Lizards of The Land

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Post by Llama »

Brothers and Sisters, Children of Mother who bonded us together...

The amount on land has changed... I also notice that many new lizards have walked to land; and have not yet given their names...

Even the council which discussed problems which could arise, seems to be half empty now.

I hearbye ask for all active lizards to write their names below...

((there is an empty gap for names))

Brother Selisidour
General Counciller of ZZyathis
Lapiz

Post by Lapiz »

With flowing handwriting and deep blue ink, a parchment out of some strange, very thin and very hard skin has been posted on the board.

Read this, all lizards of Gobiath. We must make something about this warfare going on between humans, dwarves, orcs and elves. I want to rally all of you together, give you personal training one by one in combat with a sword and how to parry. This is for your own protection, if war should start. I have rallied the lizards army of our great city beneath the sea and is ready to lay siege on the island if any of you should come to harm, to claim what's rightfully ours and to stop all killing. If you descide to heed this call, send me a falcon containing your answer.

General Teragriff, Commander of the lizardous army of the depths
Llama

Post by Llama »

Glad to know that a few of us are still around.

You I have met personally, oh General of the depths, and we are in great need of your assistance, speak to Mazrian for furthur details.

Moreover, if anyone wishes to train fighting unarmed, with claws... he or she may contact me

Brother Selisidour
Lapiz

Post by Lapiz »

A new letter is pinned to the board.

A base camp has been set up. My troops need rest from the trip here, and I need to gather resources if we are to stay. Housing a army of 200.000 soldiers is no easy thing. Ofcourse we brought food and equipment, but it won't last forever. I have made a list of the things needed and those gathered.

14 / 20.000 smoked hams
51 / 5.000 tanned leathers
68 / 10.000 reels of thread
0 / 15.000 decidous wooden boards
0 / 5.000 conifer wooden boards
0 / 30.000 iron ores
0 / 30.000 coal ores

I have allready found two willingly lizardmen who agreed to help me with the smoked ham and tanned leathers. I hope I will find more people to help us fill our storages. I have agreed to supply one with weapons, armor and ranks within our army as a reward to your kind help. If you have anything to support the war effort with, send me a message and I will see to it that we meet up and talk more.

In my current possession I have some weapons and armor to be distributed in exchange for favours.
Here is a list.

6 Snake swords
2 Horned helmets
1 Poisoned simple dagger
1 Pair of shoes

It seems I break alot of the swords we currently have in our armory, but I will ask for more to be made. Post if you want anything special to be made as an reward. I have also started a treasury for us.

Current coin count in the Treasury: 2 silver 26 copper

Last edited by Lapiz on Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Another is around. I would very much like to meet you Brother Selisidour.

~Kess
Llama

Post by Llama »

The meetign will take place when Mother wills it.

I am hoping she will decide soon

Welcome to the land

Brother Selisidour
Zakran

Post by Zakran »

I should be happy when i could join you all.
I have readed some of the notes here and I would like to join.

And I want to say that there is standing: "We must make something about this warfare going on between humans, dwarves, orcs and elves."

The most elves want to stay out of that, I have some elven friends...

-Zakran-
Lapiz

Post by Lapiz »

If a war between dwarves, humans and orcs should come into the question elves will be dragged into it sooner or later. An elf tried to rob me yesterday, and I search for this elf. If he is found, I want his head. He looks something like (1123*****).

I require a meeting between all lizards. Do this sunday, 8 o'clock sound good to you? At lake Aldron to the west of Troll's Bane.

Send me a letter if you cannot come.

Zakran

Post by Zakran »

Well, thats is your way of thinking....

But when I'm allowed; I still want to join, and I will try to be there then..

-Zakran-
Llama

Post by Llama »

Terragrif, my brother

You can't expect to be able to draw the lizards towards one meeting place at a time. This group is aimed at looking after our rights, we shall not go to war unless totally necessary. ((time in OOC, which timezone?))

Zakran; if you are Mother's creation, than it is good that you seek others of your kind, welcome.

Brother Selisidour
Zakran

Post by Zakran »

Thank you Brother Selisidour, I am happy that I have found other lizard's.

-Zakran-
Lapiz

Post by Lapiz »

I seek to talk to you all, nothing more. if this time is not fitting for you, then perhaps another time shall be set up. (( GMT+1 (CET) ))

Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

I shall do my best to come.

~Kess
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

I am willing to take up claws for our people also I am a carpenter so I shall be more than happy to cut as much wood as needed for our cause.
I ask what is more important as of now conifer or decidous?
Lapiz

Post by Lapiz »

Both are of highest need. Decidous to create bows and arrows, conifer for creating shields and military buildings. I will meet you up once you think you have collected enough and reward you for the work.

Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

A small boy can be seen running up to the board and pinning a note, not bothered about the strange lizard letters or specks of blood which lay upon the paper

Perhaps I shall come to this meeting, although I doubt i will make it.

-Mazrian
Zakran

Post by Zakran »

I'm not so long on the island, and I have been robbed of my money.
I will be happy when some of you can learn me something, a kind of a job. Then I can do something too with the things a learned to help you us.

-Zakran-
Lapiz

Post by Lapiz »

I am sorry I could not attend to the meeting. I was called back for a briefing at our underwater city this very morning. I had no time to post an excuse and thus I will arrange another meeting. Saturday, next week, same time.

Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Maybe you should show us some of this army befor we help fund it? Not that I do not trust you, I just like to know what I am supporting.

Kess
Llama

Post by Llama »

Give us a name or description of the burglar, and we shall deal with him ourselves.

Brother Selisidour
Dain Ironfoot

Post by Dain Ironfoot »

A note is underneath the boards written in Lizard tongue

Brothers and sisters, I may be returning. My journey has been long and hard.
I hope to see you all soon.

Ssraniath.
There is 1 hole made by a claw curving under the name
((Re-making him now, Can someone PM me some decent Attributes?))
Dain Ironfoot

Post by Dain Ironfoot »

Ssraniath comes to the board hissing

Brothers and Sisters!

I am back! I plan on being a druid...To heal you in your time of need!

Ssraniath!
Sess'sth

Post by Sess'sth »

Below is a scratchy series of letters, written in the common tongue.

Lizards:

I see few of you around these days. Do the Lizards of the Land live on, or has the order fallen silent? If you have not become innactive like countless before you, I've a proposal for you:

I have different beliefs than you, my bretheren. But I am still of the same race, of the same people as yourselves. The landlings which you hate and fear seem to have accepted me as one of them; few have still kept a bond many years old from the last times I set foot upon the isle. After many years of being one of few lizards in Trollsbane, I've adapted to speaking the common tonque quite well - but I speak the language of our people perfectly fine. Therefore, if you've need for another emissary, I would be happy to take such a position; I think it would be... interesting to become somewhat of a diplomat. I've not had the chance to stroll far from Trollsbane since my... return, and soon I shall visit these great ruins that you've called home. I've abandoned the ways of the sword for the time being and have become a carpenter and archer. If you have use for my abilities as well as the need of an ambassador to represent our people toward the landlings, I would be proud to take such positions in this order. Anything for my fellow lizardmen. Also, I would like to propose a meeting with every member of the Lizards of the Land, so I may see who exactly it is that I deal with. I hope your tongues have not fallen silent, it seems every lizard 'guild' has had such ill fates befelled upon them.

/|\Sess'sth\|/
-The Red One-
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Fool

The message is written in lizard and unsighned
Sess'sth

Post by Sess'sth »

Below is yet another scratchy series of letters, written in the lizard tongue this time.

Lizards:

Few of you remain in the open. But many more hide. This must end.

The elves have their Vanima. The dwarves have their Silverbrand. The halflings have their Greenbriar, the orcs their caves by Varshikar. And the humans are the majority in Trollsbane and Varshikar. But what of us? What of the lizardmen?

Time and time again, the lizards of these lands have attempted to begin construction of a town for themselves. Time and time again, we've failed. And why have we failed? Because, my bretheren, we are too few. I have spoken with Mazrian the farmer, and he said that our people don't need help to build a town. Yet nothing is being built. We must gather help from all peoples, for the hardest work will be our responsibility. The landlings are needed for their vast amounts of resources, but most of the building must be our work, seeing that the city will be underwater. I have spoken to Governor Rothman of Trollsbane, and he agrees it would be a grand idea for lizards to build their own city off the coast of Gobiath. He offered to help us, brothers! You all know we need his help and others', despite what trials and tribulations we have faced in the past. We must set aside our selfish pride for now, and gather what we can from the landlings to aid us. I wish to meet with you all, fellow lizards, in a great meeting. Mazrian and I have spoken a bit of such a lizard city, but two lizards should not make the choices for all! Today we are outnumbered, we are few. But a lizard city will draw more of our people to the isle - we will become a force to be reckoned with! Bring back the glory of our people, my brothers. Contact me as soon as you can, either by replying to this message, sending me a dove, or finding me in Trollsbane. A meeting must take place, should we want to gather the strength necessary for this vision.

/|\Sess'sth\|/
-The Red One-
Llama

Post by Llama »

Brother, our golden age was passed...

We were not enough to build the city, yet we have our city still.

Mother had blessed us with a human city, half drowning... and we still have our lands.

Our lands are what the fools call "the Hug of Sirani" to the east of Trollsbane. Also, to the direct north, over its waters; there is a city half sunk.. that is ours.

There are plans for a city, they are stored in a chest there.. and if you look for them, you shall find the plans me and Mazrian had designed.

Brother Selisidour
Mazrian

Post by Mazrian »

*A weak lizard steps toward the board, he pins something up and shambles away*

Brothers,

Zzyathis was formed around the idea that we are a minority, that we are the ones who most need to band together. It is our duty protect each other from the prejudices which surround us. For this we need active councillers who will be here, there is no use of us banding under a banner which no longer means anything, does anything. Zzyathis has produced great things in the past, yet we can do so much more! Any counciller who does not contact me before the meeting, or doesn't arrive, should consider their title as counciller revoked. We shall not fall into inactivity just because we are afraid to take action!

These are not the rantings of a single mad-lizard, I call this meeting due to the unwillingness to take charge of others.

A meeting for all lizard-kind shall take place upon ((tuesday 4th July, 10:30pm gmt 4:30pm cet)). We shall meet at the south-east of lake Adron, inside Trolls-Banes walls ( for those who do not know where this is, it is just to the north of Trolls' Banes south-west gate) . We shall then move to somewhere more suitable.

-Mazrian
Counciller of Zzyathis
Last edited by Mazrian on Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Someone has pinned something to this board, it seems to be a white cloak with the symbol of the white flame upon it, yet it is dripping with blood, tears and pieces of bone; the blood can be identified as being lizard blood
swish1

I wish to join

Post by swish1 »

I am Ssafar Zakarrr. (( i am new )) I wish to come to this place.
Please if I may know directions.
By the way I am training to be a knight.
But I shall have no problem protecting now.
I am only training.
I am not really strong or powerful.
However, I shall give my life if needed for this.
I shall try my best.

-Ssafar Zakarrr
Mazrian

Post by Mazrian »

(( The date has been changed to one day before initially set. It is now Tuesday the 4th ))