Adding Characters to accounts

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Chuirion

Adding Characters to accounts

Post by Chuirion »

Hello,
I am just making sure that I'm adding another character to my account correctly. Ok.. First I need to e-mail accounts@illarion.org correct? Then in the mail I have to put my existing accounts name/password correct? Then I put what kind of character I want to add (dwarf,human,etc). Then his name? Is there anything else I need to include in this? Thanks
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

I believe so.
Chuirion

Post by Chuirion »

Alright I'll try! Thanks
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

NO,use the web formular, and the email address that you applied for your account with, you will get no reply.
Crocket

Post by Crocket »

I have been trying to figure this one out for about 2 months now, and still can't get an answer. I've tried adding a new character to no avail. I've had a little background story planned for him for sometime now :twisted: but can't get him in the game. :cry:

What the heck is a web "formular"? Is it the link you click on to create a new account?

I've read in some places that you should send an email to accounts. So what do I do?

And please don't answer if you don't know. I'm waiting to hear from a GM, not someone who "thinks" they know.
Sevious Helios

Post by Sevious Helios »

I added a character a while back by using this formular on the website. What you do is create your char and then go to the formular and type in the required info. Make sure you use your email adress that has the account signed to it and the new chars name and everything else that is required. Wait about a week or two and you should have it. I had to wait about a week myself. Well hope this helps. This is how I did it and not how I think it may work.
Crocket

Post by Crocket »

Sevious Helios wrote:I added a character a while back by using this formular on the website. What you do is create your char and then go to the formular and type in the required info.
"formular" is not an english word. I do not understand "formular".

Are you talking about the "account request" link? If so I thought this was strictly for new accounts.
Reda

Post by Reda »

You really shouldn't describe things to new players with words you made up...
Galdriel

Post by Galdriel »

formular (D) = form (E)
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Use the same form you used to apply for an account, and I did not "think" this. In english you would say formulary or form.
Crocket

Post by Crocket »

Thanks Galdriel and Gro'bul.

@Gro'bul
When I made my account we used the email thingy. The link on the home page wasn't there. When it was added I thought it was just for new accounts and to add a new character to an existing account you still use the email.
I could not understand exactly what they wanted because of the language barrier.
Crocket

Post by Crocket »

OK, I've used the form on the website to try to add a character. Now I got another email with the two questions on it that I answered when I first created my account back in January.

Are you supposed to answer these questions with every character?
Galdriel

Post by Galdriel »

is it possible that you supplied another email for this new charakter than for the on you created and got approved earlier??
this means the email you specified while creating the charakter.

anyway i should help, if you answer with your already approved charakters
and possibly with their passwords.
Yakin

Post by Yakin »

New Character use the Account Request form of the Website!

Add a new Character to your accepted Account send a e-mail
to accounts@illarion.org !

We are work for a new Account system please be patient.

Thanks

Yakin
Pok'ash

Post by Pok'ash »

I thought they just got a new one. Now there getting a NEWER one? is that why its taking some time to get charaters in game?
Yakin

Post by Yakin »

No the really new one will come the next time I hope
Crocket

Post by Crocket »

Yakin wrote:New Character use the Account Request form of the Website!

Add a new Character to your accepted Account send a e-mail
to accounts@illarion.org !

Yikes, now I'm being told two different things. One person says use the form on the website to add a character and another person says to send an email to accounts. :?: So which is it?

@Galdriel
OOps, I used the email for Crocket which is not a character but just my forum name. I thought the email for my original character was the same as this one, but my character's email is different. :roll: :oops:

Now I'm really confused. :?
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

I have been told that a new procedure for adding chars is in progress and once completed adding chars will be made faster.
Galdriel

Post by Galdriel »

<giggles>

well.. procedure seems to have changed...
and what Yakin tells counts right now, since he has to work through the stuff right now.