Don't attack ghosts!!!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

GorgeBloodstench

Don't attack ghosts!!!

Post by GorgeBloodstench »

Not to complain but....

Our last little battle at the skull cave, people attacked my ghost until i lost All my items and my skills went waaaay down.

I think that is so cheap, attacking someone's ghost. You killed me, and that is enough, but some one or some people kept attacking my ghost.

I think i died about 5 times total.

Also, two people didn't even use a #me when they attacked. You should know better than that. And pushing me into a flame, and out of a flame, and back into a flame is also very cheap.

Im not complaining, im telling people that this is against the rules, to keep attacking ghosts...
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Like I told you earlier, it got incredibly laggy when Kaja had cast his iceflames. I doubt any of these people ment to do any of this. it was hectic and took me half a minute to realize i was dead.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Wait a moment, one can attack a ghost? Can you explain this into more detail? (PM perhaps)

When I target a ghost, it dislocks immediatly and I see no sign of battle.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

It dislocks but I think the ghost dies agian.. not sure tho.
GorgeBloodstench

Look at my lovely log.

Gorge Bloodstench: Walk to the YELLOW CROSS to get resurrected !

Yep its lovely all right.

In the past, you didn't die again. Well i know i died because i lost more armour each time i died....

Detail:
Someone pushed me into a flame two times, which killed me. then i come out of flame as ghost. someone attacks me 2 more times...
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Everyone dies, at least it wasnt 10 like you said it was right after you died..
GorgeBloodstench

Yes.. i was really sure I had died about 10 or so...

but it was 4.. oh well.
Wiergraf

Post by Wiergraf »

Garret, I dont think it really matters, Gorge died way too many times after he actually died. One would be fine, but 4 times?
GorgeBloodstench

Ya.. thats like.. *counts* four times the skill loss!

Im a math major. :lol:
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Gorge if i had you targeted I apologise although I have no reason to believe I targeted your ghost. So if as you say it unlocks on death then it propably was not me. How ever as garret points out the lag was huge the #me's I tried to employ, one popped up some didnt seem to.
Sorry for the confusion and any part of it that may have damaged your character unfairly.Mostly as i was right next two clouds, there is some chance I may be part of the problem here.
How ever thank you for a great evenings rp,
Pendar
GorgeBloodstench

Im not blaming you pendar... im not really blaming anyone.

Just telling people not to attack ghosts.. and that you CAN die again as a ghost.
GorgeBloodstench

Ack, this happend to Pendar and Wiergraf also.

Wiergraf, i think , died from a guard, and then an iceflame killed him again... He also lost all his stuff, and some skill.

Pendar lost his things too.. though i dont know the story about that.
Wiergraf

Post by Wiergraf »

Yeah, I was killed by Durin, then the ice flame killed me again, it said I had to go to the cross twice, and I dropped all my stuff and lost stats
GorgeBloodstench

Ya lost skills not stats. :wink:
Wiergraf

Post by Wiergraf »

Bleh, yea
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Just to clarify I do not believe I died twice,
Merely I dropped a huge amount of items. Unsually so, weather that was just bad luck or not is little matter. I have myself noticed people killed today have been loseing a lot.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Ah I just realized Garett was killed as a ghost... I think it depends on how many people are attacking. Garett died twice when he was being attacked by two orcs. Gorge died four times with a lot of attackers.. ice flame, Thaseus, Pendar, Kaine.. That sounds about right.
Gwynnether

Post by Gwynnether »

Merely I dropped a huge amount of items
That's a bug.
When you are lucky, like I was two times already, you lose all!
no joke... there was no single item in my inventory anymore.
But I refused to roleplay out that Gwynnether was totally naked at the cross *lol*
(My respect for Cliu who really rped to ran naked through town, hehe)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Strange. I just killed one of my questchars and he did not loose an item at all.

And you say when you attack a ghost, it looses additonal items?
GorgeBloodstench

We can test it.. but yes.

Might have to have an iceflame to test it though...
Josefine da Vince

Post by Josefine da Vince »

It happend to me too while the attack of the orcs at the grey rose castle, I got the message with the yellow cross two times and lost almost everything.
It's very frustrating.
Naybet Grint

Post by Naybet Grint »

I was killed in the 'usual' fashion (that is I was ghosted and then left alone) but still lost everything on my belt, my bag, and my helm. I kept everything else I wore. Not that I'm complaining, people shouldn't be too casual about death so the penalty should be harsh. Just thought I'd provide another data point.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

In regards to bloody conflicts involving "big f*ck off swords" ( :lol: ), I think there should be some kind of OOC politeness rules to follow:

1.) Don't say you killed somebody multiple times, or say you have been killed multiple times. Most characters only live once, and it sounds childish to me when I hear "i r killed 4 times yesterday and 2 times today." The "cloud form" should be referred to as wounded (not killed), and the downed health, endurance.

2.) Everytime, somebody has to turn into a cloud. And it gets frustrating to drop every item and have them taken away. So, there should probably be a fight, and if somebody backs off, don't chase the mother until he's a cloud. Just let them run, they probably won't "die" anyway. Only do the cloud thing if they relentlessly attack without break. Treat the players with kindness, they're only trying to have fun. :)
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Bloodhearte wrote:In regards to bloody conflicts involving "big f*ck off swords" ( :lol: ), I think there should be some kind of OOC politeness rules to follow:

1.) Don't say you killed somebody multiple times, or say you have been killed multiple times. Most characters only live once, and it sounds childish to me when I hear "i r killed 4 times yesterday and 2 times today." The "cloud form" should be referred to as wounded (not killed), and the downed health, endurance.

2.) Everytime, somebody has to turn into a cloud. And it gets frustrating to drop every item and have them taken away. So, there should probably be a fight, and if somebody backs off, don't chase the mother until he's a cloud. Just let them run, they probably won't "die" anyway. Only do the cloud thing if they relentlessly attack without break. Treat the players with kindness, they're only trying to have fun. :)
Maybe we should get something official on that cloud thing. I think everyone uses different definitions for it.
Ghásh Wargclaw

Post by Ghásh Wargclaw »

Yes, it does feel a bit weird when people come and tell me that they were killed by a zombie. My char just totally freaks out... :wink:
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

Walk to the YELLOW CROSS to get resurrected !
Thats the message you get from the client after getting "clouded", sounds pretty official to me.
Seems you are dead when being a cloud, because knocked out characters doesnt need a rescurection to regain consciousness again. ;)

If we ask nicely, maybe Cassandra changes this message to something not so "final" for the character.
Until then, we are somehow dragged into beliving that the clouds are ghosts and your character is dead.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Yeah that's the client message. I'm just trying to work around it so it doesn't sound as dopey.

Maybe, "Go to the YELLOW CROSS to wake up!" or something.
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

To me there really is no problem in how people express a trip to the cross.
Infact in many instances being resurected by the cross is the only reason some people can possibly still be alive as I have done all i can to kill them lol. Seriously though, wounded,dead,resurected etc we all have our own little view on the cross what people say happend to them can be glossed over easily.
I would rather see measures put into place that make the cross a bigger issue than tussel with the name.
Something like not being able to iniate combat on any pc for an hour after a cross visit or a 20 minute sit in a box. I dont know but more and more i am noteing people shrug off a trip to the cross as daily occurance. Which in turn saps any and all drama out of fighting till we get more of a school playground feeling going.
Beat him up he has your lunch money?
Just my 02
Pendar
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

I agree that is an issue Pendar.

In my honest, unfounded opinion, characters should wait a whole 24 hour period (that is, one day for those of you who aren't into that "math" thing), after having their butt kicked. Don't attack, don't even show up. Just admit defeat, wait another day, and try again.
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

I couldnt agree more even though I dont usually wait a full 24 hours. I do not attack people upon a return from the cross and unless it is monster/npc issue. Stay out of things for that "scene".
I look forward to continueing this discussion once I have formulated a sold proposal thread regarding this and some other things I have noticed.
Ceaseing thread hijacking now
Pendar