Racial weapons and armor

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sess'sth

Racial weapons and armor

Post by Sess'sth »

I think that every race should have different kind of weapons and armor so not everyon has full platemail, a lion or knight shield and a firesword. Heres some of my ideas:

Humans: Mainly swords, and maybe some axes. Moderate leather/metal armors

Elves: Bows, and Elvin blades (that are one sided blade swords like samurai swords). Many cloth items, like cloaks that make it hard to 'see' them, so you dont hit them as often.

Dwarfs: Mainly axes, clubs perhaps. Mostly metal, and some leather armor.

Orc: Mostly axes and clubs, and some swords. Mostly metal, and some leather armor.

Lizardmen: Perhaps claws to put on their hands? Some sort of hard skin because lizards dont wear armor, or clothes.

Halflings: Probably daggers. Mostly cloth items like clothes.

Just because they are different items, doesnt mean they should be better than eachother. But if they were, it would give people more reason to choose each race, like if one race was faster, one was stronger, one had better armor, ect. Well those are my ideas so far.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I do not think that this is good idea because them one race would be prefered, and the would be an abudndunce of it, and evry little of the others
Sevious Helios

Post by Sevious Helios »

Well this idea could be quite good as well. For instance someone could be a weapon's collector and could go out and search for these weapons on quests or the such and when he obtains them (perhaps through a quest or buying from a smith of that race ) then he could return to his own home and put it on display or sell it to someone else for a higher price. But of course if a human would buy an elven sword he would not be to good with it as it would have been meant to have been made for an elf, not a human. Same with axes for dwarves and the such. And I think the dwarven axe in game is already sort of a racial weapon...although I think only master smith dwarves or semi master smithing dwarves should only be able to make this item....
Setherioth

Post by Setherioth »

Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

Alas, We already have dwarven axes and elven wine..
So worry not, progress is being made I suppose ;)
Kincent Nolatri
Location: Think to your self, does Kincent stay still long enough for a location

Post by Kincent Nolatri »

but i still like the lizrad claw idea
Athian

Post by Athian »

So elven wine gets Elves more drunk then any other Race? heh that would be kind funny.
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

How are you affected when you are drunk?
Racial weapons are an interesting subject. What prevent a human from picking up and using an elven blade?
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

Nothing. (unless if it is a moonblade, but that is another subject)

But the thing is, that only elven mastercraftsmen should be able to produce them. Perhaps other races could be able to copy, but champange is champagne only when it is produced in the specific region.

If you get my point.
Azato Menta

Post by Azato Menta »

i think, elves should use daggers( the long, thin , silver ones) too,
it fits kinda good.
Kzarak Zhoruch

Post by Kzarak Zhoruch »

IMO:Additinally, each race should have a small bonus in learning and wielding their racial weapons.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Another nice idea would be for all race armour to look different. I mean not new stuff, just Human plate armour, Evlen plate armour and so on all looking different but be the same thing.
Carleto Azori

Post by Carleto Azori »

I wouldn't prefer to run around with a dagger against a heavily armoured Orc(unless it's enchanted so that it ignores armour, or something to that affect...), if you know what I'm saying... but class dependent weapons would be a great idea... elven scout - dagger, short sword, bow; elven warrior - fine tipped spear, any sword; etc...