Aswe: Criminal Charges

All about Runewick and its Guilds. / Alles über Runewick und die Gilden in Runewick.

Moderators: Elvaine Morgan, Gamemasters

Avaroth Teladon

Aswe: Criminal Charges

Post by Avaroth Teladon »

The Rangers hereby invoke sections two and five of the Third regulation in order to bring about criminal charges against citizen Aswe for the following violations:

*Three counts of violating article one of the Runewick constitution.
Article #1: Every person has the constitutional right to live a peaceful life in accordance to his will.
*Three counts of violating article five of the Runewick constitution.
Article #5: Every citizen is obligated to further the pursuit of knowledge, understanding and wisdom.
*Two counts of violating section three of the Second regulation of the Runewick constitution.
III. Weapons shall be carried not in hand or claw but adequately secured in a belt, at the back or in a bag.
This excludes the city guard, the Ranger, the members of the academic council and of course the Archmage in fulfilling their duties. Furthermore are excluded are individuals who received an exemption regulation due to special reasons by the Academic Council, such as high officials of other realms and deserved heroes of Runewick.
Weapons meant by the regulation are all things whose purpose are attacks or combat. In particular, swords, daggers and other bladed weapons, axes, clubs and other blunt weapons, spears and other weapons piercing and all throwing weapons and ranged weapons such as bows or crossbows. Also wands and staffs and other objects whose purpose are not crafting things are forbidden. As weapons meant by the regulation also shields and equal objects are meant. Acute threat situations are excepted.
Aswe, current administrator of the Medical facility of Runewick, is accused to have taken it upon herself to seek a path of vigilante violence. Not only in the use of carrying weapons in the city, allegedly for use of physical violence against oath-sworn protectors of the realm - both by herself and whilst being heavily armored and brandishing a weapon when leading and participating in a mob that included Sarangerel of Galmair and other foreign invaders - but also in conspiring to and actively hiring a mercenary to commit murder on her behalf.

A two out of three majority of probationary Councillors have been informed of these charges and have agreed to press forward with a public trial. Witnesses testimony has been assured for the prosecution. It is now in the hands of the probationary council to lead the process, in the pursuit of justice.

In closing, the Rangers of Runewick implore the council to consider the clear conflict of interest of having Aswe in the position of administrator of the Medical facility of Runewick. Should oath-sworn protectors require the attention of a medico within the facility, they deserve to have peace of mind that their lifespan shall not be cut premature.

~ Avaroth Teladon
Aswe

Re: Aswe: Criminal Charges

Post by Aswe »

I. Aswe. Current administrator of the Runewick Medical facility hereby dispute every single one of these charges.

I demand a fair trial to prove my innocence.

- Aswe
Aswe

Post by Aswe »

It has now been seven dwarven days and no date of a trial has been announced.

I refuse to have these baseless accusations hang over my head. I demand a trial within the next dwarven month, as fitting with my rights in article 1 of the charter.

- Aswe
Avaroth Teladon

Aswe.

I would like nothing more than to have already brought this matter to trial and be done with it. In my opinion, it is an open and closed case.

However, it would appear that the probationary council has either refused or been unable (for whatever reason) to do their sworn duty and uphold the order of Runewick in this instance (and others). I'm not certain that I would be so bold as to declare that the probationary council has failed in their positions, bar a couple, though one could certainly be tempted into coming to such a conclusion.

Should the Archmage himself consider it in his wisdom to hand off the duty of handling a trial to the Rangers, such can manifest forthwith. I suspect only opponents of the Rangers would object to such an idea, seeing as it is the Rangers who are currently the sole protectors of order and territory in Runewick.

Rest assured, a meeting with the Archmage has been requested. Such matters as this and others shall be discussed and I remain hopeful that a solution can be found.

Until then, the Rangers shall be watching and upholding the strength and integrity of the realm.

~ Avaroth Teladon
Bidukan

The safety of Aswe

Post by Bidukan »

Greetings,

Due to some inquiring, we would like to state the safety of Aswe is guaranteed not only the day of her trial but before too. No citizen of Runewick is allowed to cause harm on her.

~Bidukan
Avaroth Teladon

[TRIAL] Aswe: Criminal Charges

The Rangers of Runewick have filed criminal charges against Aswe (previously of Runewick). They are as follows:

Three counts of violating article one of the Runewick constitution.

Three counts of violating article five of the Runewick constitution.

Two counts of violating section three of the Second regulation of the Runewick constitution.

Avaroth Teladon (the prosecution) and Aswe (the defendant) are advised to bring a second to support them and sit beside them in the trial.

Both sides are required to give a short opening statement and after all evidence is given, a short closing statement.

They may show and call upon any evidence or witnesses required to support their cause.

The trial will be held in the town hall of Runewick - Hall of Elara.

A jury of 3: Caswir, Drathe, and, in Lenniers absence, Deanna will hear the case and vote upon its conclusion.

Towns folk from all towns are invited to attend and watch - 11th Tanos 65

((Start time of the quest: 23. October 2021 09:00 pm SERVER TIME - check the time converter on the homepage to get your timezone))
Dragonlord Atarka

Post by Dragonlord Atarka »

Dear Judges and Avaroth,

The Sardon will be able to give his testimony in full, however he must request to be first to give testimony as soon as is possible during the trial. The Sardon must also request permission to leave the trial once he has delivered his testimony and asked any questions of the Judges. There are some unexpected personal matters this one must attend to during the day of the trial.

~Sardon Last of the Great Atarka

((I have some unexpected things occur irl and won't be able to stay for longer than an hour-an hour and a half))