Military district of Runewick and other perparations for Mas.

All about Runewick and its Guilds. / Alles über Runewick und die Gilden in Runewick.

Moderators: Elvaine Morgan, Gamemasters

Bidukan

Military district of Runewick and other perparations for Mas.

Post by Bidukan »

*A big parchment appears attached to every building in the town*

Be greeted fellow citizens of Runewick,

According to our third regulation, chapter II F), all the national territory will be a military district and under martial law since next Mas, 1st, 00:00 hours. The Rangers will be on command of Runewick for it's defense. Every Ranger is allowed to enforce the law summarily in order to protect our realm.

For now, the following instructions are mandatory:

* Non-fighters women and children have to seek shelter in the Hall of Elara
* Non-fighters men have to seek shelter in the Market, and be ready for any cooperation the Rangers may need
* Ranger Itsuko is appointed to custody the Archmage's Villa
* All Rangers, except Itsuko, have to meet up at Runewick fields one hour before Mas, 1st, 00:00
* All citizens able to fight have to report to Avaroth Teladon or Bidukan for supplies and get an appointment
* The Hospital of Runewick has to be working since Mas, 1st, 00:00
* Thievery, murder and kidnapping during Mas will be summarily judged and punished by Rangers of Runewick with no trial

In the name of Rangers of Runewick,

~Bidukan

~Avaroth Teladon
nathi

Re: Military district of Runewick and other perparations for Mas.

Post by nathi »

According to the third regulation of Runewick, in case of a threat to the territory of Runewick, the Rangers are in command of the defense, because all citizens capable of fighting are obliged to defend our land and town.
The main purpose of this regulation is to ensure the strategic defense of Runewick.

The Rangers have no further authority to issue orders in the town. However, all citizens of the city are expected to support the fighting units with all means, provide supplies and medical care. Refusal to provide such assistance may result in prosecution.

Any form of jurisdiction in Runewick, and there are no exceptions, rests solely with the Council and the Archmage.
Any change to Runewick's regulation and law, and here I draw particular attention to Article IV. of Runewick's third regulation, can only be made by the Academic Council and only with the approval of the Archmage.
I ask the Academic Council and the Archmage to make a statement at this point.

However, the support of the Rangers in the defense of the city should not be limited by this matter.
I would also like to point out that the support of the other realms and the assistance from the other realms in the Mas in all our interests has a long tradition in our country. I ask the Academic Council to clarify this matter before the Mas as well.

~Deanna
Avaroth Teladon

Post by Avaroth Teladon »

In case of an attack on the national territory, the Rangers of Runewick have the military command of all available citizens and allies which are ready for battle to defend the national territory.

Like others, it would appear you believe us to have been incredibly liberal with this definition and believe we have attempted to enact powers which we do not have.

The chapter allows us to call our citizens to arms, who are prepared, into battle and are to be under our tactical command. To be prepared is perhaps something of a matter of interpretation. However, clear guidelines have been set for those who find themselves unable.

You'll find the text implies military command. If you are educated in how military command is applied within a settlement, you may come to the conclusion that there is nothing unusual about designating strict safe zones for those who cannot defend themselves.

It is up to the Rangers to ensure the security of the realm. It's all quite elementary, really. Should it be the case that there are those who would deny and avoid our guidelines, their fate is in their hands. Yet should those who deny and avoid our guidelines put others in danger by luring unnecessary threats, for example, they shall be violating the constitution and shall be dealt with swiftly - they bring the fate of others into their ill-prepared hands.

It stands to reason that as time would not permit a trial in matters of emergency, those who would violate our laws shall be swiftly dealt with. It calls to logic that any who stray from safe zones have high chances to lure unnecessary threats by not following safe zone guidelines.

It is highly probable but not absolute that any who are not following these guidelines are to be punished. They may well die by their own foolishness, instead.

In the absence of Councillors who abide by the constitutional regulations in the proper manner, the Rangers must use all at their disposal to ensure the safety of the realm.

Lastly, enabling a jurisdiction that ensures the safety of our leader, the Archmage, is no nefarious thing. Rather, it is using foresight and initiative.

It's clear that your words stem from part of a thinly veiled movement of opposition toward the current unit of Rangers. One has to question the motivations of the former Councillor with these acts.

~ Avaroth Teladon
Aswe

Post by Aswe »

I must echo the sentiments written by the former councillor above.

This is a document which grossly stretches and contorts the ideas in chapter F. Taking them to a hilarious extreme and placing the liberties of Runewickian citizens.

- Temporary incarceration and segration by gender upon threat of a vaguely defined and instantaneous punishment.
- Worryingly. Not even the sovereign of Runewick, a mage of great strength and import, Elvaine Morgan is also subject to this imprisonment, under armed guard.
- The idea of commandeering the hospital overruns chapter F, going far beyond the stated resolution and conscripts civilians who are unable to fight.

however the most disturbing aspect of this is there is no defined ending date, no criteria for ending this martial law, to allow this to go forward may very well be to sign away any form of civilian control of Runewick.
"It is for security" is the age old cry of the popressor Runewick. Do not let them oppress.

= Aswe
nathi

Post by nathi »

Dear Avaroth

I agree with your elaboration on dedicated measures for the millitary security of our town. As a former founding member, I know the duties and responsibilities of the Rangers very well. And even though you state it differently, the Rangers can be sure of my full support.
However, I reiterate that you should not allow yourselves to become vigilantes. You can arrest criminals for later trial if no council member is present in time.
Runewick currently has two council members who are allowed and able to make decisions. After my return, I spoke with the Archmage only once, and we agreed that this council should have its chance on probation, and that I, as the highest-ranking citizen, should assist the Archmage as an advisor until further notice.
As for your public personal accusations towards me, I ask that in the future these opinions be exchanged and discussed in a personal conversation in private. I am sure we will find that we are not in mutual opposition.

~Deanna
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

nathi wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:15 am According to the third regulation of Runewick, in case of a threat to the territory of Runewick, the Rangers are in command of the defense, because all citizens capable of fighting are obliged to defend our land and town.
The main purpose of this regulation is to ensure the strategic defense of Runewick.

The Rangers have no further authority to issue orders in the town. However, all citizens of the city are expected to support the fighting units with all means, provide supplies and medical care. Refusal to provide such assistance may result in prosecution.

Any form of jurisdiction in Runewick, and there are no exceptions, rests solely with the Council and the Archmage.
Any change to Runewick's regulation and law, and here I draw particular attention to Article IV. of Runewick's third regulation, can only be made by the Academic Council and only with the approval of the Archmage.
I ask the Academic Council and the Archmage to make a statement at this point.

However, the support of the Rangers in the defense of the city should not be limited by this matter.
I would also like to point out that the support of the other realms and the assistance from the other realms in the Mas in all our interests has a long tradition in our country. I ask the Academic Council to clarify this matter before the Mas as well.

~Deanna
It would be nicer to get some support from you instead criticism. We haven't received a single potion, silver or arrow from you to defend the town. You, being a former councilmemeber, should give some example.

Regarding your thoughts, I'm surprised about your concern for criminals. As the third regulation gives us the duty to defend the town, you have to understand it includes everything necessary to acomplish the duty. And that includes to have our people safe from thieves, murderers and criminals in general. We can not fight in the frontline while criminals are abusing of our people.

We all know you have intentions to take back your seat in the council. But you rather should ponder the chaos you left in the town when you departed, suggesting Lennier as your replacement, who obviously failed and leaded to the current lack of administration for Runewick.

We are not changing laws, we are not taking more power than laws give us, we are not taking jurisdiction. We are just taking temporary and exceptional measures to lower the damage in our town. Something you never did as leader.

Regarding the cooperation and support with and from other realms, you would know we have always been there, but then again, probably you were too busy sleeping in your office to notice something about the front.

Sincerely,

Bidukan
Spokesman
Rangers of Runewick
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

We are glad to inform the following:

* Evacuation to safe zones has been successful so far, food and water is about the be provided within the next hours
* The Hospital is open and working with her administrator in charge
* Ranger Itsuko took place guarding the Archmage's Villa
* The Rangers troops are covering the national territory, fully supplied and ready to go in combat
* The realm of Runewick is safe for now

With kind regards,
Bidukan
Spokesman
Rangers of Runewick
Avaroth Teladon

Post by Avaroth Teladon »

The Galmairian halfling Fineas was seen running around Runewick, out of the safe zones and unarmored. Not only that, he chose to open several portals within the realm of Runewick, despite no doubt knowing the potential manipulation of them by servants of the Uncalled during Mas.

Any further actions of this sort by this individual shall result in a fitting punishment to suit the violation.

~ Avaroth Teladon
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

We are glad to inform our fantastic Rangers managed to get rid of the enemies who besieged our town. We keep in alert and guarding the national territory.

~Bidukan
Bidukan

Warning!

Post by Bidukan »

Dear citizens of Runewick,

We have to warn you all about a kind of rock of glass out of the entrance. This is a very dangerous artifact, which has already damaged several people. While we are working to destroy it, you don't have to get close to it.

Any unauthorized attempt to manipulate the rock which leads to whatever damage on people or nature, will be accordingly punished.

Ranger Avaroth and Councillor Caswir are on charge of this matter.

~Bidukan
Bidukan

Martial law is lifted.

Post by Bidukan »

Dear citizens of Runewick,

We hereby announce the martial law is lifted. We are glad to inform that, due to the exemplary behaviour of you all, there was not need for any punishment. We keep working for Runewick.

Bidukan
Spokesman
Rangers of Runewick