Wat aboot grouping withe like-mined friends? - You wouldn't

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Deryana

Wat aboot grouping withe like-mined friends? - You wouldn't

Post by Deryana »

What about a grouping system. Where you could group with people? For whatever possibilites. And how about allowing some people to be bad. You can't really when there's stringent rules on what you can't do and can do. That's not really role-play either when you have to agree to all that. I know that being pked is bad. But that's why you and your friends gang up on the bastard and kill him back! Oo, and how about every time you die your stuff gets put in your depot. So you have nothing?
Deryana

Wat aboot grouping withe like-mined friends?

Post by Deryana »

And I forgot to mention. When you group the skill that you're using goes up normally. But being around others, when they see you use this skill theirs goes up too. But at a lesser rate, something like maybe 1/8 or 1/4 of the normal speed? And the maximum party size would be 4 to stop mass groupings where they all use one skill.
Bror

Post by Bror »

I don't understand what you mean by

"And how about allowing some people to be bad. You can't really when there's stringent rules on what you can't do and can do. That's not really role-play either"

I would appreciate if you would give me a roleplay situation, where someone plays an evil person AND violates the rules (and making good roleplay at the same time).

I realize that you often post twice within a couple of minutes - edit your posting instead. To see how it works look here.
Roke

Post by Roke »

Just one quick question... If you edit your post will it appear in the place when it was originally posted or will it be in the "latest post" spot?

Thanks a lot.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

original spot
Deryana

Post by Deryana »

#me has confused herself
sean

Post by sean »

this is an RPG not a stratigy game grouping is made be being in guilds ect ect
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

Deryana has a very good idea point and it dont matter its not a stratagy game it works very very well in a role playing game. Grouping can make being in a Guild so much more rewarding. The grouping system works as like Deryana said. Skill (when rewarded to a player) is devided amoungst the grouped players. This is good say if the guild went on a deamon hunt (where say slashing weapon skill would be incresed.)  Also grouping could be instead of a guild only capability, an idividual one.  A player could use it. E.G. A player wants to group for a skelly hunt with another player for an hour or two.

Think about it guys its a rewarding and team promoting game aspect! and if u dont think it works! check out Legend of Mir its a very well used and tested system and simple for the player 2 use. (so programmer boys ull have to change it a little so its not the exact same as L.O.M if u do incorperate it)

U could even use this system to teatch a skill to an apprentis. Say a master carpenter works and groups with his skill with his student thus helping the new player (or student) to get the basics of that skill.  But! so as to stop the more  unruly people...say.....u could only group up 2 a certain level of that skill after which it will only rise by the player teactching them self.

Im just shocked at ur dumb reaction to this brilliant and versatile idea. And they said the motor car would never catch on.
Peace Keeper

Post by Peace Keeper »

I suppose the "bad" people she is refering to is the mass kill players.  I don't really want to support this, but basically bad people that mass kill usuallly usually get deleted, I'm thinking maybe she meant to allow it...  I'm not quite sure if it should be allowded tho...  there's two sides of arguments...  bleh, I don't know...
Bror

Post by Bror »

I haven't deleted many persons for player killing anyway, so to say "get usualy deleted" is wrong by itself.
When they get deleted, it was mass playerkilling ain a combination with zero-roleplay and most times powergaming too.
Peace Keeper

Post by Peace Keeper »

Quote: from Peace Keeper on 3:59 pm on Dec. 10, 2001
I suppose the "bad" people she is refering to is the mass kill players.  I don't really want to support this, but basically bad people that mass kill usuallly usually get deleted, I'm thinking maybe she meant to allow it...  I'm not quite sure if it should be allowded tho...  there's two sides of arguments...  bleh, I don't know...
Bror, isn't that what I just said?  "bad people that mass kill usually usually (*note the doubled word error?   *ggg* just noticed that now...) get deleted...."  Well, I think maybe her point is that there should be evil people in the world as well as good people.   Your call, we have nothing to do with rules and char deleting anyways.
Bror

Post by Bror »

Yes Peace Keeper, this is exactly what you have said. That is the reason why I have put it in quotation marks.
And it is my oppinion too, that there should be good AND evil people in Illarion, but I am restricting this sentence to evil CHARACTERS, not bad PLAYERS.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

I've just been wondering something, not necessarily relating to this topic.
How often does Bror read the rpg or guild boards?
Bror

Post by Bror »

Very seldom. I don't have time to mess with the ingame actions too.