Skill gain by GMs?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Poots

Post by Poots »

@Aremeh, your as good as Salathe, who has been trainging since who knows when. I trained a ton in goldsmithing, yet I'm no master. I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm just saying you look like a powergamer just as much as he does

@Galahan

lifes not fair. this game isn't fair. if it were, nobody would get powered up because it would be unfair to the rest of the community. bad guys usually get the boost because they're the ones who need it. I have a feeling they're making Gort the new Dravish. us goody-two-shoes have been kicking their ass for ages. and now that the drow is down, we have no threat.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Galahan wrote:This is a serious problem though.

1. All the good guys never get skill gains. They just train themselves which is no fair for them to spend many hours and then GMs give someone that the trained to protect against skill gains.

2. Dodging is a skill that is very vital and can change the way of combat.

3. That drow could not succeed in beating Stephen and the good guys so now the gms are giving a already strong character a maxed skill. What's up with dat?

4. Doesn't it seem weird that someone just walks up one day and can beat everyone in town when the other day couldn't. Where's the rp in that?

5. It's unfair as hell because now he can beat one of Trolls Bane's strongest knights which is like almost as strong as Stephen.

6. My character has to work for his stats and not go begging to a gm.

I have spoken :D
1. Theres a million goodguys to a dozen bad guys. I think having them get some skills is fair (though not all even do, like me and a few others)

2. So is every other combat skill....

3. well cant say i agree with who they gave it to, so youve got that one..

4. You can all of a sudden not be able to learn if you train too much, wheres the rp in that?

5. Thats nic,e fi you need to, you have a million other good guys you can ask for help

6. I doubt he begged a gm for the stats.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

falco1029 wrote: 1. Theres a million goodguys to a dozen bad guys. I think having them get some skills is fair (though not all even do, like me and a few others)
There are also a million humans to about a dozen lizards. So? Why is there a need to balance it at all? Unless you are making the argument that the only way Illarion can be interesting is if there is some good vs evil crap going on?
Galahan

Post by Galahan »

Hey guys i'm not really saying anything about him being bad and getting stats. But i mean couldn't he just go train like everyone else?
Poots

Post by Poots »

Fooser wrote:
falco1029 wrote: 1. Theres a million goodguys to a dozen bad guys. I think having them get some skills is fair (though not all even do, like me and a few others)
There are also a million humans to about a dozen lizards. So? Why is there a need to balance it at all? Unless you are making the argument that the only way Illarion can be interesting is if there is some good vs evil crap going on?

where's the fun in roleplaying world peace?
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Honestly, this is PO stephen who leads the "good" guys. If there was a successful leader in the bad guy group, who could keep everyone interested. The bad guys could easily overpower the "good" guys. Because the "good" guys are in no way united, Tol Vanima would not help Trolls Bane, just as Trolls Bane would not help Varshikar.
So the myth that there is not enough bad guys to do anything, that is only a myth, there are plenty of bad guys, just not enough leaders in the bad guys group.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Where's the fun in constant lame attempts at good vs. evil when there is so many other things to do?

I don't even know what happened here, but saying in general- there is a lot of OOC interference going on, and if you think it actually helps, than you should take a look around.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Fooser wrote:
Having there be elss lizards doesnt make them hard to play. And if it did, im sure theyd get help. But bad guys are at a disadvantage with all of these heroes and such around that are too strong for any thief to take on, sinc eif they try attacking with a group, even more good guys will come,s and will 99 out of 100 times easily outnumber them. Therefore its fair that they get help
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

What heroes are you talking about?

Should any disadvantaged group start gettings random buffs now?
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Garett Gwenour wrote:Honestly, this is PO stephen who leads the "good" guys. If there was a successful leader in the bad guy group, who could keep everyone interested. The bad guys could easily overpower the "good" guys. Because the "good" guys are in no way united, Tol Vanima would not help Trolls Bane, just as Trolls Bane would not help Varshikar.
So the myth that there is not enough bad guys to do anything, that is only a myth, there are plenty of bad guys, just not enough leaders in the bad guys group.
My thief tends to get to know some of the bad guys, but not many stick around, probably becaus eits tough. To be honest, he was gonan start a thieve's guild if he could find people besides him and sebastian :P. Well there is that shadows board account, but he never met Cris ingame, or hlped himat all like he was gonna...

EDIT: Um, Z or zalhya, something liek that, thats what he was called...
Poots

Post by Poots »

wow fooser, I guess that's all a matter of opinion. but I'm sure most of the community agrees with me. think about it:

world peace= nobad guys, no need for walls, no government, almost no combat in general, a bunch of merchants just getting richer and richer.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Fooser wrote:What heroes are you talking about?

name some other disadvantages groups than bad guys. And the heroes being any good guy with time to train their fighting skill or in some cases, their magic)
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Assuming that conflicts are just good vs evil is not true. And I don't see how you can even come close to saying world peace anyways, when there have been multiple orc wars, undead wars, lich wars, natural disasters, etc.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Being a bad guy has disadvantages, like in RL, end. Its not any RP logic do they get super powered, if you play a bad guy you need to accept that you may get killed. What about we push Cris and make him stronger than Stephen and Salathe so that he has a chance agaisnt good guys? thats utterly stupid, as well as HE gets pushed, and only he, the others "bag guy" are still the same
Last edited by Arameh on Tue May 23, 2006 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

falco1029 wrote:

name some other disadvantages groups than bad guys. And the heroes being any good guy with time to train their fighting skill or in some cases, their magic)
I'll go out on a limb and say that Trollsbane is disadvantaged. Yup, let's see Stephen, Arameh, maybe Revlen and a couple guards that haven't been around a lot. Wow, omg so many heroes!!1
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

OOOK here guys according to old client here are gorts fighting skills and level...I know this will pet me pwned.

Dodge-49
Parry-239
Conc. weapons-214
tactics-115
slashing/distance/puncure-(below 100)
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Fooser wrote:Assuming that conflicts are just good vs evil is not true. And I don't see how you can even come close to saying world peace anyways, when there have been multiple orc wars, undead wars, lich wars, natural disasters, etc.
I remember a couple of the times when orcs attacked trolsbane and were les sin numbers gms spawned orc npcs and spiders to help them. And im sure its been done for other wars and such too.Next argument?
Last edited by falco1029 on Tue May 23, 2006 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poots

Post by Poots »

notice how they're pushing leaders, so that they can lead and keep the bad guys alive.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Gort Greegog wrote:OOOK here guys according to old client here are gorts fighting skills and level...I know this will pet me pwned.

Dodge-49
Parry-239
Conc. weapons-214
tactics-115
slashing/distance/puncure-(below 100)
Then why do you dodge 10x more than anyone? I have about the same dodge and Arameh never ever dodged. There's something wrecked
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Fooser wrote:
falco1029 wrote:

I'll go out on a limb and say that Trollsbane is disadvantaged. Yup, let's see Stephen, Arameh, maybe Revlen and a couple guards that haven't been around a lot. Wow, omg so many heroes!!1
Disadvantaged compared to who?

And there are many other fgihters with good skills and that will attack thieves and the like on sight.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

falco1029 wrote:
Fooser wrote:
falco1029 wrote:name some other disadvantages groups than bad guys. And the heroes being any good guy with time to train their fighting skill or in some cases, their magic)

And there are many other fgihters with good skills and that will attack thieves and the like on sight.
Like in RL?
Poots

Post by Poots »

lol, if that's true, imagine a fully yellow dodge! that would be uber cool.
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

Bad guys needa live to! and no leader pushing is happening that entire forum PO Stephen wrote/made was dumb and forced a gm to do somthing hey didnt want to do. Grow up..every quest is forced rp and damnit this game is for fun....
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I dont find it fun when I get fucked by an orc that comes in the shop, ignoring 2 great fighters because he knows he can dodge every fucking hits.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Arameh_ wrote:
falco1029 wrote:
Fooser wrote: I'll go out on a limb and say that Trollsbane is disadvantaged. Yup, let's see Stephen, Arameh, maybe Revlen and a couple guards that haven't been around a lot. Wow, omg so many heroes!!1

Like in RL?
Im prett y sure that in rl not everyone carries a weapon and has xray eyes to see whenever a thief or conman gets money....
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Gort Greegog wrote:Bad guys needa live to! and no leader pushing is happening that entire forum PO Stephen wrote/made was dumb and forced a gm to do somthing hey didnt want to do. Grow up..every quest is forced rp and damnit this game is for fun....
And only certain bad guys? It isnt even fair to the other bad guys
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

How long are you expecting a theif to live? If someone notices a theif, and that their possessions are in danger, you want them to ignore that? Bad guys by nature live on the edge, and are usually in high risk situations.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Arameh_ wrote:
Gort Greegog wrote:Bad guys needa live to! and no leader pushing is happening that entire forum PO Stephen wrote/made was dumb and forced a gm to do somthing hey didnt want to do. Grow up..every quest is forced rp and damnit this game is for fun....
And only certain bad guys? It isnt even fair to the other bad guys
yeah that much is true :(
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

I dont know why i ever bother argueing on these boards.

All i really have to say is that most of you people need to stop bitching when you cant win.

And that Arameh, you should not have logged out, and then posted publically and call out gort, saying his skills are all BS and that he was pushed all the way to max dodge. This is the worst way to go about this.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

falco1029 wrote:
Arameh_ wrote:
falco1029 wrote:Disadvantaged compared to who?

Like in RL?
Im prett y sure that in rl not everyone carries a weapon and has xray eyes to see whenever a thief or conman gets money....
Most good fighters trained alot, which means they been ig a lot, which means they arent noobish (most of them), unless the only thing they did was pging.