Where to Buy, How to make / Wo kaufen, Wie herstellen

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

You need a (do NOT laugh :wink: ) spoon for this.
Olar Dessautus

Post by Olar Dessautus »

Estralis Seborian wrote:(do NOT laugh :wink: )
Only becuase you say so. :shock:
Llama

Post by Llama »

Question : What is the use of staff handles? they are the first things that can be made in carpentry; and staffs are a whole new section...

No-one seems to be able to make heads...
Galim

Post by Galim »

the best smithes on the isle aren't true masters yet, so wait until they are. who knows what else they will be able to smith once they are better.
Llama

Post by Llama »

But WHAT possibly be attached to staff handles? WHen there is another staff section below which makes everything from Staffs with blades to staff for mages??

It would be ironic that the best smith masters require even newbies to make the staff handles...

Is this a bug?
Thalodos Artemetus

Post by Thalodos Artemetus »

how to you grow wheat? and cabbages?
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Remember how it went "old-style"? It is the same really. My halfling grows fields of wheat.
Thalodos Artemetus

lol, none of my old chars farmed.. so i still have little idea.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

You have the grain in your belt (my belt has a secret storage..OMG). You shiftclick on grain, shiftclick on farmland, and a chance, based on yoru peasantry skill, determines wether you plant or not. In which case you would get a green patch if you plant, and nothing if not!
Thalodos Artemetus

hmm.. grain.. looks like a bundle of straw right? I've tried it but it doesn't seem to be working.. not even a message

edit: nvmd just worked it out, thanks misjbar.
Strokend

Post by Strokend »

Misjbar wrote:You have the grain in your belt (my belt has a secret storage..OMG). You shiftclick on grain, shiftclick on farmland, and a chance, based on yoru peasantry skill, determines wether you plant or not. In which case you would get a green patch if you plant, and nothing if not!
That 'secret storage' is actually your backpack, lol.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Thalodos Artemetus wrote:hmm.. grain.. looks like a bundle of straw right? I've tried it but it doesn't seem to be working.. not even a message

edit: nvmd just worked it out, thanks misjbar.
See, flails are your friend :D
Mirluin

Tailoring

Post by Mirluin »

My character is working to be a tailor and has made, quite literally, hundreds of grey cloaks without improving to be able to make anything else. I know that the dye process is not implemented yet, but are cloaks all that can be made? Am I wasting my time practicing ? I will concentrate on leather items if that is the case. Thanks!
Thalodos Artemetus

i hear yuo can dye clothes.. white i believe.
Mirluin

Post by Mirluin »

Thanks Thal, I can bleach cloth white by laying out in the sun, but then I can't actually make anything from the white cloth ...

I have switched over to working with leather for the most part and am beginning to advance.
Strokend

Quartz sand...

Post by Strokend »

How exactly to you get quartz sand in the desert?! I can't find any!!
Devrah Liioness

Post by Devrah Liioness »

I believe you shiftclick a shovel and then a patch of sand.
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

You have to dig in the right place. Ask in game.
Nandus

Post by Nandus »

You still have to dig at a specific place?
I thought now, while the herbs are growing everywhere the sand is everywhere in the desert too...
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

No Quartz sand is still only in certain areas....but there are a lot more places. And they are well marked. (thats the biggest hint you get... :wink: ).
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Dying and tailoring are in a rather sad shape at them moment. They are already improved on the test server, just wait a few days for the next update.
Gil'Dran

Post by Gil'Dran »

Okey, the new update have really messed up my smithing.. How in the name of the lords am i supposed to melt iron now?????? i hold crucible pincers at hand, and use crucible with furnace and a message comes up saying "you do not have the required tools at hand". I tried having both pincers and rucible in hands, but when i use the crucible, the menu is empty!! Must i face the furnace now?
Durin Silberbart

Post by Durin Silberbart »

you have now more work with melting iron... first you must light the furnace and hold the cruncible and the pincers in your hand. Then you must melt the iron. Now you must get the cruncible in your hand and the mould with the pincer and use them om the cruncible. now you can make a ingod iron or a copper ingod or a gold ingod. You need for every ingod one peace of coal in your belt and a rock of ore of course. Dont ask me how to craft things from copper..... And the crafting of golden ingods seems not to work, because i cant fill the molten gold in the mold.

Another point is...if you have a failure at your attempt to craft an item...the raw materials will be lost. if you have 30 iron ingods and you have 5 fail attemps then by smithing an amor the ingods are lost and you has nothing. All the work before...mining..melting and so on are useless. Very funny...

Who melt me ingods? i pay 10 per ingod..but the amor which i sell cost now 5 000 copper...because i sell only quality and no trash....
Jori
Location: How do I know? Maybe I'm not where I htink I am. Or maybe I'm somewhere I think I'm not...

Post by Jori »

Where and how do you get uncut gems? And do you have to do different things for different gems?
Devrah Liioness

Post by Devrah Liioness »

Do apples and cherries have to be placed on farmland to turn into sprouts?
Mirluin

Tailoring

Post by Mirluin »

*enters with head hanging*

A small clue as to how to make all the new garments available on the tailoring submenus would be greatly appreciated - or how to use the dyer's wand if that's the direction I should be going.

I have been trying all sorts of different things and I haven't the slightest idea if I am even close. Are the old writings in the books in the libraries about dye correct - water over heat, with ash and all that?

~ one very frustrated needle-wielding tailor
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Rather than writing a documentation, I have started playing a character to provide knowlege like this in game. Hope to meet you there soon.
Farok

Post by Farok »

ehm what is a thread(that thing which is needed to crate a bow(übersetzung bitte)
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Yet another question:

It's highly appreciated that now if a carpenter tries to craft a plane, he gets the nice message "You do not have all required resources".

But a little hint on what to use to build one would be nice. (Yes, I want to kick the elf NPC vendor out of buisiness).

So far I've used:

(at the same time in my belt)
Conifer boards
dedious boards,
iron ingots (both types)
cherry tree branches
and thread (don't ask why)

But there must be some other trick behind it,
or is it not possible to craft a plane at the present time?