A complaint

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

The Returner

Post by The Returner »

In the world of pen and paper...if you don't want to get your ass mauled, don't do the quest...dont instigate a quest...and if you do, don't cry about it afterwords.

If you don't like the way things go...find another game, seriously. All I've heard since coming back to this place is "oh illarion sucks" or "oh the staff sucks" or "oh your all bad at roleplaying" or "bring back the account system" or "waahhh I'm a little bitch with nothing better to do then run for politics in a game, get owned by someone else in that game, and bitch about it on an internet forum"
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Laviath Rathor wrote:Well, he decides to let arameh die everytime arameh doesn't pwn everything ig. I saw arameh dying and returning at least two times, so who cares... :roll:

Erm

When Arameh gets to cross, I RP his wounds, always

I even Rp them when he dosent go to cross and just get attacked

so whats your point?..you were going with Negyth to cross 5x a day and never played any wound
Laviath Rathor

Post by Laviath Rathor »

The golems don't attack anyone, who isn't attacking Silverbrand AND the golems only listen to ghorn, means: Golem could be in silverbrand and would peacefully watch stephen killing every dwarf, if ghorn isn't there to make orders.

Edit:
Arameh wrote:
Laviath Rathor wrote:Well, he decides to let arameh die everytime arameh doesn't pwn everything ig. I saw arameh dying and returning at least two times, so who cares... :roll:

Erm

When Arameh gets to cross, I RP his wounds, always

I even Rp them when he dosent go to cross and just get attacked

so whats your point?..you were going with Negyth to cross 5x a day and never played any wound

I was talking about your rped perma-deaths and not about being clouded :roll:
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Laviath Rathor wrote:The golems don't attack anyone, who isn't attacking Silverbrand AND the golems only listen to ghorn, means: Golem could be in silverbrand and would peacefully watch stephen killing every dwarf, if ghorn isn't there to make orders.

Tell that to when he chased us all around the map lol
Laviath Rathor

Post by Laviath Rathor »

Ghorn gave the order to do that
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Ghorn commanded the golem to follow you and hunt you down.

He hasnt commanded him to let the buildings stand...thats why there were so many holes after <_<
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

... your changing the arguement lol.

It isnt fair for anyone to have mega pwnage character, even if gained through a quest that was solely for the benefit of the party, when that mega pwnage character can rape and is allowed to rape anyone on that person who owns it's command.

Adjust the Golem's stat to around 25 constitution with 75/100 skills. That will pwn just about any single warrior anymore but will still be weak to a strong team like Stephen or Arameh.. or even a bunch of less then mastered warriors. It would be a vast improvement to what is going on now.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

WHat is your point? Really, the only thing you want is to keep the golems so you can be sure not to lose any war, nearly everyone else wants it down
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

any of you kiddies got a real Real-Life?

it is supposed to be a game, after all. but this thread sounds like the cuba crisis.
Laviath Rathor

Post by Laviath Rathor »

Well, you have a point Dan. But did you ever see it like that:

It's "I-like-Stephen-side" againced silverbrand. So, everyone who is on stephen's side wants the golems to go down and everyone that is on silverbrand's side wants the golems to stay. This will be an endless discussion.

I would prefer to have one golem, that is beatable by mark, arameh and stephen when they attack it together, which leaves silverbrand, as far as we have at least four or five acceptable warriors.

Edit:
Korm Kormsen wrote:any of you kiddies got a real Real-Life?

it is supposed to be a game, after all. but this thread sounds like the cuba crisis.
:lol:
Last edited by Laviath Rathor on Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

its really not that bad, no one is really swearing or getting upset. We just want the game to stay fair, I think it is pretty important to argue to make sure the game stays fair, or relatively.
Poots

Post by Poots »

Garett Gwenour wrote:im fine with defensive creatures, i had pipe dreams of somehow convincing damien that the knighthood of kallahorn and the forest trolls could make a defensive alliance or so on certain condition.

That condition being that you have to chop off your Willy :lol:
Samantha Meryadeles

It isnt fair for anyone to have mega pwnage character, even if gained through a quest that was solely for the benefit of the party, when that mega pwnage character can rape and is allowed to rape anyone on that person who owns it's command
As far as i remember Arameh and Stephen were both able to ran away from that pwnage golem without getting killed.
Adjust the Golem's stat to around 25 constitution with 75/100 skills.

The golem has strength 50 and skill 90.

It is a fucking golem! A huge, many ton heavy, walking rock! And he shall have just 1/4 strength/constitution more than Ghorn?
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

I dont much about this arugment , but I always thought that the dwarfs have an extreme advantage from just having a mine seconds away from a depo. I have held my tounge about this because it does make sense from them to live in their mine, after all they are dwarfs.

I feel it is bad Rp for stephen and the others to go mine at sb mines when they are logged off, which is why I havent done it myself. From what I heard on the forms though Stephen attack Sb during when they were having a quest not when everyone was logged off, so that was good reason that he gained the town back.

For the golem, it shoudnt be impossible to kill either. I can understand it being made from Inmorhan the craft god though as well.

For damine view on the gods, he should have cause a bigger plot happen that cause the gods to come back to the island of illarion. If one god becomes active again shoudlnt the rest come back to gain worshippers. Bragon Inmorhan ( ok I cant spell ) and morshran have came back, so what about the rest of the gods.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:
It isnt fair for anyone to have mega pwnage character, even if gained through a quest that was solely for the benefit of the party, when that mega pwnage character can rape and is allowed to rape anyone on that person who owns it's command
As far as i remember Arameh and Stephen were both able to ran away from that pwnage golem without getting killed.
Adjust the Golem's stat to around 25 constitution with 75/100 skills.

The golem has strength 50 and skill 90.

It is a fucking golem! A huge, many ton heavy, walking rock! And he shall have just 1/4 strength/constitution more than Ghorn?

We arent talking about realism, we are talking about fairness
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Neela Rabenfeder wrote:but on other side dwarfes use no magic. its a disadvantage for dwarfs and i think it is based on roleplay. i think its good to let the golems in their city.
Dwarves are not very interested in magic, except for Rune crafting magic. They prefer good handwork, and fine crafted items. They love the shine of gold and the cold fire of beautiful jewels. They love the taste of a good Dwarven, strong beer. Their towns and caves are lightened by different light sources: Huge, thick glass-structures that direct light from the mountains deep into their halls, torches and lamps, as well as different gemstones, crafted with strong runes to produce light and warmth where they are needed. The Dwarven counterpart to a mage is a "Rune Crafter" or "Rune Master" - they carve magic instead of speaking it. This is a "safer", but less spontaneous form of magic, since failures do not hurt the crafter, but only the item it was carved on.

The crafting of runes has different effects, triggered by actions, words, movements or thoughts. These items recharge with a certain, slow rate or can be "reloaded" by a rune crafter or mage. Some of the weaker effects work all the time without necessity to be "recharged", others draw their magical energies from the owner himself. These rune-magic has more practical than aggressive use.
Just to contradict you on the no magic part. I always wondered why Silverbrand didn't have a (roleplayed) runecrafter.
Thorgrimm

Post by Thorgrimm »

To the Golem-shit:

I worked with runes and some things, i worked a week for the ritual and i asked to make it dangerous to make a golem. I asked to PERMAKILL my Char, if the ritual failed. Now i am not able to use a twohandred weapon - and this with a Ritual who was going good.

@Stephen: do you want, that you dont are able to use your precius Kallahorn?
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

I think another, more subtle problem with these 'quest advantages' is that alot of players who aren't friends with any of the staff don't really know how to approach them.

I for one don't know how to approach a GM and say;
I want...
  • ...a gnomish artificer to build me a golem.
  • ...to initiate an archeological dig for an ancient artifact.
  • ...to call upon the powers of demons.
  • ...to sacrifice innocents for some esoteric plot.
  • ...Divine protection from so and so.
  • ...To discover some new magical theorem.
  • ...To hire some pirates.
In my earlier (and misguided days) I even made a few attempts at initiating quests that would admittedly provide an advantage for me, but would actually be open to participation from players that weren't in the guild (like this golem-getting quest).

One example being this particularly shaky offering by myself;
The Bow of Baldurain

Maybe times have changed, but I expect that alot remains the same, and players who aren't friends of GMs are generally closed off from them.

P.S: I'm proud of myself, I didn't go on a long rant about magic, but I'm compelled to give it the proverbial poke with a stick.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I think that the fact that everyone NOT in Silverbrand agrees that an invincible golem protecting that town that is commanded by PO Ghorn (of all people) is a largely unfair to the rest of the people, should show that it isn't something you can bluntly blame on myself, Thorgrimm.

I see no reason why Silverbrand should not keep the golem (or two golems now?) so long as they are put into reasonable strengths. I do not think that is asking for too much?
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

I agree Korm, HOWEVER ...

if this game gets unfair, it's no fun anymore.

And fact is that it's said Arameh did not put his weapons down, though he was told to ... :roll: oh wait, it was told in dwarvish ?! or, erm, aah stupid Arameh, didn't you ever learn dwarvish ? too bad for you ... go to jail. Sounds unfair to you? ah well, too bad ... well, this in fact sickens me somehow
Llama

Post by Llama »

My (ninethousand and fifty) two cents.

Fairness isn't relative.

Illarion is a RP game, and it should be fair for everyone, if a character trained for ages to become a fighter, and he goes to attack someone, then that must be contested by a person/people who had the same chance to train themselves. Putting over-powered 'guards' in order to balance the both sides isn't fair.

Now I'm not speaking about how they use them, or why they're there; just the fact that they are there. They can only be used in emergencies, or they can use them to PK n00bs, it makes no difference to the fact that they are there.

This seems to be an attempt to stop people trampling over the dwarves, but the question is, why should anyone stop trampling over teh dwarves? The dwarves should find their own solutions if everyone is raiding them, killing them and the like. Diplomancy or the like.

On a sarcastic note, why don't the lizards get UBER WATER ELEMENTALZ to help guard the temple?
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Aurora wrote:

I agree Korm, HOWEVER ...

if this game gets unfair, it's no fun anymore.

And fact is that it's said Arameh did not put his weapons down, though he was told to ... :roll: oh wait, it was told in dwarvish ?! or, erm, aah stupid Arameh, didn't you ever learn dwarvish ? too bad for you ... go to jail. Sounds unfair to you? ah well, too bad ... well, this in fact sickens me somehow
Hey Skaalib knows dwarvish, why can't Arameh?
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

This game is also not fun if someone who plays his char totally against his attributes can do what he want without anyone having a chance to keep him from doing so.
I remember a time when GMs decided to push the fighing skills of town guards because nobody who wouldn't train all day had a chance against a few chars who did so.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Skaalib Drurr wrote:
Hey Skaalib knows dwarvish, why can't Arameh?
should everyone learn dwarven / lizard /human / elven language in order to being able to rp, come on ... :roll:
Samantha Meryadeles

I remember that this was again against po stephens chars, or not Adano? that was when they came back into town a few times a day even when getting beating and causing again and again battles. or they sneaked into town at nights when the players were logged out.
hasnt changed much since that days. its all either be a powergaming american, or get beaten by them. and if you do ro, quest and stuff to protect you they moan because they cant kill you with their powergamerchars
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

The general consensus in this topic seems to be that:

When the characters of myself or my buddies receive pushing or special benefits, it is good or even preferrable. Yay for the righteous gamemasters!

When the characters of people who I don't like or characters that my character has in game conflict with receive similiar benefits and pushing, it is absolute abomination and extremely unfair. Smile the smiling favoristic and unfair gamemasters!

:roll:
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:I remember that this was again against po stephens chars, or not Adano? that was when they came back into town a few times a day even when getting beating and causing again and again battles. or they sneaked into town at nights when the players were logged out.
hasnt changed much since that days. its all either be a powergaming american, or get beaten by them. and if you do ro, quest and stuff to protect you they moan because they cant kill you with their powergamerchars

come on, stay fair, I also know of German speaking powergamers ...
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Aurora wrote:
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:I remember that this was again against po stephens chars, or not Adano? that was when they came back into town a few times a day even when getting beating and causing again and again battles. or they sneaked into town at nights when the players were logged out.

come on, stay fair, I also know of German speaking powergamers ...
Signed.

Stephen has been around for long, he's hand plenty of time I'm sure.

But if we're talking about the when people are logged out stuff.
Lets get npc guardians whom attack only when a certain person stays on a certain.

If someone <> [numbers of chars that are allowed]
Moves onto tile nr [Whatever number the tile is.]
Spawn SB_dwarf_guard1 on tile [Whatever tile it spawns on].
Remove SB_dwarf_guardfake. (basicly a dummy npc wich does nothing and is in the same place the actual working npc gets spawned)

(Or instead of the spawn and remove just activate the npc.)
(Basicly now we have an avarage npc spawn as all others.)
If someone <> [numbers of chars that are allowed]
is not in the range of the npc anymore.
Remove SB_dwarf_gaurd1
Spawn SB_dwarf_guardfake

Of course I dunno shit about the script Illa uses, this is just a lame example.
Markous

Post by Markous »

But then again, I was removed from the ESQS without a word also. Seems a trend has started.
You left the game. I had no reason to keep an inactive player in ESQS.

1) So let's handle it this way: Silverbrand will build a door to the mines and get keys. If they don't want to, it's their problem, if people mine illegally. Restrict this technically, and the argument is finally over.

2) If they want, they can even change the lock of their main gate, so people who are no citizens of Silverbrand can't enter with illegal keys. Problem solved.

Now stop the flaming arguments and never use the Golems again, please.
Last edited by Markous on Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha Meryadeles

2) So let's handle it this way: Silverbrand will build a door to the mines and get keys. If they don't want to, it's their problem, if people mine illegally. Restrict this technically, and the argument is finally over.
We had also keys for the maingate and the jaildoor, but stephen somehow is able to obtain them. either killing dwarfs who are no warriors, stealing their keys, or using other methods.

wouldn't wonder me when Grant Rothmans dwarf, a citizen of silverbrand, who got a key hasnt his key anymore but grant rothman holds it now. we cant watch which player has a second char thats an enemy of silverbrand and than say no because he could give the key away

And we want a door for the mines., we want it since ages. but gms keep saying no, the mine has to be public
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.