Varshikar Magery Academy

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

VMA

Post by VMA »

Collection totals have been updated.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

I would like to thank all the noble men and woman of this academy for the great achievements they have accomplished.
To give selflessly is an act of great pride, and an act which has not gone un-noticed. Until a druid of note can be found i gladly offer the aid which i can give to any whom wish to learn this art, as an art it is.

I would be pleased to negotiate with the Druids of the Woods on the behalf of the academy to find more worthwhile teachers than myself, i would also like to soon dedicate land to those of this academy to give them a secure place of study and the means to follow thier Goals.

Ari§teaus of Varshikar
VMA

Post by VMA »

Collection totals have been updated.
Thank you all for your contributions please keep up the good work.
We are still far short of what we need for repairs and expansion in Varshikar. Especially in gold. All members please devote a few minutes while practicing your chosen crafts to produce some extra items to sell on behalf of the Academy. We need to be able to pay the builders when we have collected the resources. Thank you.
Byron

Post by Byron »

Im now out of the guild. Im sure Ceigan will teach me, the troll way.

edit: del pic
greets from Mod
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

Jeremy rips the bottom half of Byrons parchment off and incinerates it with a snap of his fingers.
((please edit the picture from your post))

Jeremy hurriedly writes a quick note and pins it onto the bottom of Byrons note.

You were never actually accepted into the Academy. Due to your temper and attitude you were being assessed for membership. We tried to prepare you for the training ahead but you refused to listen. We cannot teach you if you are not ready to learn. We will reassess you at a later time if you still wish to be trained. Good luck.

Jeremy
Byron

Post by Byron »

No. Im never being trained by such a fool as yourself. I tried, you gave me... 1 day to fix a lifetime of habbits and anger? I am an ORC not a puppet such as marie.

If you think you are ready to call yourself smart, and understandable, then give me a dove. But as of now. Im not interested in being tutored by you.

edit: del pic and ooc
greets Mod
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

From the way you act, it's no wonder you're having trouble getting a magic teacher. You're probably too stupid to learn magic.

The note is left unsigned, but the handwriting is very small and cramped, even though there is plenty of room on the paper.

edit: del ooc
Greets Mod
VMA

Post by VMA »

Collection totals updated.

New services have been added to the Guidelines. All members please reread the guidelines. Any questions please contact Jeremy.
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

After recent events things have gotten a bit out of hand.
My illness has put me out of action for a few days. Now, apart from lost memories, I feel better than ever and will begin to put things back in order. The Academy is still in existence and will be recruiting again shortly.
All existing members please contact myself as soon as possible so that we know who is still enrolled.
All prospective new students please keep an eye on this board for updates. If you are not yet a Citizen of Varshikar you need to arrange this first. The one month wait is still in effect, so the sooner you arrange your citizenship the sooner you can join the Academy.

Jeremy
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

All VMA members please send a dove to myself detailling your current situation/status.
If you no longer wish to be a member of the Academy please advise me so your name can be removed from the Roll. Thank you.

Jeremy
VMA

Post by VMA »

The rebuilding has commenced once more in Varshikar.
The Academy will begin recruiting very soon. However the one month waiting period is still in effect. Anyone wishing to join the Academy should read the rules of the Academy and arrange their citizenship of Varshikar now.
All Academy members are advised to reread the rules also. Check the board frequently for updates. Remember your duties and responsibilities as a member of the Academy. Our home and people need our help and loyalty more than ever at this time.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Head of The Varshikar Magery Academy
Acting Forester of Varshikar
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Marie Tolong has been assigned the post of Deputy Head of the Academy.

Jeremy Willowbrook
VMA

Post by VMA »

Please note the waiting time for new citizens wishing to apply to join the Academy has been reduced to 2 weeks.

Anyone wishing to join the Academy please contact Jeremy Willowbrook or Marie Tolong as soon as possible.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Announcing, all members of the Varshikar magic Academy (i.e. Citizens of Varshikar) will recieve a discount on the purchase of Topaz and Bluestoned Gemmed rings once enrolled. the standing price for students will be 100 copper each.

Athian Corulas
Steward of Varshikar
local goldsmith
Llama

Post by Llama »

A small message hangs into the board

If the owner wishes to purchase staffs which apparently have magical properties, please send me a dove... Maybe we can sort out a discount of some sort.

E.S.
Carpenter of the GCA
Rowena

Post by Rowena »

If thee could give me some time in your busy shedule I would wish to join up with this awesome sounding group. Also I wish to speak with you Athian in person, if I so may. Thank you for your time,

~Rowena~
Athian

Post by Athian »

i would be happy to speak to you in person Rowena, merely send me a dove that i might make time to meet with you. i'm happy to see your interest in the Academy and in Varshikar and i look forward to speaking with you in person once more

Athian Corulas
Steward of Varshikar
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Rowena,
Thank you for your interest in the Academy. Myself or Marie would be happy to meet with you to discuss your application. Please send a dove to arrage a suitable time, or simply waylay one of us around Trollsbane or Varshikar. We are always willing to spend time with those who wish to learn.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Head of The Varshikar Magery Academy.
Liles

Post by Liles »

I have a very important job needing doing. A box I own needs to be locked tight and I was wondering if anyone here could lock it with magic. Also the box would need to be sealed tight to perserve the contents

Liles
8th knight of Kallahorn
Will Elderberry

VMA

Post by Will Elderberry »

Excuse me, I think I'm in the VMA because I've already begun to be tutored by Marie. I also am a member of Varshikar. It's just that I'm not included on the VMA member list, and I was just wondering about it. Please can you clarify if I'm actually a member yet, and if I am, please can I be added to the member list.

Thanks,

William Elderberry.
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

William, the list will be updated shortly. You are currently on a probationary membership while you are being assessed. I will talk to you in person as soon as possible. In the meantime keep up your study with Marie. I understand you are making progress. Listen very carefully to everything Marie tells you. Learn your lessons well and you will soon achieve full membership.

Liles, firstly my apologies for taking so long to reply. Under the current conditions it is not possible to physically lock or seal an object. A ward could certainly be placed to prevent certain tamperings. It may also be possible to seal or lock an object with a ritual casting. But this will take time to research and complete. The casting could prove difficult and time consuming (if it is possible) and so would be quite expensive. Let me know if you wish me to proceed with investigations into the possibility of a ritual casting.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

William Elderberry is hereby suspended from the Academy until further notice.

Will,
I will be in contact with you shortly to discuss this matter.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Varshikari Ambassador
VMA

Post by VMA »

Some amendments have been made
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Due to the current situation the Academy will be operating from the Grey Refuge. Everything else remains the same and I will be in Varshikar from time to time.
Once the war is won we shall return fully to Varshikar.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

With immediate effect the VMA returns fully to Varshikar.
All members are advised to commence research into the following areas :-
Scrying Rituals - especially focused on seeing beyond our plane.
Rituals for opening and destroying portals - again focus on connection to other planes.

Note this is research only. Students are banned from practicing any rituals without prior permission from myself.

I will be spending most of my time at the library in Trollsbane for any who need to contact me, but will be unavailable for anything not of a serious nature.

For future reference. Should anything happen to me, Marie Tolong will take charge of the Academy.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Maliss

Post by Maliss »

I am not officially a member of the VMA how ever I believe I have some knowledge in these matters.
If you wish to it would be my honor to combine wisdoms with the members of the VMA.
As I am so I remain
M.Melchore of varshikar
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Your help and knowledge would be gratefully received. You may find you have other duties though.

Jeremy
VMA

Post by VMA »

Magic has returned, though not quite in the way we had hoped. The pattern has settled as it has and we must work with that as best we can. Despite this disappointment the VMA will continue.
The Archmages of Lor-Angur have kindly agreed to teach members of the VMA. Naturally you are free to leave the VMA should you wish and train directly under the Archmages. All wishing to remain within the VMA will be advanced to the rank of Novice and will continue to be assessed by the VMA for further advancements. All VMA members should apply to the Archmages for training as they may wish to assess your suitability for their way. Ensure that you inform them you are a member of the VMA.
Collect your Novice robes from Marie or myself and wear them with pride. Remember you are Varshikari. Remember you are mages of the VMA. Conduct yourselves well and uphold the name and reputation of our Academy and our home.
.Rhiannon.

Post by .Rhiannon. »

I would like to join the VMA, please.

Athian

Post by Athian »

My apologies miss Rhiannon, but i can not allow you to join the VMA, after speaking with several of your benefactors i have decided i would like the chance to teach you directly, of course we all must first learn the new paths of magics. Once accomplished weather you chose to join The VMA and continue your studies there, or join myself in trail i will leave to you.

Athian Corulas