Illuminates of Ethereal Arcane

All about Runewick and its Guilds. / Alles über Runewick und die Gilden in Runewick.

Moderators: Elvaine Morgan, Gamemasters

Caswir

[Yewdale] Illuminate Recruitment Tavern Event

Post by Caswir »

WELCOME ALL MAGES FROM THE REALM WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THE GUILD

WELCOME ALL FRIENDS OF THE MAGE GUILD

WELCOME ALL FRIENDS OF RUNEWICK

Meet at the Quadruped Red Bird in Runewick for beers and drinks with the mage guild, Illuminates of Ethereal Arcane.

Time: 12th Ronas 66 - 3:00 pm

Caswir Drakull
Caswir

Sailing to rocky island dungeon - New Rock formations

Post by Caswir »

9-chos 66

This day we set sail to unknown islands. I have spotted the islands while looking outward from the harbor house at Yewdale, the Quadruped Red Bird. Also while traveling by on passing ships. Today we travel there to question how the islands formed and if there were any resources. What we found at first looked like some kind of cave. We entered it and it was an underground dungeon. Legioneres patrolled the enterence. Some were already fighting them when I got there. So we advanced through the dungeon and spotted a boneyard. One asked if it were a sacrafice or ritual site. It wasnt good.

At the end of the hall there was a corrupt altar. Red ooze leaked out from it. We tried to take a sample and soon hundreds of blood slime appeared overtaking the altar space. We destroyed them all. Afterwards we destroyed the altar. Mages worked together to take the lights from the altar. They were successful. The Altar was destroyed.

There were a few paths we didnt take yet, I will save for another time. It was a great journey. No one had died and we slayed through the dungeon destroying the undead. Unfortunately an orc, I didnt get his name,.. he was.. turned into a green slime. He helped destroy the altar, .. I hope he turns back soon. I discussed with others, there is no real good way to reverse transformations other than to wait it out.

It is amazing, a whole water dungeon out there. Some would question is there a necromancer here at work? I hope to find more clues further on the paths we did not take.

New Rock formations found at Glitter Mine.

Its almost as the rocks are concentrated. This might be a good sign from the gods. Merinium seems to be in surplus.
Caswir

Adventure to the Rocky Islands part 2

Post by Caswir »

03 Naras 67

The 1st of Naras 67, two days ago, myself and four others met at Runewick to prepare to sail to the rocky island dungeon. I got a feeling before leaving- I should have trusted my instincts- for we were about to sail into a wild choppy sea. We loaded onto the ship, and I could tell something was up since the crewmembers of the ship were muttering under their breath. About halfway to the island we hit some BIG waves. One wave hit us and the mast of the ship broke, soon after the ship broke into pieces and I was knocked into the sea. Luckily ... Zelphyra was with us- the lizard swam to our rescue. I grabbed onto a broken piece of the ship. Eventually all of us washed ashore on a beach, where we fought off giant spiders and tried to regain our spirits. There is where I found it....

We walked upon a gravesite with two tombstones. Upon reading the ingraving, the first tombstone had my own name on it! Caswir Drakull. I stood there shocked. Was this some kind of set up? The others told me not to worry, and not to let Nargun laugh at me.

We came continued to venture down the shore of the island till we came to a large wooden door- It was an enterance to the Rocky Islands! We had made it to our destination after all. We entered the water dungeon and there we battled undeads. We bashed through their forces up to the altar room, where we fell back into a small hallway. Unfortunately we were outnumbered. Zelphyra fell in battle. After that I gave the command to retreat and we escape through a portal.

Im still not sure what to make of this place. The image of the grave is stuck in my head. As to the orgins of the islands- I heard a story from a druid, that a mountain spirit had spoke to her and it was the spirit that raised the islands in the sea.

-Caswir Drakull
Caswir

IOEA Meeting

Post by Caswir »

The IOEA guild meeting/tavern event has been moved to a new date: 11th Eldas 68 - 3:00 pm (10. December 2022 02:00 pm)

Friends of the guild and mages are invited.

The event will be located in Yewdale at the Quadruped Red Bird.

~Caswir Drakull

((https://illarion.org/statistics/us_quests.php?id=1710))
Caswir

Toothy Helm

Post by Caswir »

Greetings friends,

Before you see a detailed picture of teeth I have collected. One large tooth from a dragon, and many long pointy teeth I pulled out the dead beasts mouth myself. Canines.

Now I theoretically think the teeth can be combine into a helm. I think its possible so I will look more into this. Any guild members who have ideas on how this helm could be crafted should seek out Caswir.

shireenail

Re: IOEA Meeting

Post by shireenail »

A letter is posted under another letter
Caswir wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:38 pm The IOEA guild meeting/tavern event has been moved to a new date: 11th Eldas 68 - 3:00 pm (10. December 2022 02:00 pm)

Friends of the guild and mages are invited.

The event will be located in Yewdale at the Quadruped Red Bird.

~Caswir Drakull
Dear Head of IOEA

You once told me about your magician events in your house. Although I am not a member and not a trained magician, I have interest in special topics. Unfortunately, I am unable to come to this event at that date, so my question is whether I am missing sessions on ritual magic, especially those dealing with detecting and destroying demonic magic.

Sincerely Shireena'il
Caswir

Re: Illuminates of Ethereal Arcane

Post by Caswir »

Shireena,

I am glad to say we share similar interests. To answer you question, Yes the Ioea does some of that (detecting and destroying demonic magic)- mainly during quests or when given assignment by others for various reasons. We have conducted rituals to trace mana lines, destroy demonic bonds, and remove magic apparitions and portals around Runewick.

Although at this meeting I plan to drink and talk about a few subjects. So you wont be missing out on any rituals, since we are just going to be drinking. Usually someone brings food.

I hope to talk more with you in person.

(4$\/\/1/2
Caswir

An old scroll

Post by Caswir »

Caswir examines some notes...

"What does it mean..? The glyphs here, could it some kind of language or codex? I remember finding this scroll at the bottom of the depot. The last glyph here resembles a classic alchemy symbol of a crocus"

He sets the notes aside and carefully studies a copper crocus he crafted himself.
Caswir

Service and Offering

Post by Caswir »

Today has been a good day, my friends attended the prayer service earlier and while I was giving my offering we felt an earthquake. Everyone there felt it. Could it be the god heard my prayer? Will the Gods give us favor this MAS?

Afterwords I got to lay the plans for the barricades, which was a first I think for myself. My plan is to bottleneck the enemy in all directions, giving warriors room to fight on the barricades or back behind the line.

Caswir attempts to cast a rune spell of protection at the newly fortified entrance to Runewick. He watches as mana dispells a great burst at the campfire.

"I will do what I must to protect this town. Ive made a life here, now is my chance to do what I know best... destroy the dark forces of the unspoken army. It starts with the little things. Like building barricades for MAS. I will show the Archmage and everyone else why picking me for the council was a good decision. I have outlasted a handfull of councilors as they come and go. My determination for quality of life and will to lead in times of desperation will solidify my place. Whether its ever officially recognized or not. I am not giving up. I am not going anywhere. "

Caswir kicks at the dirt on the ground.

"I do have a new idea for a ritual. I cant wait to tell my mage friends. I want to create a flamespell at the yewdale lighthouse. The flame will be to honor those that have left us. I will wait to the new year and in the meantime look for mages to join the ritual."

Drakull looks onward grimacing, he begins to flashback to his venture at sea...
Caswir

Dedication ritual

Post by Caswir »

[Yewdale] Dedication Ritual
Mages will meet in Yewdale for a gathering to preform a ritual. A firespell will be lit in dedication to those no longer with us.

~Caswir

Start time of the quest:
08th Elos 71 - 03:00 pm (17. October 2023 02:00 pm)

[[https://illarion.org/statistics/us_quests.php?id=1762]]
Drakull hangs a notice on the event board. Then proceeds to make notes on the guild notice board explaining his plan in detail.
The point of the ritual this day is to send a message and serve as a memorial. A dedication to those who are no longer with us. A dedication to those who still carry on. We will first proceed to yewdale, and look toward the forest for a tree. I have a few spotted out that are about the right size. We will fix two large logs in a upward position, to make two wooden columns. The mages present will use pure fires and logs to cast a enchanted flame in the center of the wooden columns.
Despite all - Our fire rages on!
An invitation to Illuminates of ethereal arcane -
I could use some assistance on this one
Caswir

Engraved Coffin

Post by Caswir »

Caswir Drakull wakes in his room in the lighthouse. He calmly walks the bridge to Runewick, upon finding a coffin with his name engraved on it. "Blasted, the damn dead are up to their tricks again. I wonder what happened here?" He says as he looks around the scene. He then goes to scout the other two realms and finds coffins at their gates also. The one at the gates of Cadomyr was engraved with Aleytys Lamars name and the one at Galmair, Greums. "I wonder.. " Caswir ponders to himself while walking back to Runewick. "Did anyone think I was dead?" he laughs. "I thought I told enough people my story. I even wrote on the town boards about my journey at sea, and finding a tombstone with Caswir Drakull engraved at the water dungeon. Whoever engraved the tombstone at the water dungeon surely had something to do with these coffins. This aint no coincidence!" He sighs. "I hope they didnt fall for it and believe I was actually dead." He just shakes his head and approaches the tombstone. He takes a parchment from his sack and scibbles down some runes in a spell.

Caswir wanders to town and writes a message on the board. It reads..

Caswir

Coffin breakdown

Post by Caswir »

Caswir

A memorial is built in Yewdale

Post by Caswir »

Caswir and friends gather in Yewdale this day. They work together to build a memorial. First they chop down an apple tree and fix the log upright. This one followed by another tree. Afterwards Caswir and Shireena focus on casting a lasting magic flame in the center of the wooden columns, using pure fires. Some details are added afterwards.

Caswir later adds an announcement to the town board.

A memorial is built in Yewdale this day. You are invited to come visit.
Caswir

Golden Apple Experiment - Golem Statue?

Post by Caswir »

Caswir weighs out in his hands two solid gold apples. Both crafted by him as an experiment a glimmering solid gold apple. One shimmers while the other dull.

"I still need to find a spot for a golem statue. Deanna seems to be behind the idea now as well. Some suggest I build the statue in Yewdale. Placement is everything.

Then again I thought that we could build the statue at the enterance of Runewick. It would almost act as a guardian then. .. "

"Perhaps here..."

Caswir wanders around looking for the perfect spot for the Golem statue.
Caswir

Illuminates Tavern meeting

Post by Caswir »

Illuminates Tavern meeting
Friends of Caswir and Mages all over illarion are welcome to meet at the Quadruped Red Bird this day for open bar at Illuminates meeting. Anyone willing is welcome to bring food. We all bring something then have a feast. Flannery is set to perform as bard.

Time: 20th Findos 71 - 12:00 pm (06. January 2024 01:00 pm)

Place: Quadruped Red Bird (Lighthouse) - Yewdale

Attention! Guild seeks out new mage initiates.
Caswir

Ethereal Air Aethir

Post by Caswir »

Ethereal Air Aethir

Caswir uses a handy trowel tool to align and rearrange the lighthouse. A new rug was made for the bar, ready for guests in just a few days for the illuminate event. Earlier Malchus and Caswir took some armored statues and fixated them on the roof, along side a black flag to welcome travelers.

Meandering through the storage room Caswir picks up an old metal Crocus flower he had crafted out of copper when he first arrived in Yewdale.

He pondered a moment. All the years he had stay at the lighthouse at the harbor here, and rooming with Kyre for that short time. Now she is gone, and the guild may have turned to dust. Where has Orren gone to? Alistar? Or Ademar?

"This guild needs a breathe of fresh air. Hopefully I can find a group of mages to work with in the future."

He puffs a cloud of chill air.

"Its sad to think about all who have just up and left this place. Now Shireena hasnt been seen. I had high hopes she would join the guild and be a key member."

He says frowning distraught at Shireena's recent disappearance. After a moment he puffs out his chest and holds his wooden pipe in the air and proclaims

"There will be new mage students eventually. One's eager to learn the arcane theory! I am certain of it!"

He steps causeously throughout the room, copper flower in hand. "The Illuminates event is in two days. Surely there will be much to talk about, .. much going on in the realm right now." He pauses for a moment.. "Ahh! We are going to feast. I made sandwhiches and I will bring muffins or something else good. If everyone brings food, we can have a huge feast!"
Caswir

Notes on Glyph shards

Post by Caswir »

Some notes are scribled down on a parchment and graphed out in a diagram.
Amethyst: Slow
Ruby: Fire
Sapphire: Teleport
Obsidian: Null other glyphs
Emerald: Slow II
Topaz: Mirror Attack
Diamond: Extra Damage
"The glyphs seem to be changing somehow. In the chaos I think I can start to make out which ones piece together just by looking at em."
Caswir

Holy Maestro Trifecta

Post by Caswir »

Holy Maestro Trifecta
🝑 [Tool]
🝒 [Stringed Guitar]
🜤 [Flower Ornament]

He who can seize the Holy Maestro Trifecta is said to be able to control the past, present, and future.

One would be able to look into the future, and change things at a whelm. One could reverse time and live for moments in the past. You would live the whole rest of your life in awe at the silliness of it all.

Red Bird
20th Findos 71
Friends of the IOEA meet this day at the Quadruped Red Bird. They drink and gamble for gold. A bard named Flannery plays a harmonious song about dice. Some discussions go on about the reworking of the constitution of Runewick and allowing non mages to join the IOEA. Those there voice their opinion on the low population, and low settler numbers. The friends down berry booze and waste the night away. Music and loud chatter can be heard all across Yewdale.

Land for rent
Empty plots of land go up for rent in Yewdale and Runewick.
  • Anthil Estate- Located in Yewdale near Dragons Lair. Nice creek runs by. Chickens and trees.
  • Merryglade Estate= Located in Yewdale near Hen House. Plot on island. Nice view.
  • Oldra Estate- Located in forest near Twin Eyes Island. A good place for herbs. Cattle, Faeries. Ocean shore.
Each marked at 20 gold coin a month and rank requirement. Do you think it can be negotiated?

Invisible Spirit Around Us
Have you ever felt as if there was an undergoing current in the air? An invisible web that connects all living things. This is the Ether...
The great spirit. However you call it, it is where we all end up eventually. It is like an underlying dimension that is everywhere around us. A whole world where there are beings and creatures made up of the underlying Ether. You can see these beings when they want you to, but you cant really see them for they are the abstract. A glimpse into the invisible world all around us. Could this be Cherga's rule and realm? We are literally pulled from the Ether itself by Cherga when sent to cross.

It's in the cool ocean breeze. If you can sense it. The realm withen the realm. Invisible things and invisible beings. This overwhelming conscious force works like the hand of Cherga. It is a game we were ment to win.

Skeleton Bash
Hey Hey Ho!
Hey Hey Ho!

Bones rattle and crack
Another skeleton attack!
Mana flows as does blood
As mighty warriors bash down on skulls

Hey Hey Ho!
Hey Hey Ho!

Storm the Mountain!
Letma Caverns Deep
Demon plane portals!
Fight! Fight! Fight!

Hey Hey Ho!
Hey Hey Ho!

Fight by the Sword
Fall by the Sword
Malachin grant me might!
Tonight we celebrate another victorious fight
A rock song written by the one time bard Caswir Drakull.

Caswir

Regulus 🜟

Post by Caswir »

18th Olos 71
A revelation
Crocus martis. Upon further investigation- the Crocus martis parchment with strange runes Caswir had found in his box describes a Crocus of Iron. I dont know if I ever will find out exactly what those strange runes mean, they seem to go in a pattern.
Further research on the subject has turned up something interesting. After scanning over some books in the library, I came across an old book. Bound in green dyed leather, this torn and weathered book explains Crocus martis is a tradesname in alchemy for a fine red powder that has use as substitute for red iron oxide. Red iron oxide is used in pottery, smithing, glassblowing, or as a dye.

Red Cloud Extract A fine red powder found as a rarity in Illarion, said to be the extract of the red cloud itself.
It is rumored to be used to create the very thing I so dread. Demonic portals or gateways. Often times these red cloud gateways are one way entry points for hell spawn of skeletons, undead, and creatures.
This red powder extract is a potent substance, and desired greatly by those who know what its capable of, Alchemists and Mages alike.

Granor Berginhieb shewdly offer a bounty of 100 gold coin when asked about the all alluring Red Cloud Extract. Greedy dwarf.. there is something he is not telling me..
To go about to aquire this substance for personal study or use, there are methods one could use.

Red Cloud demonic portals can be troublesome to get rid of. A sturdy group of mages casting a ritual in chant can dispell the Red Cloud Portals. Find yourself a mage and illuminate one self!

Consultation of Constitution
Few gathered at the town hall today. We are here to look at the Constitution of Runewick. It was this day under Archmage that it was decided the constitution of Runewick become a living document, to be re-examined upon need.
Aswe brings a lot of ideas to the table today. Many of which got approved to be added as new Articles and a reworking of the Regulations.
Runewick is currently accepting new ideas for additions to the constitution, to be sent to Academic Councilmembers and the Archmage for review.
It was also decided rent prices would be looked at again, and are subject to change. In order to build funds and keep our realm desirable.

Alchemist dont turn lead into gold, they turn words into worlds! 🜟

Regulus
...And the rest is rust and stardust!
Caswir

Planting Traps and Acid Substance

Post by Caswir »

Planting Traps and Acid Substance
Meet outside of pub in Runewick this day for a lecture on hazards of Trap plants, demonstration on acidic substance and planting of Carnivorous Lizard Trap seed. All citizens and herbalist should come this day for a special academic event. Warning: if you are lizard, halfling, or elf the trap plants may be dangerous specific to you, so caution must be taken. Bring whatever tool you think would be good at taming wild aggressive tentacles. See you there!
The plan is this day to plant a Carnivorous Lizard Trap seed. The seed should be planted on the islands where the other trap plants are. Close but not too close that it will become a problem or be out of hand. Before I will go over the dangers of the trap plants and what cautions we should take. Citizens should bring whatever tool they deem necessary to tame wild tentacles.
When?: 18th Tanos 72 - 01:30 pm
CAUTION: It should be noted the trap plants ooze and spit acid substance from tentacles.

I question whether more of the acid substance can be sampled from the plant and what use it can be of. Join me this day to test our knowledge and skill.

Caswir

Night Owls

Post by Caswir »

Master tool - Trowel
Use of the trowel is the work of a master, one who knows all kinds of crafts well. That is what makes for a good builder.
I Caswir have been working with Malchus at the Anthil Estate and the building of the house there. Its a lot of real hard work. The two of us built the floor, walls, and a second story. It takes time dedication and skill.
The trowel should be used to bind men together. Fellowship of our great realm.
I did a lot of work at my own estate at the lighthouse. I put in new tile on the roof, and started the interior tile. I built armor into the roof like gargoyles. Yes by all means the construction trowel is a great tool for master craftsmen. With this tool we will be capable of amazing things. We are really able to liven up our homes now.

Night owls
We drink the rum from the red moonlight, and smoke the dewy air on the trees. It is us! Night owls.. Dragging the midnight pickaxe across many a rock. It is us who make the difference between ghosts. As we stow the fire amid the hollow workplace. Our tale will not be forgotten. Once a time of wilderly chaos now dimmed down to a light. Many faces travel the lands, but who will turn the stone?

Illuminates still seek initiates. I am willing to consider allowing non mages to join as supporting member.
I am still trying to get us new cloaks made. Having a hard time finding the right tailor.

Open for business at the Illuminates guildhouse
Let it be known I have stocked the shelves at the guildhouse with berries and blackberries. Everything needed to make fresh berry booze on demand. Stop in and get a drink or a six pack today!
fresh made berry booze: 50 silver
six pack berry booze: 250 silver
Caswir

🜞 Crocus of Iron

Post by Caswir »

🜞 Crocus of Iron
Crocus A fine red powder used in glazes and clay bodies as a substitute for red iron oxide. Can also be created from the crystallized iron, calcified on crucible. It is fluffier than red iron oxide and disperses well in glaze.

The runes breathe life. Mana flows yet again in these realms. The never ending forge consuming my efforts like the light of day. The grim realization that there is always a fight to be fought. Relinquish your shackles for the elder ones to lift your burden.

🜞 Do not throw away repair kits after one use. They are good for multiple uses if done correctly.

Primary Runes
Caswir has made a set of plectrums out of silver ore. Each one is etched with a primary rune. The silver plectrums glimmer and shine.
  • CUN: Water element [Tanora]
  • JUS: Air element [Findari]
  • PEN: Spirit element [Eldan]
  • RA: Fire element [Bragon]
  • SOLH: Earth element [Ushara]

Runespells should use one primary rune when casting, along with one or two secondary runes. The primary runes coincide - one with each of the pure elements.
The five Elder Ones - the five elements
If you travel to the northern islands you will get to experience the affects of some of the primary runes.
Runes are often spoken or chanted during arcane rituals.
Some mages have been known to sacrifice wands along side pure elements and runes to cast powerful spells. Ive seen it done before once or twice before in ritual. Drawing mana from multiple wands at once... What an amazing theory?
Some books and parchments with studies of runes are found if one digs deep.

Philosophers stone
Said to have magical powers and is able to turn base metals into precious metals like silver or gold. It is said to restore life or grant immortality. Some say it is a common substance, found all over but unappreciated. The stone itself is said to be red in color, like a toadstool. Some call it "the Tincture" or "the Powder". Ultimate divine immortality, heavenly bliss... what would it make of you to have such a stone? 🜣

Invitation: Four Winds
[Runewick] Four Winds
The four winds represent the changing seasons of weather in Naras. As with this chaos and change, we will travel elstree forest and make pilgrimage to Nargun temple. We will say a short prayer and those who want can give donations. After we will change things up and march forward to Igruks territory and will battle to fight against dark forces.

Start time of the quest: 23rd Naras 71 - 03:00 pm
You are hereby invited to join us in Runewick this day, where we will make pilgrimage from Runewick to Narguns temple for short prayer. Then we make way to the north to encampment of followers of the uncalled one. This Naras is the month of four winds. It is called that because of the wild weather that happens during Naras. The clashing of the four seasons.

Flyers for the event are hung up and passed around.

aes ustum

Caswir

Illuminates of Wind and Air

Post by Caswir »

RA Rune of Fire
It is well known that RA is the powerful rune of fire. Used in rituals, chants, and spells. Ra is directly connected to the elder god Bragon. Chanting the ancient rune alongside sacrifice of pure fire, will allow the mage to cast eternal fires. An example is the memorial in Yewdale. Runestones can actually be made of stones or scraps of metal, by carving the rune sigil into the stone or metal. The runestones should be magically charged by the mage during creation. Runes can also be drawn or imprinted into clothes or armor. They are said to give protection and strength. Ra is one of the five primary runes. The reason the Ra rune is so particularly powerful may be its connection to the Column of Fire.

Battlemage
Caswir flashesback to another time some years ago. A more chaotic time indeed it was, Caswir was just coming up as a swordsman and had not yet learned magic. It was only after days and days spent at the mine, smithing his ores into goods ready to sell. He did this for over a year to gain enough money for the trainer. Eventually through very hard work, Caswir was able to unlock his own mana. Now able to cast magic and swing a sword at the same time. He uses the tactics of a battlemage. Caswir tributes his battle mage fight abilities from watching his one time boss and leader of Galmair, Evie Pryler. She was one of the only other battlemages Caswir has met, able to dawn armors and weapons alongside mana. He recalls the time he cut someone down to the cross, just for speaking bad about her. The thug would have surely threaten her, I guess Cas taught him a lesson. It was a far more chaotic time.

Four Winds 71
For todays event only three people showed up other than myself. A crew of four, ready to take pilgrimage for the Four Winds. We shortly arrived at the Nargun Temple where I said a prayer and set out some sacrifices. I had made a mistake and thought daggars were a sacrifice item, then of course I told everyone to bring daggars. I also left some good smelling greens. Along with a feather. I took time and explained that in the book of Nargun it is written, "A black feather in the path of some will bring on dread of impending bad fortune wrought by the hand of a madman." I guess that makes me the madman, since I own a black feather I use it has only brought me good luck and victories. Each other person took a time to say a prayer. At that time I felt the ground shake. Flannery heard a voice also, she thought it to be Nargun speaking directly to her. The voice asked us to play a game of dice. So we each rolled one six-sided die. Aswe went first and got a six, Flannery a one, Malchus a six, and myself a three. Afterwords we waited and nothing happened, so we argued about the dice and what the voice ment or if it was even Nargun. I suggested we move forward to our destination.

We move through the forest to Igruk's hideout. There we bashed mummies, skeletons and orcs. It was odd though, this was someones hideout. Most definitely. A shrine to the unspoken one, sheep corpse.. disgusting. Right in our very own backyard. Flannery stated she had been hearing more voices in her head. I calmly explained to her "I dont want to go chasing voices into the wind." As Ive seen it before, other not so strong willed friends get turned to madness by a voice in their head. I warned her it could even lead to possession. By the time we could discuss why this location was important to know, rocks started falling from the mountain. Remember why it is called Four Winds, because of the four seasons colliding in this one month causing wild weather and storms. Well we got some wild weather after the rocks started falling. There was a lightning storm. Nothing like I had ever seen before. I quickly opened a book. We all made it home, but it was two late soon as we got back to Runewick.. magic from the forest had taken us. Malchus and Aswe were turned to deer, Flannery an actual rat, and I got turned in a rabbit. From there we dispersed. The spell didnt last long as I fell asleep on a bench and when I woke up I was no longer a rabbit. Was this an intervention from the gods? My guess it had to do with the dice game we played and the mysterious force at work. I would like to think it was Narguns doin. As he is the God of chaos and change, and it was at the base of his altar when flannery heard the voice. Nargun is known for riddles and trickery.

Anyways the small time I spent as a hare was interesting. All my time in Illarion I had never been magically transformed into anything other than by using a potion, but I had seen it happen to others soo many times. I guess my lucky streak is finally over and Nargun laughs.

Two Types of Mana Columns
It is not widely known, even with mages, that there are only two types of Mana Columns. The Fire column, and the Wind column.
The columns serve as use and source of mana throughout the lands. All mana lines can be led back to the columns.
One column is Justice, and the other Mercy. Representing duality and opposing forces. Day and night. Star and Moons.
Caswir

aes ustum

Post by Caswir »

JUS Rune of Wind and Air
The JUS rune is one of the five primary runes and is direct correlation to pure air. Spells with the JUS rune can affect movement, JUS spells even may stun or slow your enemy. Mages are able to craft their own runestones out of a found rock or smithed scrap metal. The JUS rune can be written in ink, and as it is so it can be etched into stone, or hammered onto a piece of gear. To craft a JUS runestone, search any area with lots of rocks for a good looking stone. As soon as you have a rock you are able to start charging it with energy or magic. The JUS sigil should be etched into the stone. What you have now is a JUS runestone charged with magic.

Job offer: Scribe wanted!
I am searching for a suitable scribe to make some copies of a book. The job requires knowledge of reading and writing. You will be copying pages from a book onto parchment paper then binding into a new book. Book should be exact. I will pay 4 gold for each book copied. Its a six page book, but that is subject to change before start. Aiming for 8-10 copies. Contact councilor Caswir Drakull if interested.

Aes Ustum 🜟
I have started writing of a magick book. It is a book about red powder and oxidation, how red powder can be created from crystalized iron deposits calcified on crucible, an explanation of magical glyph shards and their effects when used, and a word on the Aether. I have a weary feeling about the glyph shards however. There may be some change in motion, since recently the glyph shards are taking different shapes and colors completely. It could be a sign of instability in the nature of the magick. I will look for a scribe to make copies of the book after I have finalized it, so I can sell or give away. Although I have some editing left, I may try to get the book added to the library as a lot of the current books are outdated, and now I am curious the process. We gotta keep it fresh, in with the new.

Pillars of Eternity 🝑
Caswir takes a moment and stares the flame in silence. With the success of building the memorial in Yewdale, it has motivated me to continue to look for building projects. All this talk of a golem statue in Runewick, rumors started by yours truly. I should see it through. I think I finally found a good spot. I now will try to get it approved. Trust me I am putting a plan together.

We are getting far at building the house for Malchus. It is really turning out nice, I think it is due to superb planning on Malchus part. Its going to be nice having a neighbor, and Malchus is a good friend so it even better. It gets so desolate in Yewdale, but lately there have been all kinds of friends running through the area, its wonderful.

Essence of the Mountains 🝒
Above and below and all around you are.
Above and below and all around you are.
You are the essence of all the beauty of the life.
You are the essence of all the mountain!
The sacred one hears the voice of gold,
Atop the misty mountains high!
-bard song by unknown author.
Caswir

Regalis 🜟

Post by Caswir »

Unique Barricade Design for Mas Defense
Runewickans plot out a new barricade set up. If proven as useful as our tests, this design can be reused in following years. Creatures are able to get through the barricade when piled up. Take one or two steps back and leave room if worried about getting trapped. Something was howling at us continuously while we constructed the barricades. Was it a wolf? Or Narguns laughter? We never found out what the howl was. It is very important to remember if using the box for distance: take one or two steps back and leave room you will be much safer as piled up creatures can breach the barricade.

Regulus 🜟
Metallic slat left from the crucible on bottom of furnace. Resembling circle or star shape.

Regalis
Something seems to be out of place with the magical shards recently. I was unable to fill an order for enchantment today. What could be happening?

"Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution."
Caswir

Aes Ustum

Post by Caswir »

HEPT Runestone
Does this rune still have the strength it once did? I remember mages with stunning ice damage spells involving a hept rune. The most powerful one: HEPT KEL... I havent seen it used in ages.

Building a Merinium Gollem
I have been personally looking into efforts to donate a statue to Runewick. An Idea to show glory in the realm, and boost the scenery. So my idea was to try to build a gollem statue. If placed at the right spot, a gollem could be seen as a guardian and symbol of strength. Deanna suggest we use merinium on the statue. So after some research I think we must gather parts from actual gollems. Head Limbs Torso. These parts should be taken used in a cast and mold. If we did this, we could make a cast of each part then assemble them together to form the statue.

Ysbryd Glyph
Into the chaos we go, as a strange sensation falls over me that things are not normal. Could it be the changing of seasons and new year coming up? Perhaps it is premonition of some future events.

🜤

The following book I wrote on some theories on magic. I have copied it here for others to transcribe or review. Ayye it is a magic book indeed. I want to get it added to the library. It is intended to be a guidebook.

aes ustum
by Caswir Drakull

Page 1:
Regulus of Iron
My name is Caswir Drakull. I have been acting as town leader of Runewick since I was put on probationary status of the Academic Council in 05. Chos 63.
Director of Magic Studies and Supernatural in Runewick, I oversee operations as mage. I also have been acting founder of the IOEA guild [Illuminates of Ethereal Arcane] since 09. Findos 58. We are a mage based guild, for arcane theories.

Page 2:
The Illuminates will always find a way to bring things to the light. We sense through the aether like the wind. I believe what I know is right from what I pick up from very reliable sources. The following pages are some notes on my studies.

Index
3. Crocus of Iron and its similarities to Red Cloud Extract
5. an explanation on glyph shards
6. words on the Aether
7. Mana Columns and purpose
8. Primary Runes and Runestones

Page 3:
Crocus martis.
Fine red powder, can be used as substitute for red iron oxide. Red powder is used in pottery, smithing, glassblowing, or dye. Crocus of Iron can be created from the crystallized iron deposits calcified of crucible. Also known as just Crocus.

Red Cloud Extract
This is probably the finist powder. It has a deep red color. Rarity thought to be the extract of the Red Cloud itself. Some speculate it is used to create Red Cloud.

Red Cloud
Demonic gate for hell spawn of skeletons, undead, and nasty things.

Page 4:
What conclusions can be drawn from this are unsure.

The goal is not to turn lead into gold, but rather words into worlds.

REGULUS
+o+

...And the rest is rust and stardust!

Page 5:
Magical Jewel Shards
Can be found at various spots around the land. When crafted into jewellery they create magic effects. Some may find the magic shards difficult to decifer, the following are the names and corresponding jewel piece:
Amethyst Ring: Anemo / Amethyst Amulet: Gwynt
Ruby Ring: Pyr / Ruby Amulet: Daear
Sapphire Ring: Hydor / Sapphire Amulet: Tan
Obsidian Ring: Chous / Obsidian Amulet: Coeden
Emerald Ring: Dendron / Emerald Amulet: Ysbyrd
Topaz Ring: Nomizo / Topaz Amulet: Ilyn
Diamond Ring: Hieros / Diamond Amulet: Dwyfol

Page 6:
Aether
Have you ever felt as if there was an undergoing current in the air? An invisible web that connects all living things. This is the Ether. The great spirit. However you call it, it is where we all end up eventually. It is the underlying current that flows everywhere around us. A whole world there are beings and creatures made up of the Aether.
You can see the beings when they want you to, but you cant really see them for they are abstract. A glimpse into the invisible world all around us. Could this be Cherga's rule and realm? We are literally pulled from the Aether itself when sent to the cross.

Its in the cool ocean breeze. If you can sense it. The overwhelming conciousness works like Cherga's hand. It is a game we are ment to win.

Page 7
Mana Columns
Towering structures of light, you cannot miss them. They are known as functioning mana columns. They are found in each realm and throughout the wilderness. There are two types of these known structures: Column of Fire and Column of Wind.

The columns serve as use and source of mana throughout the lands. All mana lines can be led back to the columns.

One column is Justice, and the other Mercy. Representing duality and opposing forces. Day and night. Star and Moons.

Page 8
Primary Runes
Out of all runes possible there are five primary runes. The five primary runes coincide the five eldar gods and five elements.
CUN: Water element [Tanora]
JUS: Air element [Findari]
PEN: Spirit element [Eldan]
RA: Fire element [Bragon]
SOLH: Earth element [Ushara]

Runestones
Runestones can be created out of actual stones, actual rocks found in meaningful locations. The stones should be charged with magical energy, warmth and light. For each rune there is a sigil, the rune sigils can be carved into the rock carefully with a sharp percision tool.

Signed book can be purchased from Caswir Drakull for 6 gold. Dont be afraid to ask me about it. I have a few copies on hand. Feel free if you are inspired and capable, scribe a copy yerself!

((*Glyph forging section of aes ustum has been changed to fit the future glyph update.))
Caswir

Some notes

Post by Caswir »

MAS Year 71
This year had been exceptionally quiet, especially at our realm Runewick. Apparently, there had been some doppelgangers at Cadomyr. Srrt had said they found and banished two of them. I havent heard much other than that. Anyways I have some improvements to our barricade design for next year. My improvements will stop any piled up creatures from getting past the barricades. If useful, a permanent gate could be built.

Some notes on Copper
Copper oxidation happens when the metal is left to the elements and moisture. The copper turns a teal/green color. The oxidation causes corrosion in the metal.

After a while it starts to look similar to Merinium.. interesting. Could there be some connection? It could be merinium is an occurrence of the oxidation happening naturally in the stone.

Green Flame
When burnt in fire, copper will produce a green flame. Copper WILL melt in a wooden log fire. A truely marvelous effect.

New year!
All in all its been a good year. I got a lot done in my studies this year. I look forward to the new year and new events to come.

The lizard trap planting event is soon to come. Where we will plant a carnivores lizard trap plant at twin eyes isle. Should be interesting.

I have to talk some with others but I will make an expedition soon to find a golem we can use for a cast. There was some talk of using magic so the golem wont be hurt in the process. I think knocking it unconscious would suffice, but I will see what the others say.

Have a good new year!
Caswir

Planting traps reschedule update

Post by Caswir »

Planting traps event moved
The new day for the event will be 12th Ushos 72. We are waiting for a nice sunny day. So next weekend we will plant the lizard trap seed. Far off the path on twin eyes island.

The plants are to be considered dangerous to elves, halflings, and lizards. Tentacles with ooze. The ooze was once harvested by myself for an Acidic Substance.

The acidic substance is untested but is known to burn through regular armor.