A small ranty post. As i feel like it

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Yet patric when she must kill someone all her flaws are tossed aside, she can see them perfectly to cast spells on them, she can hold her wand steadily when she needs to start casting and she can find the strength to chase people.

As per Keikans Attribute points
1... You simply don't have that
3... You have the crude basics
5... You are far below average
7... You are below average
9... You are average in this point
10.. You are average in this point
12.. You are slighly above average
14.. You are really good at this
16.. You are impressive in this point
18.. You are almost perfect

I simply won't play to this attributes, I made a character who is ment to be a warrior above all else. At the time if I thought that intelligence where somewhere along the lines effect any fighting skill I would have put in intelligence. As it is I put in skills only for fighting and won't roleplay him as retarded. My loss for not putting other attributes in is, i do not learn skills as fast and I cannot learn magic. That is enough.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:But warriors can forget essence, willpower and intelligence completly without any negatoive effects. they even complain and moan when a mage is able to beat them with their essence 1-3.

"oh no, that powerfull archmage can kill my essence and willpower 3 char! Thats unfair and unbalanced!"
Thats technical, which is what I think is balanced when it comes to attributes. Yes, warriors can forget essence and such because they cannot be a mage. You can forget strength because you cannot become a warrior.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

I cannot forget strength because strength, consti and dexterity have a great influence. with low strength she couldnt even wear her own cloth. she couldnt carry much stuff. with low dex she is forced to stay away from any trade. which technical disadvantages have warriors with low int, essence and willpower? none. and than they even complain once they have a technical disadvantage, see their moaning about the strength of mages.

And Stephen, perception 6 doesnt make her blind, it makes her eyesight bad. she still can see your char, she just has difficulties to see details. especially on great distances. i wouldnt say that 5-6 fields which are 5-6 metres are a great distance <_<. and a staff isnt heavy enough that she cant hold it with strength 5.

Stephen, EVERYONE learns skills at a low pace. and the effect of intelligence is near 0.
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I just told you we learn skills at a slower pace. So what are you complaining about, a mage has it rough?
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:I cannot forget strength because strength, consti and dexterity have a great influence. with low strength she couldnt even wear her own cloth. she couldnt carry much stuff. with low dex she is forced to stay away from any trade. which technical disadvantages have warriors with low int, essence and willpower? none. and than they even complain once they have a technical disadvantage, see their moaning about the strength of mages.

And Stephen, perception 6 doesnt make her blind, it makes her eyesight bad. she still can see your char, she just has difficulties to see details.

All you have mentioned are technical disadvantages. Intel. effects how fast you can learn things as well.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Its effect on learning is as good as not existing. they made its influence too weak and unimportant.

but the difference between strength, dex or consti 5 and 15 is huge.
Thurbert~

Post by Thurbert~ »

Stephen, Samantha.

You two love each other dearly, now do you? :roll:
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Mission: Strengthen the economy between players!

How?

Reducing the gain you get when trading with a NPC merchant:
- Items which need more actions to create have to be more expansive
- The prices of items like weapons or armor need to be fitting to their ingame quality (e.g. the weapon's damage bonus)
- Maybe hidden multiplicators for item quality and condition, so a bad and rusty sword is only [normal price] * (([quality] + [condition])/2) = [actual price] worth (too much effort for server and bandwith?).

Adjusting skilling to make the players' wares better:
- Is the skill cap still active?
- To prevent powergamer maybe build in something like in WoW: After X hours you only get 1/2 experience, after 2X hours only 1/4.
- Skills should all in all work quite the same. If that is not possible, skills with more needed items and actions should be easier to learn.
- High-level-skilling should be easier resp. reducing the loss by death (I don't wanna train 2 weeks again after dying 1 time to get my skill back): Maybe a death should only lower the internal experience counter and not the actual skill (if the system still works that way)?