Leaving

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Misjbar

Leaving

Post by Misjbar »

I myself will be leaving sadly. I know most people hardly even know me, I know most people did not like my RP (I think at least). Now, first a list of people whom I have really good memories of (chars). I cannot name them all, but atleast a good chunk of characters whom RPing with was great, exceptional even:

Aristeaus
Arkadia
Athian
Brendan Mason
Caitlin Fergus
Cheemona
Damien
Deirdre Brawdcor
Dhalsim
Djironnyma (even though that stupid wandbug really bugged my nerves)
Donal Mason
Dravish
Ezorock
Galim (at times =P)
Galina
Gilraen
Gorden Fisk
Grimbard
Gwynnether
Irania
John Irenicus
Julia Fisk
Kaja Wolfagen
Kasume
Lauranthalas
Liliewen
Luise Talblau
Maeve
Moathia
Moskher Hezsche
Quinasa
Shandariel el Lysanthrai
Sideon Vilarion
Trystan Gravstyn
Val de Gausse
Willum Wildthorn
Zarah

Well, there are more. But these are the ones I could think of right now.

Now, some reasons why I am leaving.

1.Illarion lost it’s touch a little. Back in the days everyone was different, everyone was special. It is also maybe a little my own fault, but nowadays I have the feeling everyone is the same, and I only meet the same people over and over again. No more interesting things happen for me, even if I try to make it interesting. Sometimes people give me a boost, with interest. But it usually wears off rather quickly.
My own fault, other people’s faults, I don’t know. It is just that Illarion lost it’s touch for now.

2.The feeling quests are always done with the same characters, or maybe the same PO’s. It is not that this is wrong, but I just have the feeling it happens a lot. Is that person so special, or such a good RPer that that person is the only right choice to use for a quest? Oh well, not really an important reason, but I still wished to ask (please only constructive answers, I’m not really good against cracking answers, that bring me down to the ground.)

3.People are suddenly worried about the imminent charwipe. I mean, why can no one just accept such a thing? It is not like I can do anything about a sudden tsunami hitting the Netherlands. Or should I just stand in front of the big wave, and say: “No, I don’t want all my skills to go lost now. Can’t you wait a little longer?” Please..

4.The gaurds. I mean, they are nearly the biggest fighting force on the island (or so I see it). They could easily crush the Skulls, if they go with their usual group. That is just silly. I mean, don’t the gaurds get payed? It seems they can afford a whole legion of gaurds to protect a meager village. Just something I sort of noticed.

I know, they are weak reasons. Number 1 is the main reason, and I doubt someone can just remove the reason for me. I wish there was something I could do about it, but I highly doubt it.

You can, however, still PM me or IM me, if you wish to have some interesting roleplay. Because that is the only thing I am really interested in. Just RP, no worries about having hardly any skills, no worries about people running towards you, killing you in one blow, because they do not fear me, because I quickly get known as the char that has no skills, or is weak. So, if you really feel obliged, then just PM me.
And, if a fruitfull discussion can come from this, please start such a discussion. But do not go bringing me down like it was done with others, and do not go around posting the same kind of bullshit like in Kasume’s thread (PO Nikago. Please no: “omg…omg..omg…f*ckin…”)
On a sidenote, I think the staff is great, they are not the problem. I’m mostly the problem. The new things incorporated in the game are wonderfull in my opinion.

Erik Baan, PO of:
~Misjbar~
-Lysu Davanum-
~*Abigale Firnisflower*~
-Slizz (Slizzshi Shenosss)
Brendan Applethief
Lofosh Ironbreaker
Fildraniel el Lysanthrai
Peter Fertas
Grabash Legluck
Dakar Coalbreaker

P.S. Sorry to the people who really would have liked me to stay. As I said, you can still PM/IM me.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

dont go, take a breake an come backe somwehre in future ;)
...bye misjbar.... (dammed i need new enemy number one)...
Damien

Post by Damien »

Don't worry...
THEY ALL COME BACK, MUAHAHAHA...
:wink:
Have a relaxing break.

Quests are usually done with people who are 1. online and 2. interested in taking part. The timezone thing can be an explanation why mostly certain groups participate. We're trying to solve this for quite a while.
When mini-quests or such thingies are done, it is oftenfunny to look at the people online, choose one name oe doesn't know, approach the player and start the thing. I found out that some players don't investigate, but quickly run away (can understand when monsters are involved, but some people just don't like it i guess ). :wink:
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Somehow I doubt I will be coming back before the charwipe. As I mentioned to you before, I liked the new orc change of Misjbar, but somehow I feel much attachment to the old Misjbar. Playing an orc is no fun, and without general descriptions being able to be viewed when you click another char, so you can see Misjbar's appearance now, everyone will be calling you orc, even though I did much much trouble hiding it.
And just the general fact I cannot be changed back, unless I either become good, or, get the risk I turn into something even worse. The latter option is not even possible without cooperation of someone else. If I ever might come back, it will be with a cute cuddly elf, with no obligations, who farms the entire day, without much personality, and without any threat that he/she might change into a mummy permanently. Oh wait, I would not MIND turning such a char into a mummy, it is not a living thing, living concept in my mind anyway.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

What is the deal with people overestimating the guard? strongest figthing force around? There are only four active guards. Two are very puny. We couldn't attack the skulls when they are at full force with our full force and hope to win.
And no, we do not get paid...
GorgeBloodstench

Post by GorgeBloodstench »

Actually.. Two active guards, two recruits. :wink:
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Garett Gwenour wrote:What is the deal with people overestimating the guard? strongest figthing force around? There are only four active guards. Two are very puny. We couldn't attack the skulls when they are at full force with our full force and hope to win.
And no, we do not get paid...
Aw really?
Because last time I checked you have to have the most exceptional fighting skills on the island to be a gaurd. Usually, gaurds end up being the strongest person around in a situation.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Yeah, your wrong ;)
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

And, another interesting point, gaurds don't get paid. That is rather silly I believe. Why do you become a gaurd, when you don't get paid? Getting superior fighting skills? I mean, it is a job technically.
That is a reason too for leaving anyhow. Everyone want realism through technicality, but they do not create it themselves, i.e. pay people when they employ them (see above: gaurd). Or is it just me?
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I see it as a way for Garett to join the aristocracy.. He becomes a recruit, then town guard and then tries to join the Grey Rose and hopefully becomes a knight. That would be the payment.
No payment is the only option, the Triumvirate isn't firmly rooted enough nor is the game designed correctly for the government to simply tax every citizen. It would be impossible to keep track of who paid and didn't. Besides you could say that of just about every guild created with the exception of a few which have specific reachable goals.
Besides fighting skills is only part of the fun of being a town guard. The roleplay is pretty fun too. You get a good roleplayer and have your character become good friends and simply roleplay day to day life of a guard. The critism the battle, and the ridiculous situations you have to deal with sometimes.
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

[...]nor is the game designed correctly for the government to simply tax every citizen. It would be impossible to keep track of who paid and didn't.
Strangely that my goverment was able to rise taxes and that my almighty notepad helped me to keep track on those who paied and who not. ;)

Elected goverments are weak ! :P
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I must agree Darlok :wink:

Actually, interesting point. Maybe people should try a little harder to make the Triumvirate a bigger part of the city/town. I mean, they do nothing, mean nothing, and are not part of everyday life. That just sounds, strange, doesn't it?
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

I never got much of a chance to role play with ya Misjbar, but I heard you were good.

Like Damien Said, see ya in a month or two :wink:
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

The members are ingame each day. They have their regularly meetings, fight for the town and informs about that. They try to do their best.

But in general you are right. The Triumvirate is not really a part of the public life. It is nearly a private club.

We want to try to get a solution. For example, since some weeks i think about official meetings of the council members with the citizens. Maybe we can make something like that in intervals of 2 weeks. This could be a first little step to involve the public.

But, i have to ask too: Why the citizens do not speak with the Triumvirate? Why there are no proposals? Why the citizens do not try to get their aims, their wishs? Why noone tries to change the situation?

I see no motivation. For example since months the 3. councilor, who represents the citizens, is inactive. Nobody noticed that.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Something worse does NOT mean a mummy or the like. Just a... surprise. I promise you it won't be undead, and it will be able to use tools and speak :wink:
There would of course be the chance of throwing a 1-3 on the d20. Or, you can find several different ways to change back without becoming "good" again - thinking logically can really help your efforts here, you know *bg* [hint]Remember what power changed you, and what power can change you back with the less risk... And becoming good again is not the only (just the, let's say, cheapest and quickest) way to excuse...[/hint]
:wink:
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

About the rolling is not the point. I would have to convince the person in question, before I can do this. The whole "participants will change too" is not really helping :wink: .
Anyhow, about the hint hint thing. What WOULD I have to do? The power that changed me, won't accept anything else but goodness, like you said a while back. Or did you change opinions?
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

Lennier, I think the main problem with the Triumvirat is that neither the players nor the characters really notice you.
The characters are online, right, but the pulic relations are awful.
And the characters that do notice you, notice you only because of the Townguard and the Grey Rose when they fight, and during this the Triumvirate apears like a Despotism.
And I think you planed to be like a Republic in the old Rome.

The Triumvirate needs more public activity, not only a Election-Posting now end then, which reminds the players 'Ah ... they are still there.'

I suggest you think of events, like a Town-Founding-Celebration, Celerations for Gods, little Competiotons for Archers and Fighters, ect.
Of course you could start planing to chance Trolls Bane aswell, build Houses, build Bridges, build fields, whatever comes in your mind.

On the other hand, these things need money to be acomplished, Taxes are also a way to stay in the characters heads.
Establish a Tax-Collector ingame, let him or her collect some coins from the citizens of your list evey few weeks.

There are myriads of things a goverment can do, not just some elections. ;)

And start paying your guards, they need to make a living too. :P

P.S.:
As a sidenote,
Bror once said that one of the reasons they started with Illarion was, that Tibia does not support the creation of a player-run city.
So make your best to use this feature of Illarion. ;)
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Darlok wrote: And start paying your guards, they need to make a living too. :P
They dont want anything :D
Damien

Post by Damien »

Belongs to what exactly you do... Think of options. You won't get out of this without some real brainwork.
Or pure luck.
And, the participants WILL not, they MAY if the roll shows a 20. Call it a fumble. *g* Perhaps different priests have different chances too...
THINK. I won't tell anything, har har... :wink:
Kaja Wolfagen

Post by Kaja Wolfagen »

Your not allowed to leave my friend ;)

Sorry we dont chat on msn anymore, but now ive destroyed my computer and remade it im sure i can work on getting MSN working again.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

We want pay! :)
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Lennier wrote: They dont want anything :D
Hear,hear the pleasure of kaja's and gorges company is all the currency I need.
Seriously though maybe an allowance for potions or armours could be proposed in game, or at least an agreement with some merchants for heavy discounts. Issues my character intends to broach with the upcoming elections :)

Although sticking to the topic at hand, I have not met half of the people in the game yet. I have however seen some really impressive characters emergeing in "younger players" like myself. My RP is propably mediocre at best but there are some great characters coming through. So even though I havent had the pleasure yet misjbar maybe you will create a character and pop in and visit once in a while :)
Also should any one have any constructive critisism or ideas on my RP as the most humble of recruits of the guard feel free to PM me. Not that my character can have much affect yet, but i can see how a guard becomes a make or break character in certain storylines and ideas. As this is all about people having fun, I would hate to be a kill joy.
Pendar
John Irenicus

Post by John Irenicus »

And start paying your guards, they need to make a living too.
Schusch! You don't want anything!
The guard was never paid by anyone ;) Since they are independent that has not changed.
merchants for heavy discounts.
(there are, just become a full guard :P)
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

:D hmm, the rate pendar levels up divided the strength required to be a good guard = Well i the hope the merchants live to a good old age.
Sounds good though, I really was not complaining.
Regardless of pay thus far it has been a really fun role to play and one my character propably wouldn't change for anything due to all the horrible things that happend to him when he arrived lol.
Having a blast
Pendar
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

People say skills are not necessary for RP..well, they are.
I also quit, because I cannot seem to get the view I have of Misjbar, and I want other people to see, and enjoy, to get that to everyone. Right now I feel like Misjbar is the banned orc, with all to do is sit in a corner, drink cherrywine, and watch the day fly by. I cannot imagine any other then that. I feel rusty, I don't feel like my RP is good anymore, I don't feel like I can bring something new and interesting to the game.
That is why I quit, to save others from my useless sitting around with an orc. I mean, if I try to threaten someone, they will just hit me to death with their bare hands (and I'm sure that is possible against Misj).
Wiergraf

Post by Wiergraf »

maybe you should train with Wiergraf then, heh
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Your an orc?

Hehe pay would be nice :P
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Its a known fact:
People who win elections tend to have a shorter lifespan :wink:
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

Just wanted to make a little comment...

People say skills are not necessary for RP..well, they are.
Thats not entirely true. Only depends on what skills you mean.

Like for myself Gannon is one of the weaker fighters on the island now.

Even though he has slain countless demons and demi-gods. * Cough Drakhen Cough * ;)

But even though I now suck at fighting due to the re-balancing of the stat system
( Which im not whining anymore I have learned to live with it :P )
It just shows you CAN rp without proper skills. Gannon is still one bad arse dude.

You can still learn tricks to kill people I assure you * Winks *

Just wanted to let it be known that one CAN rp without skills. You just have to find ways around it.

Lets just watch this topic burst into flames shall we? :P
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Without skills I cannot let other people show what Misjbar is like in my mind, my thought, and what I'm trying to RP him like. Right now I just feel like Misjbar is a threat to the flees in his hair.
But it could also just be me, that I'm not the RPer I though I was. Oh well, maybe a break will fix that. A break of atleast 3 months.