New magical find spell

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

New magical find spell

Post by Drathe »

What a bout a new spell. e all know how time consuming and irratating it is looking for someone you realy need to speak to. So for mages of a high inteligence what do you people think of a "find" spell. Not for items but for people. For example; the mage would use the runes in the appropriate combination and then a box would come up. The player would type in the name of the person they want to find. (so they better get the spelling of it right :o) Then some prety coloured lights and an approximate map location woud be given to the mage of where the person is. If the person being sought after by the mage was not online a message would come up saying something like; "The being you seek is beyond your sight."

What do you think? now of course there would be people who would abuse this but then dont people abuse anything they can anyway.
Ellaron

New magical find spell

Post by Ellaron »

I agree it's annoying sometimes to chase all over the place looking for one person. My main question is whether the spell would be only for mages? If not how would druids and other none magic users use it?  Also instead of a dot on the map it could give you the map reference.
Chyan Guo Messenger

New magical find spell

Post by Chyan Guo Messenger »

i heard on one of the sites info that in the furture you can send letters through .... birds or psychic ability for mages ect.
Euler

New magical find spell

Post by Euler »

Sometimes mirrors can be used to not only see what is reflected but what is desired ... maybe an item rather than a spell could be the answer.
drag

New magical find spell

Post by drag »

class whouldent matter. you should ahve to buy something like a cell phone or something like that. you hsould have to buy it of corse. if u want to write a message u need something, and if u want to receive one, u need soemthing else. both fairly inexpencive.

drag
Cain Freemont

New magical find spell

Post by Cain Freemont »

You know, I really like this idea...This is one of the best things i've read on the proposal board.  I'm in full support of it!
Caranthir the great

New magical find spell

Post by Caranthir the great »

Nice idea, though I think that a item and spell would be better solution than just a spell.. or just a item..
Cain Freemont

New magical find spell

Post by Cain Freemont »

Yes, definitely an item, so that many people could do this...perhaps what was suggested before...a mirror or some other such antiquey looking thing :)  Although...it wouldn't concern Cain Freemont too much if it was a spell since he is a mage :biggrin:

Regards,
James

New magical find spell

Post by James »

i agree there should be a item to find people as i am sick of walking round for 20minutes looking for ppl `#me stares at ellaron` i feel this should be introduced as its benificial to evryone as long as it doesent cost the earth to buy.

:)James:)