can't create - I can't create a character

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

2Marmana

can't create - I can't create a character

Post by 2Marmana »

I want to start playing this game, so I've downloaded the newest version, and when I started the game, I couldn't connect to the server, but there were also some boxes without options.  
and at the website, I could see that the server was online and there were 6 people playing (a little earlyer, just 3 people, so the server really had to be on).  
And I've got cable, so my connection is on surely (otherwise I couldn't reach this forum).
Is it because of Win2k that I've got, or is it a kind of bug?  
Dax

can't create

Post by Dax »

Hello 2Marmana,

Hmm Well I couldn't tell you exactly whats going on giving the information but maybe I can help alittle.

When creating a character, after you spend your points make sure name, and other blocks are all filled in. If you leave something out maybe it doesn't work.

You have to press Create first THEN Ok.

Now if you did all that then maybe this could be...

I've reprogramed and customized my computer, having built it. Something that still baffles me however is that Once I have signed onto my ISP, I have to open my web browser and let it find my proxy before I can make a connection with Illarion Server.

I don't know if anyone else may have that, but it's worth a try. I used the cruddy I.E. Explorer still since it has some good options.

If you made character and then hit ok

Check and see if your CPU is busy "aka the busy light blinks showing it is thinking and doing something"

If it isn't then you are not establishing a connection with the Illarion server.

If it is, then maybe you tried to get on when the server was down" not too long ago" and all you would get is a blank screen.

Hmm aside from that, you would have to hope Bror catches your message before he leaves and if not write to Gods@illarion.com

Hope I have helped and I'll look forward to seeing you!
2Marmana

can't create

Post by 2Marmana »

well, I've done that all before.  I just can't make any connection with that f*** server :(  
I've tried it a lot, and still I can't create any person :(  
It just don't work
Dax

can't create

Post by Dax »

Email the gods

Gods@illarion.de "i think is the link"
Bror

can't create

Post by Bror »

If you have options in the dialog boxes, that doesn't show up, you couldn't establish a connection. Since you are using W2K, the only reason I could imagine is, that you can't have a DIRECT connection, i.e. your ISP (school/business network...) doesn't allow it, because it uses a firewall or proxy. Contact your system administrator for that information (port 3008 and 3009 have to be open).
Paladur

can't create

Post by Paladur »

try to close icq