The Knighthood of Eastmark

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sssari

Post by Sssari »

I only take heart in the fact I bared witness to your downfall.

-unsigned
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Hmm, I would presume that this event signs the cancellation of the treaty between my band and the Kallahorn? This is unfortunate indeed; and short lived. Well, I shall declare no man an enemy unless payed to do so, that is the way of the mercenary. I would request that you lay not a hand on Julius from this point on though, as he is still the member of one organization. I would surely be dissapointed if a good sword arm was bruised through rashness devoid of negotiation. I bid you all well then, and hope that my neutral actions have not awarded me any enemies.

Slazf Kruvkva,
Leader of the Grovestrider mercenaries
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Greetings Dain Laiden and your followers,

In the following message I shall write down my thoughts on the land of Kallahorn. Personally, Dain Laiden, I'm pretty sure I shall be ruthlessly attacked for these words.

Through a bit of research, I have found that you infact hold no legal or rightful claims to the land of Kallahorn. It is summed up in this contract below that we agreed upon with the Knighthood of Gobaith some months back.
The Knights of Gobaith have signed to this contract with the Crimson of the Wolf and the human Dain Laden and have accepted to the following terms:

- The ruins of the Keep of Kallahorn and the land that was previously in possession of the knighthood shall be given to the Crimson of the Wolf and the human Dain Laden once the pay from both subjects have been made, and all involved subjects have signed this contract.

- Julius Rothman is to pay a gold coin (hundred silvers equivalent) to the knighthood.

- Dain Laden is to pay a gold coin (hundred silvers equivalent) to the knighthood.

- The Knighthood of Gobaith and the Order of the Crimson Wolf, in present and future form and name, shall remain at peace, except in the name of justice and defense of the isle, for ten years, that is till the 1st of Elos Year 34.

- In cases in which the peace is broken for the sake of justice and defense, strict responsibility will be taken upon the offending parties and will be dealt with accordingly.

Signed,
Jorokar Sladrir, Knight of Gobaith.
Dantagon Marescot, Knight of Gobaith.
Ayla To'Lorn, Knight of Gobaith.

Signed,
Julius Rothman, Hierarch of the Order of the Crimson Wolf

Signed,
~Dain~Laiden~
If you look at the "map" I have drawn, precisely the words in bold, you shall see that it says YOU, Dain Laiden, must pay a Gold Coin to the Knighthood. YOU never paid one single coin to the aforementioned Knighthood. You may ask Jorokar and Ayla if you want to deny this allegation. I sit in the tavern and gave them my one hundred silvers and I paid for your end of the bargain as well, with the understanding that one day I'd be paid back.

The contract above was ended before you ever paid any coin to me or the Knighthood. Therefore, the land would go to the one that paid. So, as you've said in the past few months that you "owned" this land, you've either been lying to yourself or being a fool as you've always have.

If this isn't enough information for you, Mister Laiden then lets go to another situation that will rejog your memory and show the isle, the builder, and Kallahorn who the true owner of the land is.
Lrmy wrote:I hereby leave Kallahorn but not my claims to the land.

Starling and Wolf also leave.

~Dain~Laiden~
This message is the one you wrote the day you cowardly turned and ran from your comrades. The ones that call me a impune dog and what ever else you've made them think. I've taken the time to bold the section that you need to read, Mister Laiden. After four months of "service" with you, I understand you are not the smartest man on this isle.

Through all your .. research and events leading up to ours, you must know that you need to be in a Guild to own land. When you said "I leave,", technically, the land was given back to the leader no matter what your message had said. Of course, you'll probably bat this back by saying "You left as well,". Nay, I left for three hours after you did. Therefore, when I came back I came back to MY land because I was the sole leader of Kallahorn.

As for this deed I supposedly signed. You asked for my share of the land, my 50%. I never signed a deed with just reasons, nor did I sign a deed at all. All I, Sir Laiden, remember is a Lizard's claws ripping through the bare flesh of my chest. If you think that's how you get business done, then by all means, go out and do that to every just land owner.

If the builder chooses to read and take your forged "deed" for the truth, the information above proves that I am still, a majority owner of the land.

A simple man? I think not.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Sole owner of the Kallahorn Land
Leader of the Knighthood of Kallahorn
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

A piece of the parchment has been moved below
- In cases in which the peace is broken for the sake of justice and defense, strict responsibility will be taken upon the offending parties and will be dealt with accordingly.
You have been romoved in the name of justice, and in the defense and welfare of everyone you belittle, and threaten constantly with war.

Secondly you have no proof, in that Dain did not pay you. Only allegations. Dain signed the contract, and it's strange how it is only 'now' that you claim he has no right at all... When you lead everyone to believe that Dain was 'infact' the co-owner with full rights.

Thirdly, saying that the fact you left was 'void' due to Dain leaving is just childish and as a claim wouldnt last a minute in a court... Seeing as ofcourse, you lead everyone to believe that he was the CO-OWNER.

I'm sure I will be awaiting an interesting response
~F.D.G
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Rukka stays here as mercenary, just notings.

-Rukka!
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

First, I left and re-joined. Ask any active member of Kallahorn from the last month if I was still in the guild.

Second, I kept all claims to the portion of land I owned.

Third, even if I didn't pay for the land, Julius has already proven he did for myself. He never challenged my name on the land before and my name was on the agreement to buy the land. Also note I paid two gold coins for the initial repairs to the keep. I would not have been able to do so unless the builder knew I owned the land. Julius, why would you even sign a document saying I paid a gold coin if you believed at the time I did not?

I have a guild to own the land with, thank you for the concern Julius.

Any member of Kallahorn wishing to follow Kallahorn under Julius's lead needs to write here and explain why.

((A point OOC:
Sir Julius Rothman smirks, signs a contract and walks off.
Lizard: Julius....
Sir Julius Rothman tosses it to him
This happened after Julius was clouded. So by Julius's Role Play Dain does have whatever deed there is that was signed by Julius.))
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

The whole knightood seems to be fighting. Each against each.
That wont be a solution for anyone.
I stay neutral and wont give my sword for any guild.

~A.Y.R.
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Nor shall I, unless appropriate pay is offered. Even then, a code of honor does apply.

-Slazf-
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Dain wrote:First, I left and re-joined. Ask any active member of Kallahorn from the last month if I was still in the guild.

Second, I kept all claims to the portion of land I owned.

Third, even if I didn't pay for the land, Julius has already proven he did for myself. He never challenged my name on the land before and my name was on the agreement to buy the land. Also note I paid two gold coins for the initial repairs to the keep. I would not have been able to do so unless the builder knew I owned the land. Julius, why would you even sign a document saying I paid a gold coin if you believed at the time I did not?

I have a guild to own the land with, thank you for the concern Julius.

Any member of Kallahorn wishing to follow Kallahorn under Julius's lead needs to write here and explain why.

((A point OOC:
Sir Julius Rothman smirks, signs a contract and walks off.
Lizard: Julius....
Sir Julius Rothman tosses it to him
This happened after Julius was clouded. So by Julius's Role Play Dain does have whatever deed there is that was signed by Julius.))
Did I debate your first point, Mister Laiden? Read through my parchment once more and you will see that I'm not debating the fact that you rejoined, I'm stating that once you left, the land was not yours. A man that is "guild less" can not own land. Therefore, when I rejoined the Knighthood the land would go back to me. By you leaving, you lost all rights to the land of Kallahorn.

Your second point was also destroyed and burned up with the parchment I posted earlier. You can't claim or own land without a guild.

As for your stupidity on your third point, I came under the understanding that I was to be reimbursed for the one gold coin that I paid out for your inactive arse. That never happened.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn

((OOC Note:

If you wish to get literal about it, you never #me picking up the parchment. Secondly, if you wish to debate the fact that the parchment magically flew towards Dain and "stuck" to him. You can't toss paper, it would have backfired and "stuck" to Jewls.

There was never a rped deed. Julius signed a "parchment".

As for this. If you want to lead a new resurrected Kallahorn, then do so. Make a new thread with your own writing (other words, don't use the things that I have spent time writing), your own members, and spend 3 months on the boards as I did to build.))
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Julius, if you want the land, ask for war, if not stay out of it.

~Dain~Laiden~
The Knights of Gobaith

Post by The Knights of Gobaith »

The Knights of Kallahorn has asked that the Knights of Gobaith state that the land of Kallahorn keep belongs to the knighthood of Kallahorn... Go figure... We could very well be picky and state that since it was Julius who paid both gold that the contract is null and still belongs to us, or we could complain about other things in the contract. But we shall leave such complex matters to scholars and those who have nothing better to do.

Since we are merely simple knights we will put this as simple as possible. It is stated in the contract that the ruins (which we hope have been fixed), is in possession of the Crimson Wolves and the human Dain Laden. Since the Crimson Wolves then became Kallahorn (who would have guessed that coming), the land belongs to Kallahorn and Dain Laden, who happens to be a member of Kallahorn. No where was it stated that the land belonged to Julius as Julius was the leader of the guild.

As far as we are conserned, when a fellow knight is kicked out, the decision is made by the other knights. As it appears, there are three knights other than Julius and two definately voted him out. It was a majority rule. Since the land is in possession Kallahorn and Dain Laden, and Julius is no longer a member of Kallahorn, he holds no claim over the land. The land of Kallahorn keep and the surrounding area therefore belongs to the knighthood of Kallahorn.

We hope that this answer proves to be satisfactory as we are not interested in the internal matters of Kallahorn. We only hope that the latter part of the document shall be observed. In return we asked for peace between our two knighthoods for 10 years. I believe the men and women of the Nordmark have pointed it out the best. You do your thing, we'll do ours, and let's just leave each other be.

Enjoy your land,
Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Julius

Post by Julius »

I'd rather not debate your stupidity openly on the boards. As I've told Dain, I've battled back several of your points on my previous messages. It is not up to you, I, or Mister Laiden to decide who owns the land. I shall present my items and legal documents in front of Lorian and we shall see who owns the land from there.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Leader of the Knighthood, not the "Temple"
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Dantagon, I would ask if the Knighthood of Gobaith will recognize myself, Dain Laiden as the sole owner of the land that Kallahorn rests on. Julius is kicked out of Kallahorn and banned from it's lands. He has no protection from anyone and should be jailed. I hope with this we can find some peace between the two groups now that Julius is gone.

~Dain~Laiden~
We have made our reply to Dain as he has asked. We reconize Kallahorn has the owners of the land. The leaders of Kallahorn are Dain Laiden, Deuce, and Evan Ross. Anything past that is an internal matter which we do not care to get into.

Also, Julius. Watch your words as you have come running to me once. I have been nice and do not apprechiate being called stupid. In all technicality, if you read the document closely, the terms were not properly kept, therefore we should still own the land. The two gold was not split between yourself and Dain, which would nullify the document and cause the land to still remain with us. However we haven't complained yet, have we? I suggest you intend to keep it that way as you two can battle over the land how ever you dang well please.

Dain's request has been answered, I would rather no one but Dain reply to my message past that.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Julius

Post by Julius »

Your honor fails to see what they did to take me from the Knighthood? They had no power to kick me from the Knighthood. When Dain Laiden left the Knighthood he was no longer the co - leader of Kallahorn. Even you for months have called me the "leader" so that my name would be tarnished. Now that Dain has "taken over" you've jumped to the temple's side to cause me harm.

Therefore, there is no way for him to kick me of the Knighthood that I paid for, shed blood for, spent my heart and soul for. The only way he "could" do this is by attacking and forcing me to sign a document? I don't think so, Mister "Knight". If you say that the Knighthood of Kallahorn owns the land, not only do you give it to me, you exclude the Temple and Dain from that ownership "deed".

So, aye, show the isle your great honor in siding with the temple and there blood lord Dain Laiden.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Julius wrote:I'd rather not debate your stupidity openly on the boards. As I've told Dain, I've battled back several of your points on my previous messages. It is not up to you, I, or Mister Laiden to decide who owns the land. I shall present my items and legal documents in front of Lorian and we shall see who owns the land from there.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Leader of the Knighthood, not the "Temple"
If they take it away from you by force you might aswell tear up those fancy documents you have, and shove them down your throat as a snack.
Or find other uses for them, there's a nice little place south of Trollsbane where the documents may find a better use yet...

If they take the land away from you by force and nobody else on the island complains, you being the loud, obnoxious and backstabbing person you are, as you have proven in the past, nothing's left to say realy rather than "You had it coming and you deserve it".

You can go cry to the builder all you want, they took it from you and are using it now. Nobody on this island will side with you on this so face it, this is your defeat. You're writing this fancy line of "True leader of Kallahorn" who or what is Kallahorn? Which members still support you? Nobody has complained about this yet save for you, so everyone is happy with what happened.

Now you might aswell suck it up and be glad they did not behead you and atleast spared your little life. You should retire and become a mercenary,
or a gladiator you've got the strenght in the arm for that kind of thing, but not the wits to lead an organization such as a knighthood.

I also wish to voice my support for the new leadership of the Knighthood,
and mayhaps if they deem me worthy talk about coming back to the Knighthood as a squire because the reason I have left has solved itself now.

Faladron Furnir
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

No one cares, Julius. Don't tell us your problems. I replied to Dain and stated that Kallahorn owns the land, (though the document also states that Dain owns the land). Now if you want to have a battle over who the leader of Kallahorn is, then don't get us involved. From what we understand you were kicked out. Now if that isn't the case, then I suggest you take it up with someone else.

I have not sided with anyone. I have simply stated, (and I shall state it again). Kallahorn owns the land. Whom ever is the leader of Kallahorn is not my problem. I am not jumping to the temples side. After all, I am not the one who may have given them a place to stay.

And Julius. You asked to join us. If that is still so, I suggest you stop insulting us. You got kicked out of two knighthoods with those kinds of words, I suggest you discontinue them.

Dantagon
A man who couldn't give much more of a damn about Kallahorn problems.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Sir Laiden,

I have heard that 'Julius Rothman' no longer speaks for the "Knighthood of Kallahorn"? It is C.O.W.S. policy only to sell to 'legitamate' Guilds or towns. Members come and go, but they must have permission to 'speak' for the Guild.

He made an order some time ago for some 'tools' for Kallahorn which have not been delivered yet.

If you would like to make good on the order for Kallahorn, we just need to meet. If not, I'll delete the Order within a dwarven week.

Thank you,
~Chester Copperpot
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings to all those involved,

I've spent many long nights thinking over this matter. Thinking over the ruthless attack on me by Dain's and Behemoth's hand, the Knighthood that I built, the money and materials I spent on the building. I have come to a conclusion that should help make an easy end to this matter.

Dain Laiden and his temple may start a new Knighthood if they wish. I have no problems with them using the Kallahorn name. However, I will not be kicked from my Knighthood because some man threatens and beats me. Even if Lorian declares Dain the new owner of the Kallahorn land, that doesn't consult him leading the Knighthood that I built, I shrived for, and I spent my time on.

If Lorian decides to go in Dain's favor, then I shall take the Knighthood of Kallahorn (using this current format and the current boards as I made them) and move them to a new designated spot for building. The only thing I shall ask from the builder if he decides to give Dain the land is the road I built, the furnace, the depot, the chairs and tables, and the excess materials I paid in advance. The possible designation of the new land is posted below:

As far as I am concerned, the Knighthood of Kallahorn lives strong. Dain took Deuce and all those that follow the Dark Cult and the Moshran temple. Not only does this rid our Knighthood of these dark and evil men but it will help us help the isle.

Thank you,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

...I shall take the Knighthood of Kallahorn ... and move them to a new designated spot for building.
try'n ter build inside Nordmark woun't be good fer yer health, lad...

Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

*a note is pinned on the board*

Land of the Nordmark or not. Don't build in this forest.

Neither me nor the trolls could accept your knighthood building.

/unsigned
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Julius, move you're belongings from the Keep.

///
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

I back Dain.

And Julius i want my money.

~Wolf
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Rukka withdraw frum mercenary duties, mainly because der are none, if Rukka needud fur mercenary work find her elsewhere.

-Rukka!
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

It seems Dain and his followers have shown there inactivity once again. As I have stated, since Lorian went in Dain's favor, we shall find a new spot to make our home. Dain can have the keep if he wishes it, no more resistance from my part will be issued towards his person.

Two members will be accepted into immediately, one of which was accepted the night I was ruthlessly attacked. Hrar Godcairn has officially rejoined the Knighthood as a Squire, leaving off from his previous position many months ago. Shinn Kuuro has been accepted into the Knighthood as a page, serving under me.

The small amount of supplies that I have left will go towards the Knighthood and the new building project that will immediately be underway.

Thank you,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

You can burn in Hellbriar Julius, I would have remained loyal to you, But you went to damned far. I hereby resign from my position of Knight of Kallahorn.

~Evan Ross,
Ex-Knight of Kallahorn~
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Contract wrote:I hereby offer Julius Rothman full rights over the Kallahorn building for the sum of 600 silvers. If they are not payed in at most 1 dwarven week from this date forward, the rights are revoked.
Upon the full payment, a final contract will be signed by both parts.

Signed:
~Lord Avalyon el'Hattarr
Julius

Post by Julius »

Kallahorn Land wrote: Julius Rothman and the previous owner of the Kallahorn land, Avalyon el'Hattarr have come to terms on a new deal, making Julius Rothman the full owner of the land. This contract, once signed by both parties is legal binding and may not be revoked. The new owner will give the other party the chance to fully move their items before changing the locks and adding new enhancements to the building.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn

Signed,
Avalyon el'Hattarr
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Forgery!

Lord Avalyon el'Hatarr would never forget to sign with his title,
furthermore the linings are way off from the signature on the other parchment.

Rothman forged this contract, I should know, I know about these things!

Hector Vin
Forger
Julius

Post by Julius »

Dear members of Kallahorn,

I have spent too many long days and hour less nights idly peering over the parchments of a fallen Knighthood. The days that I can still remember moving my hand to write as I announced the newest acquisition to a once prosperous Knighthood have long passed. The days of the activity are long since gone and the spirit that once held fast within me has become dormant. But now we have a choice Kallahorn: whether to implode and disintegrate emotionally and spiritually as an Knighthood or we can choose to become stronger through all of this struggle. We shall rebuild on a solid foundation. Through me and my actions, I believe we are starting to rebuild on that foundation.

Jorokar, a man that I now see as wise, once told me that the Knighthood or faction is looked at not because of it's members being bad, but for it's leader. As the leader of this Knighthood, I allowed for myself to become overran with the fraught and need for power. I turned my back on those that warned me of my impeding doom. I failed you and myself by doing so.

My first move of business will be to announce the upcoming building projects. The keep will have a basement added on in two dwarven days, followed shortly by a new building project to heighten the current keep and build a surrounding structure. It shall be the largest man made construction on the isle. I have the materials and money for the most recent project, but any help on a member's part is appreciated and will be rewarded.

I also wish to stress the fact that all members should be wary of the Lich of the Graveyard. I've felt his presence around the keep numerous times recently as the builder begins to dig under the surface of the keep. Be armed and ready while traveling to or from the keep. *

Three members have joined the Knighthood this eve. Britta Crisp, a brave young woman from the mainland has been sworn in and will serve under me as a page. Rogruk will also begin his training as a Knight as a page of our order. The former Page of the Knighthood of Gobaith, a good friend of mine, and a excellent warrior has sworn the oath as well. Please welcome Nerestro von Serusien into the Knighthood.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn

*((This is planned to be a miniquest. It's pending GM and a quester's approval. ))
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Meh nub ged id! Meh Gnigt or Puge?
AN ulso.. meh need eguibment an trainin! YuBBA!

DA ORC wid da big WeBBUn
-> Rogruk!