Shielding/Protection Spells Brainstorm

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

You have no plan about magic system or?

please, please ansfer me one singel simpel question, when magic is soo cool and powerful so unfair migthy, why i must retreat with dji, the leader of the academy, iff three flys attack me.... mhm can you tell me ?
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Djironnyma wrote:You have no plan about magic system or?

please, please ansfer me one singel simpel question, when magic is soo cool and powerful so unfair migthy, why i must retreat with dji, the leader of the academy, iff three flys attack me.... mhm can you tell me ?

Yes, NPCs are more resillient than characters agaisnt magic, and they make nearly the same damages than a fully skilled character if they attack an unarmored opponent.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Because you dont want to lose some of your pushed skills :)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Hmm... well there's something else.

Most of these players who think they've played long (Which they haven't. I don't see myself having played long and I've played over a year.) had enough time to make mage characters.

I saw a lot of people rejecting the idea simply because magic wasn't implemented.

Then magic was implemented and you moaned because you had a fighter and not a mage.

Ever thought that might be your own fault?

And by the way; should you, Dan, get 2 hits on a mage with your uber weapons of pwnage they will probably be dead as they don't wear armour.

And a final thing: I was always told off for angering orcs ig and ooc ((your char would be scared of orcs blah blah...)) so shouldn't the theory stick with a mage also?

And if you're in a battle with a mage maybe because of an event or he's evil or something, 2 fighters could easily own him working together. And don't say "2 mages could double own a fighter" because we all know everyone's a fighter and there are barely any mages who can actually perfrom a commotio strong enough to injure a fighter.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

I think this thread has strayed FAR to far from its original concept.

So.

Lockski?
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

aris i have no pushed skills....

arameh: bullshit....
1.) They have no higher magic resitenc: a not summonded fly i could killl with one 1 to 2 spells, for the last playerchar i killed it needs 4 spells.

2.) They dont make the samte damage: The last time i was kileld by a Fighter he needs two hits. The flys need around 12 maybe a littel more or less, dont want to try it.

But indeed you will know it better, such you play so long time a mage :roll:

... i dont now how often i must say it again, the fact that a mage witch have enough time to prepare for a fight win normaly agains one singel fighter means NOT that a mage is stronger. it only means that he can only win against a singel fighter and only if he have enough time to prepare.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Its been discussed already, a regular mage with about quarter maxed skills (i doubt are they hard to get if you work on them, i may be wrong tho.. oh and also since many of current mages are pushed in say way or another it doesnt matter) can take down any warrior in about 3 to 4 spells. A skill warrior using, lets say a double axe, will need .. 6 to 8 hits to kill anyone because even maxed you barely do any more damage then a noob with new figthing system (which is intensely lame but for some reason no one has caught on to it yet, i give it a month or two more before people really figure out putting in hours to max out your fighter were wasted). Now each hit with a double axe takes 4 seconds, each spell from a mage takes 2 seconds. A mage can also teleport away, heal itself, teleport, and cast a spell. ANd can keep this up for some time. I mean, Stephen fought Dravian, that character was able to teleport and cast lightning spells without having to stop at all, the only reason I had I chance was because the player was not fully utilizing the teleporting potential, i mean if the character teleported diagonally across the room instead of in straight lines, I would have been screwed. Either way, mages don't need more spells to stnad up in melee combat, it is just one sided to give more spells for mages in melee when a mage should never be in melee.

Oh and also, mages used to be able to wear armor and shields so they could be given a fair chance in combat (infact before teleport spells were around), but then a mage by the name of elaralith came around and proved that such defense for a mage can be so easily abused it would absurb to keep it around.

end.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Djironnyma wrote:aris i have no pushed skills....

arameh: bullshit....
1.) They have no higher magic resitenc: a not summonded fly i could killl with one 1 to 2 spells, for the last playerchar i killed it needs 4 spells.

2.) They dont make the samte damage: The last time i was kileld by a Fighter he needs two hits. The flys need around 12 maybe a littel more or less, dont want to try it.

But indeed you will know it better, such you play so long time a mage :roll:

... i dont now how often i must say it again, the fact that a mage witch have enough time to prepare for a fight win normaly agains one singel fighter means NOT that a mage is stronger. it only means that he can only win against a singel fighter and only if he have enough time to prepare.

1) It has been said in the magic topic that NPCs resistance (most I guess have about the same), were very hard to kill using magic, in the Negros quest I believe Samantha had to use a lot of spells to kill simple skeletons, and I dunno what you try to mean by "for the last playerchar i killed it needs 4 spells." since it can depends on the spell, skill of your character and attributes of the one you casted on, not a very 'reliable' example.

2) The last time was killed was a while ago no? When fighting and magic systems were utterly different, right?
Last edited by Arameh on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

No spell witch you can cast in 2 sek. can kill anybody with 3 or 4 hits.....

a mage need to cast away, heal himself and so on mana/manapotions. a fighter can heal himself with healingpotins, so were is the differen please?

i think you guys simply should try to play a mage befor saying it is easy....

Nalzaxx: in my eyes this threard lost his use in this moment were gm tell you about the new magic system....

edit : Arameh, i simply lost the motivation to talk with someone who dont want to read.
swish1

Post by swish1 »

Djironnyma wrote:No spell witch you can cast in 2 sek. can kill anybody with 3 or 4 hits.....

a mage need to cast away, heal himself and so on mana/manapotions. a fighter can heal himself with healingpotins, so were is the differen please?

i think you guys simply should try to play a mage befor saying it is easy....

Nalzaxx: in my eyes this threard lost his use in this moment were gm tell you about the new magic system....
*clears his throat
Proved wrong..
Killed in two lightening spells..
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

you wasnt the last PC i killed, and i dont kill you alone, if i remeber right first silas give you some iceexplosions and than after you come back i killed you,....watch the logs....
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Magic bad! sword good!

You dress wearing hippies learn the error of your ways!! give up the life of laziness and power! and get back to what matters in life. Drinking Brawling and Woman!

And in the female mages case.. yeah still woman
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Samantha had to use a lot of spells to kill simple skeletons, and I dunno what you try to mean by "for the last playerchar i killed it needs 4 spells." since it can depends on the spell, skill of your character and attributes of the one you casted on, not a very 'reliable' example.
We found out that this was because of the monsters being summoned by gms. the normal spawned monster has few magic resistance, a monster spawned by a gm can have godlike one like ogre shamans. which i cant kill with 10 spells
Urilen Quanasuard

Post by Urilen Quanasuard »

Isn't there a thread for this? Magic Discussion? Take it there, guys.