the orc attack, a foul trick

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Galim

Post by Galim »

I am not pleased about the way the orcs attacked the town. they waited until it is night, or early morning, for the european players. And than they attacked without any ooc warning or announcment for the other players. that is not fair and foul. the first two times when they attacked on a fair way they got beaten terrible, and now they try it with tricking the players, not the characters.

Which european player may play at 6 am?? As good as noone! And it would be just fair to tell the players ooc that such an attack is planed. We are playing together, forgotten? it is no game were you try to trick the players. the orcplayers should have given us a chance to take part at the fight and rp and to do something. but this way, it was just foul.

You used the fact that noone of the european players will be around, and that the most orcplayers are from america.

I mean, the attack was even for you at 12 pm, don't tell me you attacked to a time where it fits best for you american players!

and than how you describe that you walk though the streets and kill everyone...great, of course noone of the guards or anyone else would do something <_<..how should they? they are not even aware of you being in town..because you done it sneaky for us players, not for our characters.

Because our characters would notice it when a horde of orcs attack.

You misused some ooc facts for your benefits, and that was not right.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

AS someone who has characters living in TB I agree with Galim, this was poor, especially as we complained about when the townsfolk attacked the skull cave before we were ready.

I was not involved in the attack because I was asleep.

Also as a player of a Bloodskull, I'm shocked that you guys did this with no warnings, granted we attacked the Grey Rose castle to free Kaja with no warnings, but two knights of the Rose were online at the time and were protecting the castle. When the town invaded the skull cave, about 4 skuls were online and 1 was afk, and he got killed. We went into uproar about that, but what ytou guys have done is worse.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Not only that, but aren't orcs about honor in battle? Face to face, telling the enemy that he is going to die, before the orc chooses to attack?

I'm all for the suspense of surprise, but couldn't you fellas have done it at a time when half the world wasn't asleep? :wink:
Gwynnether

Post by Gwynnether »

Maybe we should just lay a fire in the bloodskullcave while noone is there and then tell at the board that everyone in there was burned.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

The orcs always seem to like to do attacks and defenses....very fairly :roll:
Kaja Wolfagen

Post by Kaja Wolfagen »

Cut and pasted from my log of recents times when a char has been killed for logging in.

Kaja Wolfagen: Walk to the YELLOW CROSS to get resurrected !

Yes us orc players killing for no reason.. great
Gwynnether

Post by Gwynnether »

I can understand how you feel,...
but I think this http://217.160.140.46/community/forums/ ... 30&start=0
is no 'no reason'.
And I'm frustrated of the whole thing as well.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

what happened there, kaja?
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

The "good" side has done this MORE than once. I do not see the need for a public outcry.
Last edited by Cliu Beothach on Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Cliu Beothach wrote:The "good" side has done this MORE then once. I do not see the need for a public outcry.
Couldn't have said it better myself. There have been numerous times in the past where the 'good guys' have done this to the 'bad guys'. Just because it happens to the good guys for once doesn't mean people need to complain about it. Mistakes happen and you can't expect to be around for every little battle and event that happens in game, regardless of whether or not its at six in the morning or midnight. And if you can't expect to be around all the time, you shouldn't complain about missing out on something. Perhaps they should have notified someone sometime about what they were doing, but for the sake of roleplay, just think of it as a covert invasion where the orcs did something smart for once. ;)
Galim

Post by Galim »

the last time the good ones attack the skulls they had to wait for two hours until enough skulls were online, that was commanded by a gm..now be quiet and dont say again something silly like that. the good ones never atatcked the others and done something like the orks today in the past, not without telling them of that, and not like this.,
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

They haven't done it recently, but I have been in a few experiences where you bumrushed, (not you particularly) and right when all our force had logged out. The "bad side" has almost never risen a stink on this matter.
Avaloner

Post by Avaloner »

Yeah normally the bad side logs out when it gets hot and the say " ohh we weren't there" don't be silly cliu say me where we attackt the bad ones and they weren't there? When you coming now with the storm of vashikar there were 10 persons there, you just where too shatterd to fight.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Which raid are you talking about?
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

In fairness there was a guard on, The fact it was pendar is not really there problem :P .
I saw around 3-5 orcs online, Perhaps it would have been better rped as a night time raid. How ever the killing of citizens was mostly rped on the board. As far as i know wiergraf and I was the only actual fight that happened.
I suppose the only loss is that now the town is going to war with righteouse justice, for what was really a raid a little better planning could have really made for a great town attack.
How ever it was inventive, it was done relatively well and every one present rped it well.
I dont think it is all that terrible, and it has certainly spiced things up a little.
Just my take as player who was present.
Brian
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

I just wanna say this:

It's not our fault that we are in different time zones.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Yes it is, you can choose where to live ;)
Terook Telcove

Post by Terook Telcove »

I must say the orcs did it well, they went down into the castle rped killing guards to free me, I have the logs of this if anybody wants them. As a former bad guy :) I say well done orcs, I would have suggested it being a raid though not a full blown town take over, but since it was rped as a town takeover, I do agree and say that some notice should have been given.

Orcen drums beat as they approach town, on the boards or something, you know what I mean
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Hm it LOOKS like things have settled.

There is RP reason behind this also... Gorge will die (permanently) in one of the battles, and there are other things too... I think it will match with the charwipe also...
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

oh can ules kill gorge ;)?
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Hahah.. I'll probably give the honor to John, Galim, or maybe even Lorck. :wink:
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Oh come on! Ules can kill him by crushing his mind :twisted:
Conscience

Post by Conscience »

After reading this topic, I can really understand why so many people have deserted this game and why this game is so agonizingly boring to play.

It's because of players like you Galim.

One small attempt by some orcs to create some action and a possibility for excitement and what happens? People with egos the size of their heads come in and start thrashing around till nothing is left.

Really what is your problem? Do you feel cheated just because you could not make your character win for once? Does it make your blood boil just because you could not control every event in favor of your character? Are you incensed because of some writing for your character in this game? If so, you need to see a doctor, not continue with your bitching here.

Sure, the orcs came at a time when you were not online. But did you ever even stop to consider the far range of other players from your own location. Some people live half way around the world you ridiculous buffoons.

Stop being the resentful twit for a second and actually try to adapt to a new situation so everyone and not just your egos can be entertained.

In hindsight, I don't expect any of you birdbrains, you know who you are, to learn. So please, by all means, keep up your ego centered roleplay. You tear apart the enjoyment of everyone around you, but then you are doing the same to yourself at the same time.
Conscience

Post by Conscience »

I am not pleased about the way the orcs attacked the town.
Surely the orcs were in the wrong then. You were not pleased! Without a doubt, they must do it in the way that pleases you! The orcs should have attacked the town so that you beat them terribly again and again. How could anyone have forgotten that?
the first two times when they attacked on a fair way they got beaten terrible.
Naturally, the only fair way for anyone to play is so that you beat them terrible. Why if you don't beat them terrible then oh no it isn't fair!
it was just foul.
Ridiculous how far and how often conceited complaining can go.
Because our characters would notice it when a horde of orcs attack.
Oh yes, of course your characters being the all powerful demigods that they are would spot those lesser orcs immediately all the time. Nevermind sleep, being distracted, or a multitude of other things. Your characters are great gods why would they ever do such stupid things.
Only when you use ooc facts for your benefit is it right because, of course, you must be pleased!
Look at me, look at me! I've been tricked! For once my character did not beat them terrible or even get to pretend to be the hero, curse those damn tricksters!
Lorck
Location: Walking through the north waiting for the pecice moment to strike

Post by Lorck »

Pendar I believe said it best, if it was rolplayed by the people who were on, if it was roleplayed well, then though the attack came, it did spice things up a bit. Conscience had a good idea, though he voiced it atad bit to....how shall we say it...hott headed. Well now Galim also has a point, but then again if I remember correctly the last time the orcs gave advance notice to an attack they were desimated within minutes of the assult. Orc even though not the brightest of races can be smart enoguh to plan a supprise attack, though other orcs may scorn them for it as being "Unhonerable" hey its what happened. IT HAPPENED. Thats all we need to know, all I ask is keep an opened mind, there are many flawed statemements on both sides of this. And dont make to much of a fire throwing session, my advice is to ask the people WHO WERE THERE if it was rped well, not all attacks must be givin a segment on the bored remember that.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I remember last time I suppose. The problem is, that is when they are greatly outnumbered. I think it was 3:1 that time, with lots of mages, archers, and fighters. I can say, it was not pleasant.
Dominik Windslasher ~

Post by Dominik Windslasher ~ »

I don't think the orcs are wrong. No one do a sneak invasion while there are plenty of guards around. They were having their fun RPing, you can't blame them for doing it just because you weren't IG.
And I agree with PO Pendar, everyone that was online RPed it very well. So, I don't see much point in complaining because others had fun. I had, at least.
Josefine da Vince

Post by Josefine da Vince »

Conscience wrote:
I am not pleased about the way the orcs attacked the town.
Surely the orcs were in the wrong then. You were not pleased! Without a doubt, they must do it in the way that pleases you! The orcs should have attacked the town so that you beat them terribly again and again. How could anyone have forgotten that?

At least it was fair. Most members of the town guard and the grey rose are german. The grey rose is completly german. Everyone knows it. Maybe we really should start attacking the cave when we know that the skull players are sleeping.
the first two times when they attacked on a fair way they got beaten terrible.
Naturally, the only fair way for anyone to play is so that you beat them terrible. Why if you don't beat them terrible then oh no it isn't fair!
I just say one word: Darlok.
Only when you use ooc facts for your benefit is it right because, of course, you must be pleased!
Readiculous. He pleased the skulls many times. We've been in the skulls cave to free Eliza. We didn't do it because there were only 2 skulls online. We left the cave without Eliza because it wasn't fair and for more rocs to "arrive".
Look at me, look at me! I've been tricked! For once my character did not beat them terrible or even get to pretend to be the hero, curse those damn tricksters!
And again: Darlok. Maybe you don't know the story, but I believe he was a bad guy who beat us up terribly...oh well... we all should forget about it to please you hm?
Galim

Post by Galim »

Consience, I won't argue with you because all you can do is insulting and writing a huge bunch of shit. I still wonder why the GM's allow you on this board. you never did much else than insulting others and to start flamewars and being polemic. That is all you can be, polemic. A pity.

But one thing I will answer you. No, I am not angry that Galim wasn't able to beat them. I was angry that they took the possibility for us to take PART in the rp, because that this is, a game. where we want to take part in it. To attack a town and to ignore all the players of that town is nothing ig, it is simply respectless ooc. They took the players who are not in their timezone the possibility to take part, and than they enforce us with their roleplay while we can't do anything about it. I won't go to their cave while they are not away and rp that I attakc it and destroy everything, because that would not be fair, and it would be weak.

And about the timezone. This game started nad was founded in germany and the server is in germany, and when players from all over the world want to make rp, rp that is important for everyone, not just for a few, they should respect the other timezones, and should do it at a time where EVERYONE may attemp, the european palyers too, and not just a few. the attack happened 11 or 12 pm for them, don't tell me they had no better time or other possibility, because that would show me just that you are really dumb.

If the life so far away they shouldn't start RP with peoples while they can't do that rp at times where that peoples may be online too!

again, I can just say, you are a complete idiot consience, who justw ant to cause trouble and to insult peoples, but never to have a serious discussion, and your account here should be deleted.
Last edited by Galim on Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Well I can see both sides. I don't think we were in the wrong with attacking,,, there was even a guard online. (Poor pendar... :P) HOwever, even though you weren't online, we rp'd that the whole town was sleeping, or having a meeeting somewhere. Even pendar wasn't in town... we went into every building in the town, circledthe town many times, blew countless horns, and yelled many times.

I think that we roleplayed it quite well for not having people to actually kill.

Now, if there WERE Germans online, most likely the orcs would have either been multi-killed, or the germans would have been multikilled... There's really no median, But ... Does it really matter now? With the character wipe on its way, does it matter? I think that RP is important to maintain, and of course it is, but we are also trying to have FUN in a GAME... So yes there will be a large battle, and yes many orcs will die, as well as other races, and yes hopefuly it will be fun if you RP it well. :wink:

Just dont be all mad.. its already happend. The only thing for you to do now is to RP trying to change it. :wink: