The Magic Academy - It's not a guild, it's a place of learni

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sir Giandor

Post by Sir Giandor »

After this bad discussions from Nilo I dont think that much people are interesting in taking part in his guild.

So you have dig the grave for your guild oneself.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Nilo wrote: We dont care about the magic resistant levels anymore,
Yes, you care. It's obvious to everyone that you care, but you just can't do it because of the pressure of being called powergaming.
maybe you should be more updated before accusing?.
Funny. Aren't you the one who said you're here to trash my guild? I'm so sorry that when the facts about yours are brought up it looks like dirt.
help new players? how is that ooc? by helping them get on a start with armour and a few magic books? whatever
You don't know what's is ooc about your objective of helping new players? Must have been come mistake in the application system. Well no worries, you'll be gone soon.
raise money for hobiteers (ic reason)

No. We are not raising money for the hobiteers. We are going to have a festival for them, to help raise money, but we, ourselves arent going to.

Get it straight before you criticize my guild.
Hahahahaha. That was the only single legitimate IC reason your guild had and you call it criticism when I point it out? No wonder you're stupid enough to start your guild and even try to trash the MA. Next time I say your hat looks nice you'll probably say "Stop criticizing my hat!"
okay. Practicing magic. hhm....maybe killing pigs with magic? killing ogres wiht magic. Ever think of that? rather than killing people and powergaming with magic
I have no idea what your point is :?: Did anyone ever say you can't kill pigs or ogres? But you probably never though how barbaric it was to kill pigs for practice rather than using your spells on the ground anyways.
The difference is the MA's objective is to teach people how to use magic, how to get runes and combine runes, etc. Your objective is just to practice the spells, just to get more skills, which is an ooc reason.

Do try to use what brain you might have and think about why there's a bracket next to each of my comparasons that says (ic reason, ic activity, ooc reason, ooc activity), but I have a sticky suspicion that you don't really know what they mean, nor the the meaning of roleplay when I see your say your favourite word in Illarion: Cool.

@Golin Bronzebeard:
At the Magic Academy, we teach people how to get runes, combine runes, the important factors of intellegence and mana, and effective ways to use spells. We don't stand around and practice with each other by repeatedly casting spells or buring each other's faces.
Bumbol Woodstock

Post by Bumbol Woodstock »

Dyluck and Nilo both need to take 15 minutes in a corner. Both of you are acting like children. Nilo you just need to work on you reasons to make a guild. Dyluck, im not sure bout you, no offense but i think that you may be getting mad that Nilo is making a magic guild that doesn't involve you. And yes Dyluck you were trash talking his guild if you check his guilds book pages. Both of you calm down.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

@Bumbol: I didn't "trash talk" his guild. I point out the facts about what's wrong with his guild, like everyone else did. What makes you think I'm "mad" at him? I have done as all the other legitimate older players have criticized his non-roleplay and ooc reasons and powergaming. He came in here claiming to trash my guild and made comparasons, so I presented a more accurate comparason. If you can't understand detailed arugements then just stay out of the arguement and don't try to act like a mediator. Think about "The difference between IC and OOC and why he's criticized for his non-roleplay and OOC intentions" instead of "my friend is nice, so any criticism must be 'trash talking' him".
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

to get more skills, which is an ooc reason
How is getting more skill ooc?
Bumbol Woodstock

Dyluck you suggested that is a powergamer and that is all he is. You did not give him much of a chance if you look at what you wrote. He made a mistake get over it.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

The action itself is not ooc, but your reason behind it is. Does practicing magic have to do with character's actual role or is your reason just "I want to get a better magic skill level in this game"? You don't need to answer me. I think you know the answer yourself.
Dyluck you suggested that is a powergamer and that is all he is.
@Bumbol: I never suggested that's all he is. Find a quote if you think so. I suggested his main purpose was skillgain and getting magic resistance, and nothing roleplay. You talk as if you think I won't "leave him alone". Stop blindly defending your pal and think about who's coming into this thread claiming to trash something.
Last edited by Dyluck on Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bumbol Woodstock

errrr Dyluck you sending that letter to me or Nilo? Dyluck, just relax... Maybe Nilo should cancel his guild until he is ready for it... Just a thought Nilo.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Bumbol, stop talking as if I'm "hunting him down". I'm only respond to what he says. If you have a problem with seeing discussions as a yelling then just don't get involved in the conversation and stop telling people to "relax and "calm down".
Bumbol Woodstock

DYluck you seem to not be able to calm down.... Hehe couldn't resist, you are hunting him down. You said something to the sound of "You can see that the application system isn't working." Dyluck why don't you leave him alone like he is leaving you alone?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Why can't you stop blindly defending your pal as you did on the other thread where you made poor excuses about training magic resistance to defend against monsters, and open your eyes to see that he obviously isn't roleplaying?

Leave him alone? Have you noticed who's thread this is and who's coming in here to trash things? I only respond to him when he has something to say to me. If he doesn't want to get any more criticism he doesn't have to post here, and neither do you. This conversation would have been long over if you hadn't stuck your nosy head in it. Why don't YOU leave me alone, shut up and stop trying to act like a mediator when nobody asked you to.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

The Magic Academy is hereby re-opened once again.

News and Announcements:

-Morgaine Le Fay has been titled Academy Teacher

------------------
Dyluck
~Headmaster of the Magic Academy~
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

News and Announcements:

-Morgaine Le Fay has reached the title of Master Healer

------------------
Dyluck
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

News and Announcements:

-The Master Reviver exam has been changed from reviving at 25% down to reviving at 15%.

------------------
Dyluck
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

News and Announcements:

-Morgaine Le Fay has reached the title of Master Reviver

------------------
Dyluck
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

I might want to join your School Dyluck. Is it still in session? And what do you do with the money you get? Are you saving to build a school?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

It's is open persay, but all the teachers including myself don't have much time to teach right now.

The school has already been built high atop the lofty mountains.
The Academy funds will likely be used to build something that will be of use to the wider public.

Dyluck
Headmaster of the Magic Academy
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Headmaster, I know how busy you must be with the Lyrenzia Foundation and all, but I do need a teacher to test me. Can you have 1 of them help me out, or I can just find one you recommend. Thank you.
-Prince Grant Herion
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

There is a list of teachers at the Magic Academy. All you need to do is to find one of them and see if they are able and willing to accept you as a student.

You will most likely be able to find Kalypse or Morgaine Le Fay.

Dyluck
Headmaster of the Magic Academy
Radurak Bragol

Post by Radurak Bragol »

I find your Magic Acadamy to be interesting. I will make an attempt to join soon. I may not join right away, but soon. If you can, please privatly speak with me about this issue...

Peacefully Yours,
Radurak A. Bragol
Dorfus

Post by Dorfus »

Magic Acadamy? Eh, eh. This is very intersting. Ah..hm. Interesting.

Dorfus rubs his beard...
Mandil Aglandol
Location: looking confused, yet making others even more confused

Post by Mandil Aglandol »

I also would like to join. I will search for those who can teach me.

#me bows

((i am the same as Mandil Light Mage, just got my name changed though))