Sports game has been invented! - the FISH PONG game becomes

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Damien

Sports game has been invented! - the FISH PONG game becomes

Post by Damien »

Aries and me were a bit bored, so we started a game in teams with Silsil sandolan and Gerta. This game is called "Fish Pong" and developed tro be both fun and skill training.
We divided into two groups, and divided a game field with ten chests : six chests formed a "net"-line in the middle to seperate the play fields, and the four other boxes marked the outer field corners.
Every team took place in one field, and one group started the game by throwing a fish.
The game flow is divided into two rounds, a "throwing round" and a "casting round", and works as follows:
1. One group lays a fish into own field, waits until the other side gives a "ready", and starts the game by shouting "THROW". This initiates the "Throw round".
One person of the group with the fish throws the fish at one member at the other side. These persons must not touch or walk in/through the fish field. every bit of contact counts as "HIT". If the fish does not hit, it is thrown at the first group.
If someone hits an opponent, the person who touched the fish MUST shout "HIT". This causes the initiation of the "CAST"- round.
The person who has hit the opponent, or one person from the same team (can be discussed), shouts "CAST", then tries to cast a small fireball spell at one member of the group with the fish (the group who was hit). If the spell does not hit, it is no point, and the Throwing round IMMEDIATELY goes on, without break or word. If the spell HITS an opponent, a scream is heared, and the person who was hit (or a group member) shouts "POINT". That is a point for the caster's / thrower's group. Now, when a point is reached, the hit person can heal or eat (if necessary) and MUST start the new throwing round with "THROW". Then, the fish is thrown again at the opponent, and on. This can be played until a set point limit is reached. Five points is a good number to play a short, quick game. Players should not leave the game place during the game. The fish should not fall out oif it.
If a fish falls apart from the use or rots away, the next throwing round is opened with "NEW FISH" - "THROW!"

Aries and Silsil Sandolan defeated me and Gerta, the dwarf, with 5:3 points. The groups can, if not all players are casters, be divided into a casters and throwers. All persons in-field are fish/spell-targets.
The game can easily be played by two players against each others, but they must be casters both.
Mist and me tried this variation.
The small fireball spell is good for use in this game, and normally it is not legal if other spells are used. If all players are good spellcasters or at least have healing potions, it can be decided BEFORE starting the game to what spells are allowed. A maximum of two active fire/ice field spell places (one field strength!) per playing field can be allowed for hard game, or in addition one or two (weaker) poison field places.  all more would slow the game flow.
HARDCORE RULES: All spells may be allowed, and  TWO fire/ice-field-places, and in addition one or two (weak) poison fields per playfield. Died persons May be out of game, or return after a  round penalty(one, two, or three "CAST" rounds out). Attack spells MUST ONLY be casted in "cast" rounds, for the scream is the point sign.
HAVE FUN, and post GAME SCORES HERE!!!
Sskakzk'krr

Sports game has been invented!

Post by Sskakzk'krr »

Aries Vs Damien

5/2

hehehe

MD
Damien

Post by Damien »

REPLAY! REPLAY!
Aries contact me my icq No is 109346333
:)
Setherioth

Post by Setherioth »

i find the rules a bit confusing :S
Turnupto

Post by Turnupto »

Oreball rules come soon!
AndrewHorton

Post by AndrewHorton »

i tried playing fishpong but since i was to hungry and didnt have any young hobbit heads i ate the fish.. guess i lost?

hahaha
Likwid Air

Post by Likwid Air »

Ive invented a new game too, you don't need fish or chests all you need is the fire ball spell, you repeatedly cast spells at eachother other until one of you dies. The person who does not die wins.

:)
Roke

Post by Roke »

sounds fun!
Setherioth

Post by Setherioth »

uh i believe that 'game' is called "player killing". It's highly frowned upon in illarion.