configuring keyboard shortcuts

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

freem

configuring keyboard shortcuts

Post by freem »

Hello. I would like to know how to configure the keyboard, as I'm using an azerty keyboard (swap z/w and q/a). I can use the numpad, but it's not very practical (I use my mouse with right hand). Same applies to arrow keys (plus they seem to work randomly for some reason).
Brightrim
Developer

Re: configuring keyboard shortcuts

Post by Brightrim »

Unfortunately it isn't possible to set your own keybinds.

I'll add support for zqsd/azerty-keyboard-wasd-equivalent movement to the client for the next client update, though.
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

While it won't be on the release client until the next update, I've now added ZQSD support to the development client for testing purposes.

https://discord.com/channels/4018559542 ... 8643422399

You can access this by going into the "options" section of the launcher and changing "Illarion Client" from "Release" to "Development" then hitting "next" and clicking "play". Once in the account login section of the client, you can then once more click "options" and you will find "Use ZQSD for walking" as an option under the "General" tab. Hit that checkbox, click save and then log on as normally and you should be able to use ZQSD for walking the same way qwerty keyboard users use WASD.

As a side-note, Q is normally used to access the quest menu/ journal. Enabling ZQSD will disable this functionality of Q, but you can also access the journal using J so it does not remove any functionality.
JediConsul

Post by JediConsul »

I'm left handed and application "AutoHotkey" is lifesaver. Try it.

EDITED:
- Sorry it is not a good solution. With that you will encounter issue with writing in chat because of changed keyboard layout.
- To DEVs - will be great if you give the ability to change key bindings. It can be just a *.txt with "move north=7, move NE=8_w, move...."