Alignments

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Azuros

Post by Azuros »

To say that the Salkamarian forces are the good guys because they're...well...from Salkamar is simply stupid.

Good and evil are based on the choices and actions you take, not where you're from, what your nationality is, or what your ancestors did.

The Salkamarian army invaded Trollsbane, and harmed defenseless civilians (the hospital). They haphazardly used catapults to launch flaming projectiles into the entire town when the defending army was stationed only at the gates, and the ones trying to avoid a fight were in the library and hospital.

Whether they won the war or not is irrelevant in an argument over whether they are good or evil, it is only relevant in an argument over whether they successfully conquered the land.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Just keep in mind that the Salkamaerians did not start the fighting part. At the end you can also see that the whole thing how it went is only a result of the first attack of Troll's Bane against their peaceful messangers.

So there is no real good or evil.

Salkamaerians are invaders :arrow: not good
This strange guild that is not the great alliance of what ever go against the law now and are lead by someone who initiated the attack against the peaceful messangers :arrow: not good at all

But as a matter of fact, good and bad is defined by those who won the fight. So it should be pretty clear who is the "bad guys" here. ;)

Nitram
Llama

Post by Llama »

Pellandria wrote:Salkamarian are obviously invaders..and invaders are, as much as I know, always and to every time considered bad...were the british good as they invaded India, where the americans good as they sluagthered thousand of indians, where the american good as they invaded Vietnam, iraq and hell knows which land will follow?
Where the british good when they invaded France in WW2?

Conquests and invasions where so common those days, that it hardly is a factor when almost everyone had a standing army. When Germany annexed poland it was 'bad', when britian owned half the world it was 'good'. Its just different times. Nowadays invasions are seen as predominantly bad, in the medieval period, it was a way of life.
"you just shoot and hope you hit something" does not really count, as a warfaring nation as salkamarian is, they should know how to use their equipment.
Catapults are not the most accurate weapon alive. They work using animal muscles, so if there's too much moisture, if it rains, if its too sunny, the weapon accuracy changes, we're not speaking about fireballs or cruise missles, we're talking about a giant arm lobbing rocks. That's about as inacurate as it gets.
I think we allready saw that logic is not really the best attribut of the salkamarians..with all the comannder lossing and still acting like nothing happend..
I'm sure that if Salkmaerians used logic, alex wouldn't have been 'banned from town' but rather hanged to show an example, and when they realise people amassing in Caelum, they raze it to the ground.

The lack of perma-death makes the whole thing a load of crap. Rebellion did not work unless you had the support of almost everyone, and in many cases it was only temporary until the army mashed your head in. And I've never heard of rebels changing the locks on another town (look, THAT'S an invasion too!) and living there. Otherwise they might as well sign their name on a list and give it to the prince.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

We are the good you are the evil. thats it.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Does it really matter? Good are the ones with the larger sticks.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Nitram wrote:Does it really matter? Good are the ones with the larger sticks.
Then I am defentally a good guy :)
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

You are "good" if your char agrees with the take-over of Trolls Bane by Salkamarian and works to help, "bad" if you don't help.

You are "good" if your char doesn't agree with the take-over of Trolls Bane by Salkamarian, and works to hinder it, "bad" if you help. :wink:
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

You are talking about Illarion-Characters and Illarion-Happenings.
Why are you in Off-Topic? Get out of here.

Moved to General.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Let me give ya an example:
For our allies, our clan and even the icedragon, Nordmark is the good one.
For the elves that got killed by Vigalf, Nordmark is evil.

It depends on the view of the person you ask.
Nordmark considers you guys as "idiots that will die soon. and they will die very soon if they are stupid enough to involve us into their rebellion"
You consider yourself as "Robin Hood like guys with a town with walls"

Just play the effing game!!

See ya IG
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I'm not sure anyone really views the group as "good" or "evil", but in fact, "annoying".
Llama

Post by Llama »

AlexRose wrote:I'm not sure anyone really views the group as "good" or "evil", but in fact, "annoying".
You should see the NPCs he scripted :P

Code: Select all

"Alexander Knight"->"Alexander is a hero amongst our men, do not talk bad about him or I WILL TAKE YOUR TONGUE!! *puts his hand on his sword handle* 
I'm not joking
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

ROFLMAO *Dies*

XDDDDDD
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
AlexRose wrote:I'm not sure anyone really views the group as "good" or "evil", but in fact, "annoying".
You should see the NPCs he scripted :P

Code: Select all

"Alexander Knight"->"Alexander is a hero amongst our men, do not talk bad about him or I WILL TAKE YOUR TONGUE!! *puts his hand on his sword handle* 
I'm not joking
No....no! That cant be! Please tell me that this is NOT true!!
orgis

Post by orgis »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Where the british good when they invaded France in WW2?
yup because they were getting it back for french who had given it up :P

enough with all this anyway, IG will shape your chars view on tings, if your reading other stuff such as this when one group is shouting "good!" and another "bad!" then you ooc can intertwine with the way you char will see things, so lets leave this and get Ig :)
Luca

Post by Luca »

just... lol
orgis

Post by orgis »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:"Alexander Knight"->"Alexander is a hero amongst our men, do not talk bad about him or I WILL TAKE YOUR TONGUE!! *puts his hand on his sword
Alex...
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Imagine if you said "Alexander Knight is a pretty cool guy" to that npc xDDDDDDDD

Even Swish would find this funny.
Deschiri Shayler

Post by Deschiri Shayler »

AlexRose wrote: "Alexander Knight is a pretty cool guy"
eh isn't Good or Evil and doesn't afraid of anything. ?
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Listen noobs. I am apparently part of the guild, I cant speak for anyone else, but Jeff isnt evil no matter what perspective you put on it. If he were, then sure as hell you would know about it, he sure wouldnt leave trollsbane alone. Think yourselves luckly I havent pk'd all your asses. Why have I not? Because Jeff isnt evil. Only chaotic - this I will agree. But this ignoramus, and half assed view that just because the history of illarion portrays salks to be good, doesnt mean in this case the are good. But then I'm not gonna go into paragraphs of detail as it wouldnt make a difference, because lets face it, anything a gm blesses his/ her hands upon is sacred and good. IMHO if anyone is evil its the bearers of fire, as it is clearly obvious that the evil of Darlok still controls the castle. Only noone gives a shit as the PO's this game don't want an oppinion, or to change anything really, unless a gm says "thats ok pal". I can't say I'm surprised that most agree with Dji and Nitram on this one, history repeats itself. Keep it in game lads.

Gawd, you people make me laugh. But not in a jokey way, in a way that makes you look like a clown.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Guys, watch out or Kugar might pk you, for real.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

As this turns more and more into some kind of spam-posting, I post the opinion of the char Ssar'ney:

"Zze Knight-human? Ssch... he zzinkss zzat doess lack faith, iss weak. And doess talk much. Sshould pray more, he doess zzink."

"Zze Ssalk-humanss? Ccha! Zzey are liarsss, are lazzy, lack faith! Talk about nonsssensse like 'tolerance'. Zzey sspread nozzing but death, unresst and heressy."

"Zze Rebelss? Zzey are not much better zzan zze Ssalk-humanss. But zzey resspect faith, sstrength. Sstill zzey fight for nonssensse like 'idealss', not zze Godss."
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:neutral..caothic neutral.. and a bit..miss leading..

"The Guardians of the Alliance has been set up to stop the decay of ancient records and to fight for freedom against the Tyranny of social hierarchy, for we believe that we as people should not judge others for their creed, colour or looks but unite as one." ya diiig? and no..i do not need to explain why i think you are caothic neutral and missleading....and just laughing it of will not make it better.

Well we needed a cover story :) We cany say "This guld has been made to kill the Prince and take back Trolls Bane and give it back to the people"
Alexander Knight

AlexRose wrote:
Alexander Knight wrote:
AlexRose wrote:I see your group as a group of chaotics who think they're doing good but the only thing they're really achieving is changing Will's locks to his own home without permission and generally bothering him.
Well better than anyone having a key aint it?
Actually, as I see it "anyone" does have a key, since it's a bunch of people I don't even know walking around with keys. Before the only people who had keys were members of Caelum. Y'know, people who were actually trusted and donated funds and materials.. yeah those guys who are locked out now if they come back.
I havent even got the key.. And its the same key to the front gate because Chris Ridgen locked me in XD
King Udan Trollbane

Post by King Udan Trollbane »

hay, I'm a good guy, because I'm on my side.
Alexander Knight

Nitram wrote:Just keep in mind that the Salkamaerians did not start the fighting part. At the end you can also see that the whole thing how it went is only a result of the first attack of Troll's Bane against their peaceful messangers.

So there is no real good or evil.

Salkamaerians are invaders :arrow: not good
This strange guild that is not the great alliance of what ever go against the law now and are lead by someone who initiated the attack against the peaceful messangers :arrow: not good at all

But as a matter of fact, good and bad is defined by those who won the fight. So it should be pretty clear who is the "bad guys" here. ;)

Nitram
Well i saw it as a sort of 300 role XD Me nd 2 other took care of the messangers
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Don't forget you're currently residing in a town whose members are associated with alliances with the ORIGINAL temple, blood magic, demon ressurections, slaughtering tb, murdering Siltaris, treason against Silverbrand's king and various unprovoked attacks on Grey Rose.
Alexander Knight

orgis wrote:
Hadrian_Abela wrote:"Alexander Knight"->"Alexander is a hero amongst our men, do not talk bad about him or I WILL TAKE YOUR TONGUE!! *puts his hand on his sword
Alex...
XD Well i needed something to immortalize myself somehow :) Could be worse, I could have a secret word and max out all my skills *Evil laugh*
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

AlexRose wrote:Guys, watch out or Kugar might pk you, for real.
You know it man. Plus my bro played Deuce, remember that nutcase? Well he's banned for life LOL, I dont think he understood the rules of the game. so...

Ya betta watch out... LOL.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Oh how is old Deuce doing? I used to hate him when he randomly ran into Caelum while I was afk, pked me and ran away, but since he killed Siltaris and stuff things were cool. :P
orgis

Post by orgis »

Alexander Knight wrote:
orgis wrote:
Alex...
XD Well i needed something to immortalize myself somehow :) Could be worse, I could have a secret word and max out all my skills *Evil laugh*
even "Alex is the lad that calls the meetings round here, he shouts and theres bound to be fun" Would have been easier on yourself but Alex is our hero!? :lol: