Legends Of Illarion will be released on: April 9th, 2009

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Deuce wrote:it's not 'legends' of Illarion unless Deuce is in someway involved.

Sorry.
Sorry, I think your thinking about the wrong thread. The thread your looking for must be "Legendary n00bs of Illarion." :wink:
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Julius wrote:
Deuce wrote:it's not 'legends' of Illarion unless Deuce is in someway involved.

Sorry.
Sorry, I think your thinking about the wrong thread. The thread your looking for must be "Legendary n00bs of Illarion." :wink:
Oh yeah! That must be the sequel. You know the one with Deuce, Julius, Kallahorn and the rest of the scumy characters that make Illarion crap for others to play!.. The new generation that made the old players high-tail it out of here!

Yeah, that one :wink:
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Touché.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Roll up roll up!

Which will be unveiled first:

A) Legends of Illarion
B) The Druid system

Place yer bets please...

Legends of Illarion, things with "system" "forever" "oblivion" "fallout" "daikatana" and "space" tend to get delayed.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Does anybody know how, if possible, to extract the resources of the current Java Client, the same way how you could use Reshack on the old client?

If not, does anybody happen to have the graphics, for either the current or any old clients, of the Hand Cursor, Sword Cursor, Wand Cursor, Counter Arrow, Mana/Health Bar, and the Text Box Background/Pattern?

I do remember seeing some of those for the old client using Reshack, except for the Bars and the Text Box, which I couldn't find because there were so many folders and filenames to search, most of which were named in German.

Also, what is font used for the word "Illarion" on the top of the main page?
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

I smell a user interface delay...
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I have the stuff you need I guess. And I've added you in MSN. Contact me if you can ;-)
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

I have a few MP3s and midis for which I need to double the volume for. Anybody here uses some kind of music editing program that can do this for me?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I can do that but I'd need it fast because I get my new computer (Well actually, I already built my computer yesterday but the processor hasn't arrived yet) on Tuesday and my brother has the installation discs for my music editing program, which I'll probably forget about.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Not much to update, just an irrelevant little story here.

I was re-doing some stuff for the LOI intro, and I had to search for my old rpg forum posts for some info. Anyways, while searching, I got distracted at looking at some of my old stories instead. I was suddenly amazed at how many important little stories about Dyluck I had completely forgotten about, and surprised that I never made any reference to them at all in LOI. I guess my memories contains mostly in-game experiences, even though a lot of important board work contributed to the development of Dyluck's image to others. I also left a lot of stories unfinished or incomplete, and I suppose they could be used again or should be mentioned and tied up, but oh well, there's no time to fit them into LOI now.

I was also surprised to remember how well I used to write, but how I never use that talent anymore. But I also realized a bad thing was that I had so many side stories that were all over the place, and even though they were connected to each other or other ingame events, I usually only imply the connection in a very subtle way, that I realize now a lot of people probably didn't see the connection or the reference. It's too bad though, cause I really loved to imply references to the history or in-game features and stuff. For example, when Green Potion and Lev Pen spell were introduced, I had a story that implied the history of its origin. Also, I sometimes liked to create rumors about rare items in circulation by mentioning a made-up item within a list of actual rare items during a story.

Anyways, I just suddenly felt like telling about it. Don't go searching my old stories or anything. Some of them were really good, but looking back, some were also way too corny and over the top (can't believe I once had someone go back in time to give me a warning!). Also, when I am finished with LOI someday, I will probably write a series of long ramblings detailing how the plot of LOI was influenced and created by modifying my original background story of Dyluck and combining it without another major side story I was working on and stuff.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

I feel like Dyluck isn't working on anything, just trolling us and next April's Fool will be the announcement that there is no such thing as LOI. :lol:
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Lifewonder, Dyluck is not designing Duke Nuken Forever.

Hey Dyluck, wheres the rooftop sniper sidequest?!
Kundra

Post by Kundra »

Whatever happened to Dyluck anyway... And if he's not somehow dead by now, then why doesn't he come back :P

OH NOES I GUESS ILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT FURR THA GAAAMMEE!!!

*Screams*
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Didn't Dyluck get fatally wounded at the mana well?

Oh wait, that was Badmosche.... :/

What DID happen to Dyluck?

Well the ending of the game tell us?!

WILL WE KNOW THE ULTIMATE FATE OF MAGE MASTER DYLUCK?!
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

I think it's fair to say that Legends of Illarion is a legend of Illarion.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

@Lifewonder: Wellll those who were around 3 years ago got to play the first half already, but it's possible I haven't done any work since then. =)

@Returner: But I still don't know who the real sniper is, unless it's you. @@"

It's presumed that some higher force whisked Dyluck away to the Mainlands to fight bigger bad guys and thwart massive armies. :)
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Of course it was me!

I'd go search for him, someone would die

it was pretty obvious!
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

I was going to make a trailer to show some of the new battle graphics I've been working on recently, but as you know, I'm lazy, and my time would be better spent just working on the game, so instead here's a couple of screenshots.

ImageImage

Notice the textboxes have the same pattern as the forums' background, the sword cursor (although smaller and poorer quality), and the modified and shrunken food bar as a time guage. Also notice the examples of non-default RTP monsters, backdrops, battle animations, and battle characters. I didn't make any of this from "scratch" of course, but needless to say, putting them together is still a lot of work.

-Aragon's lost his power ranger outfit and got his green cape
-Damien's got his grey robes with "Order of the Grey Light" stitched on (just like his real life t-shirt)
-Sun Long, an example of some new playable heroes
-Korwin, I kept your red scarf thing, but I had to give you a new hair (quite stylish I might add).
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

*Removed
Last edited by Deuce on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

Deuce wrote:Come on... RPG maker 2003 isnt that complicated... The battle scenes are actually quite easy to put together...

Plus, isn't it rather hypocritical to have a main character named Aragon (LOTR ring a bell here?) and then complain about names rapidly in the another name to kill thread?... Plus I've been thinking and the halfing family in Bane and Briar 'Baggins' really interrupts my RP so again, this should be changed.

Aragon =/= Aragorn
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Aragon has played this game for years before you have and hes probably the single best priest of malachin in the history of this game. Who are you again?

Dyluck, does my sprite still look like duo from gundam wing and have his mental breakdown sidestory? If so, your my hero.

your my hero anyway, nobody else i know is dedicated enough to this game to make a competitively lengthy indie 2d rpg on mostly their own ability .
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

*Removed ignorant post*
Last edited by Deuce on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Well, when you make an rpg made of characters from Illa, you can name them whatever you like! Its his game and he can do with it as he wishes.
Julius

Post by Julius »

Make Julius a boss at the end with unlimited stats, plz.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

No Sean, I had to get rid of all the default sprites, including your "duo", but your story remains the same, and rest assured it won't be your only appearance.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

i wanna seeee
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

I'm extremely busy this month and the next little while with some RL happenings, but I will be back someday and surprise you all with a release date...
Damien

Post by Damien »

I still hope Damien gets some more effective things than the actual books somewhen... *g*
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

The only effective skill damien has had besides books and demon possesed smithing was the time he got a nasty spotted flu
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Kinda lost the excitement by now, sorry. :x