Caiah and Taiah

All about Cadomyr and its Guilds. / Alles über Cadomyr und die Gilden in Cadomyr.

Moderators: Rosaline Edwards, Gamemasters

Taiah

Caiah and Taiah

Post by Taiah »

I have told her for years I can't write! To be honest I miss my silver hair, even though we were twins, it was the hair that distinguished us and why I told all I was the prettiest though I'll never admit Taiah is smarter. Was she really bribing me with letting everyone know the tailor killed the warrior in a fight, or was that just an illusion mentioned? It could be she just wanted to read my secrets also so I'm not putting all on paper, besides being unable to spell some of those words!

My first memory clearly was when Mama died and Papa became ill. Taiah took care of him and the house including cooking, I made sure we had coins to buy our food and pay rent. We didn't live near elves, so I learned ways to get coins as best I could by doing what needed to be done and NO Taiah... I'm not putting that here!

The day after Papa died is when we got into a fight. I can't remember it all except it was the worst and lasted forever then I passed out, forgot, or simply traveled to Cherga. When asked I told her I wanted to go back, she said that couldn't be arranged which confused me a lot. She told me Taiah wanted me back too and she could arrange something different if we agree. Well naturally I did and assume Taiah did also because next thing I knew I was sharing a body.. or was that just imagination?

written by Caiah Daekash
Taiah

Re: Caiah and Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Current date: 16. Olos 65

Still counting on the skill as a warrior to save them both and bring in coins, also wishing to be polite, Taiah sat near a stream in Illarion contemplating their past history. She read over what Caiah wrote slowly, making a huge effort not to change any wording nor spelling. As the mild wind caressed her dark hair, occasionally covering the words, Taiah used that time to nod and contemplate the silver hair of her Sister which they were told appeared similar to Mama though neither could remember that far back. Many had told them they weren't actually sisters but one or the other simply imagined the combination wishing not to give the other up. Taiah had decided long ago to simply believe her Sister still accompanied her be it she was with illusion, crazy or what. She acknowledged if illusion, there was a great difference between both sisters and wondered how that could be accomplished with simply one individual. Taiah, looking over the writing of Caiah, the Knight, also contemplating other differences, including their fears.

Dark eyes glanced up into the leaves of the heavy oak near the stream , deciding to write something after Caiah knowing her sister would expect it. Their house, tiny and close to the human settlement of Trambleville, managed to sustain them with only occasional hunger when Caiah couldn't get them more coins. In those times, she left her food for her Sister after feeding Papa. When there was a bounty, she traded food for Papa's medical hoping to help and trade books with their neighbors as a longing. Particularly those showing dance moves so she could practice her only love away from Papa after he was put to bed at night. His downward trend ignored in hopes of wishing for improvement. She told Caiah when asked there was no change not wishing to exacerbate the stress her sister was going through. Occasionally mending a torn area knowing her sister had been fighting and hoping to remove some of the pain yet other times not asking how the coins were obtained, fearful of the answer. Sighing heavily, Taiah decided enough had been written for tonight as she laid her head back on the trunk, thinking she would briefly close her weary dark eyes, ignoring a leaf caressing her cheek as it dropped to the ground.

Taiah Daekash's story
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

I had to ask Taiah the official name. I just called him Jarl which still gives me chills thinking of him. We finally were forced to leave our home because the villagers began to look at us strangely. They knew something was different. We got off the first stop happy to be on land, it was called Nordmark. Jarl Vigalf of Nordmark at first was kind and saved us. I don’t like to think about what happened to us there, apparently the hatred of Elves and even half elves gave them permission to be barbarians. I took some and Taiah other punishments in the nightmare we were prisoner of.

Written by Caiah
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Adras 9 and 10

I have been again tempted to adjust her writing because she avoids talking about our time as captive in Nordmark, it is worse then usual. Unfortunately I remember every detail up to the end when we lost our tongue ((was watched and approved by a GM)).

We were locked in a little cabin outside of town, rarely allowed to go in over the bridge, given one blanket for us to share and remained permanently cold particularly in the dead of night when the wind blew over the sea. Caiah said most of her punishments were the same as she previously got coins for except accompanied by use of the whip which I was unable to heal. Mine seemed lighter then hers yet we both remained hungry with the constant smell of food from the tavern next door. Looking for an escape may have been lost due to the cold and hunger with those that visited being hidden from us. I believe Caiah accomplished our eventual escape by attacking the Jarl in the forest when he was distracted, yet where were we to go was the big question after that, was the entire island similar? She only managed to injure him mildly and he would be after us soon calling us his toy.

We spent months hiding and healing then searching for a safe place even hunting for another ship. We communicated by paper and pen when we couldn't avoid others though Caiah and I could manage to understand each other with the lightest of whispers. One day we decided to follow an elf, They called him Arcia and we hoped he didn't see our stealth when he finally came to a beautiful place with an abundance of trees that was called Tol Vanima.

Written by Taiah Daekash