurect a character. (not thinking of anyone now :roll: )

I won't judge the recent quest because I know exactly nothing about it, exceptions always exist.

It should just not be done too often and it should not be done because a player lets his character die, gets bored and decides to want it back a few weeks later...
Llama

Post by Llama »

IMHO Resurrections shouln't be done UNLESS its a big thing. Example when Misj was resurrected, it was a long story; followers collected ect...

But not, "Hello I'm *****" "Haven't seen you for a while" "Oh yes, i died and was resurrected" "oh"

COuld we keep Resurrections to herioc deaths which everyone knows about.. if the person decides to RP their revive, please CHANGE the character/personality. He died, now he's paranoid ect....
Devrah Liioness

Post by Devrah Liioness »

I'm not trying to be "smug" or "holier than thou". I'm pissed off at the resurrections because I have killed two characters I loved playing (one of these character deaths was even overshadowed by Stephen Rothman's death the same day) and both of my characters were locked out immediately after death. What angers me is that I was led to believe there can be no resurrections, but other people can do it all the time, sometimes frivolously so. All or nothing, please. None of this picking-and-choosing crap. If Stephen can come back from the dead, so can Aldriaa and Arynne. Not that I am saying I necessarily would if I could, it's just the principle.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Aldria and Arynne were the 2 best Rped characters; the reason being they died.. and stayed dead.

Could we all just KILL the character and leave him dead? But not just cos you got angry, write a whole story (loved that whole 'dia 'rynne thing)

And could we NOT resurrect any more? thanks
Maliss

Post by Maliss »

I am led to believe that stephen rothman was locked.
I do not need to justify my part in that resurrection nor Stephen his reasons for the character returning.
The ones who return with out GM permission are players who do not inform the GM's or the gms do not notice there demise.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Pardon? Lost me here.

We're not talking GMs here, we're talking RolePlay.

If he died, stay dead. Period.

Died ie > you decided to kill him off.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

AlaineMilan wrote:i didnt like this either...

and besides...he is too long dead...he should look like a zombie now O.o

Good point. Give me a second ;) :P X-D
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Pardon? Lost me here.

If he died, stay dead. Period.

Died ie > you decided to kill him off.
First, you said to "write a story". Ressurection does not denote bad roleplay or a bad story. It can have just as much meaning and "integrity" as one who stays dead.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

How cool the character is should be directly proportional to how many times they're allowed to be revived. Therefore, K still has many lives to go. :)
ShadowClad_Figure

Post by ShadowClad_Figure »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
1337. Frikkin 1337.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Pardon? Lost me here.

So you know better than the GM's and any players who have partaken in a ressurection what constitutes role-play?
Just because I dont like X or Y does not make it good or bad sooner this community realises we are not special or different as players. Simply players all playing an role-playing game that is meant to be fun for all and not a competition.
The better for all.
Brian