A new thing - just an idea

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Raziel

A new thing - just an idea

Post by Raziel »

I have played another rpg game (non graphical) and they had something that amused me. They had like a priest that healed you for a small price i was thinking that it might be cool to have something like that here. Just shouting out ideas
Eleanor Rigby

A new thing

Post by Eleanor Rigby »

No, I think it's better for the game when only player characters can heal, because players should do as much as possible together.

(Edited by Eleanor Rigby at 1:02 am on May 1, 2001)
Wanderer

A new thing

Post by Wanderer »

I think the idea of a priest is a good idea. Instead of them healing maybe they can restore skills though. I feel bad sometimes killing players( hehe, very rarely) and i think that instead of losing there hard earned skills they can pay a priest to restore them. The more they lose the more they pay.
Raziel

A new thing

Post by Raziel »

I don't like how skills leave when you die. I think it sould be all the items you have you lose like what happens when you killa monster. But that idea is cool
Dax

A new thing

Post by Dax »

When you die, lose tiems in your hands "sword shield" and also on your belt.

that would come into effect more with special or rare weapons "or items you can only carry on your belt"

Secondly I can see how a priest could bring back skills...

after all it's just a pice of your spirit "soul" that left when you died and the priest for a fee could bring it back, or atleast some of it :)
Captain Kirk

A new thing

Post by Captain Kirk »

Hallo

hmm to lose skills is really ok or will u lose attribs (perm) instead ??
u will lose things when u die, im sure but we need 1st the weight system and a depot

i like to heal and ressurrect if i get enough money for it *g*
newbies are free of  charge *g*

Bye
Read ya
MfG

Capt. Kirk
Antarion

A new thing

Post by Antarion »

Me thinks, the main prob is, that if a priest could get you your skills back, there´s no hurt in dying anymore. At the moment, you can be resurrected by anyone, and the only drawback is the loosing of skills.
I believe, that it should be even harder to come back into life. Death IS something dangerous, and if it were even  more dangerous some PKs would think twice before attacking, because they could die too.
Wanderer

A new thing

Post by Wanderer »

Think twice before attacking......yeah.....

Oh I know what your talking about!!! That one time there were 6 people protecting a newbie... I knew two of them were pretty good, so i thought about it twice!!!!!
And then i charged in killing them all and the newbie!!!!!

I remember along time ago when i had my stats cut. That made me think twice also, then i killed bror and everyone else i saw for awhile turning them into newbies.

Your right, losing skills from dying really makes me think twice. Now i only commit suicide once or twice a day.....
Sskakzk'krr

A new thing

Post by Sskakzk'krr »

From the 1st post. Would that game be parelle universe?
hehe hate that stupid @ss game.
Raziel

A new thing

Post by Raziel »

No the game was called Athas. OR Dark Sun
Bror

A new thing

Post by Bror »

I didn't know that still everyone is able to ressurrect people. It was supposed to be harder now. I decreased the chance of ressurrecting some more now.
Damien

A new thing

Post by Damien »

It is harder - i needed several trials lately, and my mes pen is quite trained.
rain

A new thing

Post by rain »

as raz said dark sun was a fun game but this is a lot better one b/c of the graphics and all but the priest the heald u was really kool but then u have the problem would u have to different priests that heald ppl b/c wouldnt a priest just heal good ppl and not evil or would u make it universal and when i posted about the questing that is the game that i got my idea off of also there are alot of kool things that, that game had but no graphics that is all for now
Elminister

A new thing

Post by Elminister »

I have a question to the resurrect...
Do the resurrect-chance increase when you increase your mes pen skill or is it possible to resurrect well, if you just resurrect someone often
Erdrick

A new thing

Post by Erdrick »

About the skill loss, I think we should ONLY lose skills IF and only if
we die... I have much lower skills now by just standing behind the counter.
Please fix that.
Farlorn

A new thing

Post by Farlorn »

hmmmm

I don't like the idea of loosing the items in my Hands and belt! You're right, it would be more realistic, but it happens, that a guy like Wanderer walks up and kills me several times...
That isn't funny, as I lose my skills, but one hour or so of training and I'm the old again. Now if I loose my very rare magic sword or my unique flute or whatever, the chance for Illarion to loose another player would be much higher, right?

Farlorn
Captain Kirk

A new thing

Post by Captain Kirk »

Hallo

maybe we need only good lootin rules

Bye
Read ya
MfG

Capt. Kirk
Antarion

A new thing

Post by Antarion »

Hi

I had some thoughts about dying in Illarion.
1. If you die, your belongings should fall to the ground, but stay there for a while, so you could get them back (or somebody takes them). This would lead to forming parties also, for they could carry your things.
2. As a really DRASTIC method, you would not only turn into a ghost, but your body would lie on the ground too. This should than be something you could pick up to carry it to a priest (or forget it in case of a villain).
I confess, the second point is a bit drastic, but it would lead to good gameplay as well. And even someone whose body isn´t resurrected could make a new char.
I think, the loosing of skills should then be dropped altogether to balance things.
But the loosing of your items would mean a real challenge, especially when there are some unique items.
Raziel

A new thing

Post by Raziel »

Talking about people dieing and taking the items i think there should be a way to toggle between Pk and no Pk so if you do choose it you except responsabilities of taking care of yourself. Also that would help newbies to not get killed.
Dax

A new thing

Post by Dax »

This dying thing,

I am notorious for voicing my views so here we go..

Farlon, I think it was you who voice dislike in losing items in hand and belt and about losing a illarion player.

My original thought was that, if you are being attacked and know you won't win, stick good items in bag real fast.. or RUN. You would be suprised how many times Wanderer might have died, but he got smart and ran. We couldn't catch him, he's as fast as a greased pick and just as slippery.
Second, if you fear a stun spell.. run then change direction and while doing so stick items away until safe.

Lastly.. travel in groups when possible. Remeber, if you can die so can he. By the time the dying and loosing items goes into effect or whatever the gods decide.. I hope the fighting system will be updated also eliminating all powerful players "though good ones"

To the gods if they read this, I think characters should advance much more than now able. Perhaps once maxed the skill bar turns a diffrent color showing the next growth in skill ability. "this would show a considerable diffrence between skilled fights/mages/maybe clerics  and would create a more interesting atmosphere having a much broader range of characters good and bad. "have to list ideas before I forget them"

Back to what I was saying.. Now leaving Illarion just because you lost a rare item might be the easiest answer  but hardly as fun. roleplay it.. find friends and kill him to get it back or find it again "or something greater" it is all part of the challenge. Imagine how boring it would be in illarion if you lost no skill or items while dying. There would be no goal or point just aimless slaughter.. Kind like Pac Man after you reach 9999 score..

With the dying and leaving a body, having read that I like the idea. Perhaps the player turns into a ghost until his body decays, is ressurected or until he forfiets his soul "pressing space or something" Once his body has decayed or soul forfieted his items fall to the ground able to be pilfered by other players "and hopefully monsters who could use them adding some spice and potentially dangerous skeletons"
With this ressurection buisness.. I think Mes pen should be taken off of mage spells and given to a new class of spellcaster... a Priest. Someone who can cast mes pen to heal "and a diffrent spell" to ressurect" possibly a spell of bless, shield, some holy attack spells like spirit hammer or devine light beam whatever.. I belive having priest spells "creating the class" would be more of a roleplay enviroment. You would have mages who at more skill can be as deadly if not worse than a fighter.. druids to create potions "not having magic wouldnt be as bad since if priest are made than mage and fighter would no longer be able to heal on thier own creating a great need for magic healing and another profession.. also druids would make a good living now.

the last bit.. is a PK on off... I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. A newbie should have immunity from Pk's for perhaps 3 to 5 days. otherwise evil characters couldn't be evil.. they would have nothing to threaten to gain gold, favors or whatever they may want.

Farewell friends,
Echnaton

A new thing

Post by Echnaton »

I didn't read everthing but basically I agree with Dax. And the resurrection spells belongs to druids.
Sometimes I wonder why I actually have mana, but in the next moment I think of all the mages who are constantly fishing or eating *smiling*.
Serious druids are more than dumb herb-collectors. They are wise men who live in harmony with their surroundings and they have a special relation to life. They understand the nature, are able to interpret dreamsand finally know the secret of death. Thus they should be able to heal other people and of course to ressurect them. The ressurection spell should only be available to druids in my opiion.

Echnaton, Druid
Dax

A new thing

Post by Dax »

Great idea, again I never thought of that =)

Instead of making a priest type class... have it be druids "duh" the heal and ressurect and they make potions for the body and mind.. why didn't I think of that? "your an idiot Dax"
Anyhow I think it a great idea.
Captain Kirk

A new thing

Post by Captain Kirk »

Hallo

hmm
better dont let the power fighters cast and make pots
so we get less magic here
a piest class is good coz so we can get a paladin too

at this time druids shouldnt be able to ressurrect coz they earn enough money with the damn pots

a powerful mage (wizard ......) should always be able to ressurrect

maybe the dyin thing should be different for each race

Bye
Read ya
MfG

Capt. Kirk
Farlorn

A new thing

Post by Farlorn »

I thought about that dying thing and got another idea:

If you die, you could loose the weapons and armory you use and the things in your belt, perhaps a percentage of your money, too... But if you carry a rare or unique item, it should not fall to the ground, but be reseted to the place you got it from, guarded by the Demon or something else. That would still be a hard penalty, but this way a PK cannot get rare things by sneaking up the Owner. But still there's the danger of being hunted by other players, just because you carry a rare item, and still PKing would be more attractive than it is now!

And then talking about the druids...
Sure, they can make lots of money with their potions, but if we say they shouldn't be Fighters and they shouldn't be heal, too, they would be of no use in a fight! You can manage things in Illarion without fighting, that's true, but it's hard to manage many things without being able to fight... and then fighting is a interesting thing... and also Druids in my opinion are inhabitants of the woods, so they should be able to fight the monsters there...
give them some offensive spells, too, or perhaps the explosive throwing potion ;)

Farlorn
Damien

A new thing

Post by Damien »

No kind of spell belongs to a different class. Only the ways they do magic varies. This results in different spell types.
So, a healer can use either magic or god's powers, or potions to heal and resurrect. Perhaps druids will find a magic potion, that, used on a dead body, resurrects the person too. Who knows ?
A priest's healing spell's power may belong to the God, too. A god of death and destruction may not like it, and reduce the effectivity for it. Common priests, who pray to all gods and not one specially, can have all priest spells at a same level. And mages, who don't need gods, must learn, and try rune combinations, instead of using one god-given fast spell, but they can choose which runes they prefer.
Alexander

A new thing

Post by Alexander »

how about a spell specifically for resurection which decreases the chance of lost skills. oh and me and a friend were talking about protection spells and why are there none?

(Edited by Alexander at 10:41 pm on May 9, 2001)
Raziel

A new thing

Post by Raziel »

I think protection spells would be good so Mages can fight ogers and have a chance of winning.
Coolandrew

A new thing

Post by Coolandrew »

yall are being weird, priests? sorry no thanks
Iori Yagami

A new thing

Post by Iori Yagami »

i think it is good that u lose skill, but i think it shouldnt exactly be skill, but the success rate should go down a bit. but the knowledge of the craft should stay.

if you reach a skill level enough to make a long axe (blacksmithing), and you die just after making one of those new items. then you should still know how to make the items you know. such as the long axe, but the success rate for the overall smithing goes down but can be restored after enough smithing of that object.