Skills

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Skills

Post by Konstantin K »

How come in the first 2 weeks of the new client, people, especially dwarves were already smithing double axes and war axes, and their skills were not cut for powergaming?

How come smiths (especially dwarves) start with a skill advantage, and fighters don't? Fighters have to gain all skill from 0.
Irania

Post by Irania »

Because Illarion is dwarven-user-friendly.
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

My only answer, Konstanin K, is that they have skill in the 10s and 20s. They do not have their skill surpassing the 50s. As far as I know, just because they can craft these impressive weapons, does not mean that they are of a high quality.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

ALL craftsman regardless of race start with smithing, blacksmithing, and carpentery skill. Fighters get a chain helm, which is accually one of the better helms. Craftsman get an axe, shirt and pants.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Actually, Konstantin, despite what the Gms told you about your character being the highest skilled. There is another that surpasses you, and probably with the opening of the skeleton crypt he is far better then your character ever could have been. Yet for an odd reason he is never in trouble.
Talaena Landessi

Post by Talaena Landessi »

yeah...and they lable me powergamer when i still get my butt kicked by bandits and i get new assholes riped into me by mummies.....
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Really? How do you know, exactly? This color-code crap? What's his name? Perhaps he just wasn't reported. Would you like to be the one to report your friend?

The whole color-code thing doesn't work. Your buddy Konstantin reported to us that you have equal skills to where his were, according to your skill color-code. We checked it out and he was wrong, which makes you wrong as well.

Perhaps instead of relying on a color-code system to set training goals and compare with eachother in order to clobber eachother, you could just play the game as it is intended. Not only does the color-codes NOT work, but if we wanted you to be able to sit around and chat ooc about your skills we would have numbers in the client, wouldn't we?

I don't want to hear any more talk about the color-codes on these boards anymore. And enough whining already. Take your punishment like a man. You were caught. Perhaps some weren't. I don't honestly care.

Play the game, kids. Stop going so far out of your way to bite the hand that feeds and just play it. If you want a system that tells you the numbers, so you can chat about how tough your fighter is, well, there are other systems made just for you. Enjoy them.

Yours,
Aegohl
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

If you don't care then why single out Konstantin?
Talaena Landessi

Thats generally what gm's do, but ...i say no more i like Aegohl i think he is my favorite gm unlike...certain ones....
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

I don't care what Konstantin told you about what happened. The fact is that there were witnesses and numbers to back up the claims of the, already trustworthy, witnesses.

He was *not* singled out. He tried to report half of the people who are now defending him as having equal skill to him so they should be nerfed as well. That includes you. You all didn't have equal skill. You were all considerabley lower. When that tactic didn't work, he made demands, threats, and cussed us all out.

He said he hacked the private boards at Illarion (highly doubtful), and uses macros (not so doubtful). He admitted to trading info and keeping tabs on skill colors, which, is a byproduct of powergaming and not roleplaying.

I'd be afraid to reveal all this if he didn't talk about it so openly in the past.

End of story. Get your facts straight.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I do not dislike any Gms in this game. I find it annoying, perhaps i am in the wrong to feel so, when a good roleplayer like Konstantin gets in trouble for being to strong to fast. And yet another substandard roleplayer can beat anything easily *ive seen* and not get introuble.
Either way, I am sorry if I spoke out of line. I am through argueing here.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

If you have trouble with a player who powergames, report him, rather than using him as a comparison. I believe the PM button is down there.
Talaena Landessi

i hate snitches...they are one thing that i HATE..but eh..oh well
martin

Re: Skills

Post by martin »

Konstantin K wrote:How come in the first 2 weeks of the new client, people, especially dwarves were already smithing double axes and war axes, and their skills were not cut for powergaming?
Ask them.
How come smiths (especially dwarves) start with a skill advantage, and fighters don't? Fighters have to gain all skill from 0.
That is simply untrue.

Martin
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Talaena, shut up. Don't be so bitter just because you were punished.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Talaena wasn't the one who was punished, far as I'm aware.
Talaena Landessi

yea so shut the smile up Short foot! ^_^ think before you speak and go do something other then mess wit me, im busting a kasume and posting stuff like him so *sticks her tongue out at him(donal)*

p.s. ((i love you kas ^_^))

p.s.s. (that was done in a joking matter dont go and get booty hurt :wink: ))
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Well when I say 'punished', maybe I mean 'got a nice little chat'.

P.s. PLEASE try and make a legible post next time. It hurts my head trying to decode your posts.
Talaena Landessi

Oh, i truly am sorry. I will remember not to write like a arrogant little runescape punk :P
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Konstantin got a skill reduction ?
Maybe I should think of changing into the fortune teller buisness. :P
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I have something to read for some of you:
illarion.org wrote:Welcome to the world of Illarion!

Illarion is a free graphical fantasy game that focuses on roleplaying. This game is about true roleplaying, not that much about levelling up or hunting monsters - there are no experience points too. The rewards granted by this game are much more meaningful than numbers and gold pieces. Players from all around the world gather in the world of Illarion to experience adventures with their characters, to celebrate or to simply tell stories of foreign realms at a campfire.

You'll interact with other people and your environment as if you were a person in a real medieval fantasy world. All characters around will behave like real beings of an independent, mysterious world. They won't talk about "emails", "computer" or the like but about magicians, spirits and faeries. Even you won't resist the magic of this world and you'll behave the same way.

But if you want to play a game where the objective is to level up and kill everything on sight or gain as much skills as possible, then this is not the game for you. This game is strongly recommended for ages 16 and older. This has nothing to do with game content, but rather the maturity required to play the game. Please read the game rules and name rules before you play, so you start the game more easily.
I have a certain problem with this game these days; since the charwipe, many players are just hunting for skills, items and money. To me it seems like some players do not care about plotlines, stories, adventures and quests anymore. I spend more time currently stumbling over rule breakers then creating quests and honestly, this is not what I wanted to do.

I am blaming no one specially, just a friendly reminder to play this game like it is intended. Too often I encounter scenes likes this:

Char A: Lets train
Char B: OK, which weapon?
Char A: I need to train my slashing and parry
Char B: OK, shield and sword
Char A: OK

*slash slash*

Char A: Damn, I cannot concentrate
Char B: ((OK, afk))

time passes

Char B: ((re))
Char A: OK, lets duell some more

Roleplaying, anyone?!
Colden Moor

Post by Colden Moor »

Vorab dieser Beitrag

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=13746

Einer der Punkte war das jeder sein RP so weiterspielen kann wie es vor dem Wipe war .
Das man das nach dem löschen aller Skills und dem Ändern seiner Attribute aber wieder machen kann , ist ein gewisser , sich natürlich in Grenzen haltender Mehreinsatz nötig .

Das anfangs erwähnte Beispiel das jemand jetzt schon Doppeläxte oder Zweihänder schmieden kann , läßt sich aber auch dadurch erklären , daß die betreffende Person vielleicht mehr Zeit hat als andere . Das die Person vielleicht auch mehr Durchblick und Forscherdrang hat als andere .
Oder und gerade weil die Person es geschaft hat eine Gruppe zu finden die Interesse daran hat so schnell wie möglich alles wieder schmieden zu können um ihr RP wieder richtig spielen zu können .
So wird es jetzt sicher auch bald zu beobachten sein , daß jetzt wo das herstellen von Kleidung wieder möglich ist , daß nähen mehr zu beobachten ist als vorher .
Oder aber das Anpflanzen von Getreide und das weiter verarbeiten .

Rein persönlich hab ich das Gefühl das der Anfangs geschriebene Beitrag aus Neid über das bereits erreichte geschrieben wurde .

Natürlich sollte bei allem was gemacht wird gewisser Grad an Gleichgewicht gewahrt werden zwischen reinem Skillen und Rollenspiel .
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

Aegohl wrote:Really? How do you know, exactly? This color-code crap? What's his name? Perhaps he just wasn't reported. Would you like to be the one to report your friend?

The whole color-code thing doesn't work. Your buddy Konstantin reported to us that you have equal skills to where his were, according to your skill color-code. We checked it out and he was wrong, which makes you wrong as well.

Perhaps instead of relying on a color-code system to set training goals and compare with eachother in order to clobber eachother, you could just play the game as it is intended. Not only does the color-codes NOT work, but if we wanted you to be able to sit around and chat ooc about your skills we would have numbers in the client, wouldn't we?

I don't want to hear any more talk about the color-codes on these boards anymore. And enough whining already. Take your punishment like a man. You were caught. Perhaps some weren't. I don't honestly care.

Play the game, kids. Stop going so far out of your way to bite the hand that feeds and just play it. If you want a system that tells you the numbers, so you can chat about how tough your fighter is, well, there are other systems made just for you. Enjoy them.

Yours,
Aegohl
posts like this make you sound like a loser.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Konstantin K wrote:
Aegohl wrote:Really? How do you know, exactly? This color-code crap? What's his name? Perhaps he just wasn't reported. Would you like to be the one to report your friend?

Yours,
Aegohl
posts like this make you sound like a loser.
Posts like that make you a bigger loser.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Keikan Hiru wrote:Konstantin got a skill reduction ?
Maybe I should think of changing into the fortune teller buisness. :P
That was inappropriate.

What exactly did Konstantin do wrong? Did he guzzle down potions while fighting? Did he use a needle on the trolls? Did he go AFK while being hit at with flies? As far as I know, the only way to get skill up in this current client is by doing it fair.

It seems like he's just being punished for having high skill. That's ridiculous, he put in as much time as he was willing to get his guy powerful. What's wrong with that? Do you seriously think he should wait a Real Life year before having the character that he wants? It takes a person to get skilled at hand to hand in a Real Life year.

Not everybody's idea of role playing is sitting around a campfire and talking. So what if people are in game hunting for weapons, gold, and other junk? At least they're in the freakin' game, and the role playing atmosphere is still decent. The technical side of the game is fun, otherwise we'd just go to an RP chat room and dump the client altogether.

Anyway, I think a GM needs to make a guide to read in the General boards about how many hours you can train daily, or something, because I don't think Players should have to play mind games. It's not very fair to zap away the results of his time in game without warning, advice or guidelines.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

That was not inappropriate, it was my humble expression of my thoughts which could be summed up to:

I told you so.

Source

I dont know what he did, but my 50 copper go for "Afk Training (with Macro)".
John Irenicus

Post by John Irenicus »

How come smiths (especially dwarves) start with a skill advantage,
Well, it was said it doesn't go that way, but if, who cares? Not every race is equal in certain things and if dwarfs had a bonus on smithing and e.g. halflings not, where is the problem? Is this a roleplaying game where you chose the races because you have some advantage and fun playing certain roles, or a powergaming game where everyone just hunts skills and choses his race because he gets 1% more skillgain on smithing?
I'm just wondering why people still complain.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Keikan Hiru wrote:That was not inappropriate, it was my humble expression of my thoughts which could be summed up to:

I told you so.

Source

I dont know what he did, but my 50 copper go for "Afk Training (with Macro)".
I just can't think of a time where "I told you so" helped anything. It wasn't needed, and K's already on the spot as it is.

Edit: Anybody willing to answer my questions above?
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

Bloodhearte wrote:Anyway, I think a GM needs to make a guide to read in the General boards
Estralis started a topic on our internal boards several days ago. All GMs have been contributing to it, to make powergaming rules more specific. That's all we can do right now. I concede that the powergaming rules are slightly vague, but it wasn't only powergaming that affected Konstantin, more of a combination of the factors mentioned by Aegohl. I personally think that a player's status isn't open-game on the General boards for discussion.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Japheth wrote:Estralis started a topic on our internal boards several days ago. All GMs have been contributing to it, to make powergaming rules more specific. That's all we can do right now.
That's cool. I'll take a look at it soon.
Japheth wrote:I concede that the powergaming rules are slightly vague, but it wasn't only powergaming that affected Konstantin, more of a combination of the factors mentioned by Aegohl. I personally think that a player's status isn't open-game on the General boards for discussion.
K chose to make his status public, a smart move in my opinion. This needs to be discussed by any and all people who feel that the PG rules are fine or twisted.

I mean, neither sides have anything to hide.