Rangers of Runewick.

All about Runewick and its Guilds. / Alles über Runewick und die Gilden in Runewick.

Moderators: Elvaine Morgan, Gamemasters

Bidukan

Rangers of Runewick.

Post by Bidukan »

*A big parchment is attached either in the guard room baord and in the Cottage's doors*

Be greeted citizens and friends of Runewick.

The new Academic Council wanted the Rangers back to it's origins and strictly obsevant of it's regulation. Therefor, we introduce the new organization.

1.- Organization:

Full Members:

- Avaroth Teladon
- Fooser
- Bidukan Azar (Spokesman)
- Sardon Atarka

On probation:

- Iszkul
- Itsuko Fuyuno
- Drushk
- Bjorn Cerviel

Shield friend:

- Orion Lysander

2.- Current priorities:

- Recruit new members
- Organize tranings
- Bring safety to national territory
- Rebuild the cottage as our meeting place
- Build an own armory and supplies to support members

3.- Treasure:

We are accepting donations to rise our armory and get supplies. Food and potions for training are welcome too.

Current stock:

Training potions: 10
Healing potions: 50
Training weapons: 40
Training shields: 7
Weapons: 30
Armor pieces: 30
Rabbit dishes: 50
Venisom dishes: 100
Peebles: 6,000
Slings: 4
Beer bottles: 20
Gold coins: 10
Magical gems: 50
Naldor logs: 4,000

In the name of the Rangers,

Bidukan
Spokesman
Warrior of Malachín
Last edited by Bidukan on Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Bidukan

First meeting agreements.

Post by Bidukan »

Be greeted citizens and friends of Runewick.

On 1st of Zhas of 64, we had the first meeting of the Rangers of Runewick of the new era. We made the following agreements:

1.- The attendant rangers agreed to nominate Bidukan as their spokesman, according with the third regulation.
2.- The attendant rangers agreed to ask the Academic Council to open and give The Cottage in Yewdale to the Rangers. Also, they will ask for permission to make some slight changes in the building.
3.- The attendant rangers agreed to start recruitment wisely. A new recruit has to get at least two votes from full members to get accepted, while a full member has to get an unanimous votation from full members to get promoted.
4.- The attendant rangers agreed to discuss with the Academic Council the status of the mercenaries within the Rangers.
5.- The attendant rangers agreed to ask Master Tailor of Runewick Jakob Maren for a design of their clothes.
6.- The attendant rangers agreed to open a treasure fund to finace their operations. Donations are welcome.

In the name of the Rangers,

Bidukan
Spokesman
Warrior of Malachín
Last edited by Bidukan on Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cassidy Eshorn

Re: Rangers of Runewick.

Post by Cassidy Eshorn »

A red haired small woman leading two toddlers to the board manages to grab her pen and write a quick parchment before pinning it up. A mischievous toddler manages to grab the pen and run being chased by the woman.

Ranger Bidukan,

As a long time ranger I don't recall agreeing to nominate any spokesperson though am fine if the leader Fooser and Runewick wish. I had assumed the Rangers still had the cottage as arranged by Deanna long ago but will bow to the current leaders. The other issues weren't brought up to me but I'm open to discussing with subsequent council. I'm sure we all appreciate your interest.

Sincerely Ranger Cass
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

Dear Ranger Cassidy,

Certainly you could've voted if you would have came in time and not more than hour late, when the votation was over. I suggest you to get yourself a bit updated before making such public statments. The meetings are precisely to inform members about the current situation and decide about it. You could as well pay a quick read about Rangers regulation.

With kind regards,

Bidukan
Spokesman of the Rangers of Runewick
Warrior of Malachín
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Dear Bidukan,

Please, show patience and don't get hasty. I am glad to see your motivation to develope the rangers. But....

I am sure, that you should be old enough now, not to need any master to discipline you like a school kid. To speak open, I am amazed, but not happy, about what is going on here. Do not make the same mistakes like in Galmair. Runewick will be your last chance!

All Rangers are of the same rights, not a single is of more importance than an other one. Keep respect to your comrades! Every choice should be made by 'all rangers' together. Don't fool a honorable Ranger to be too late to a meeting you placed without any chance to other to react.

I am irritated about 'internal' meetings only for rangers. The Rangers exsist to serve Runewick. I really advice you to change your intension in this matter, that anything could be 'serect' only for rangers.

I am also irritated to the new list of Rangers. Sure, you have confirmed the oath. But all other ones who did not until now, they will get the same chance. The Academic Council did not removed their rights until now.

~Lennier
Secretary of Runewick~
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

Lennier,

How bad example discussing internal matters in the public boards, no wonder why some citizens think they have the right to bring topics which belong to private talks to these boards. I decline for now giving an answer to your unfair comments and hereby request an urgent meeting between you and me.

With kind regards,
Bidukan
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

Who are you to dictate how a councillor should act? To dictate that citizen are not allowed to discuss things on the boards created for that very purpose?
You, a ranger, in a position that serves the town, not leads it, a position that serves us citizen, should just nicely obey like you volunteered to do.
You, someone so notorious you are banished from the other two realms these lands have to offer, with Runewick as your final chance, have no right to dictate how Runewick should do things.
You should be glad Runewick even allowed you this chance, and instead do what you can to serve us and not disrupt our peaceful lives.
Besides, why the need for secrecy? Runewick has always allowed for free discussion, we do not whisper in chambers or hide in the sewers, like it might have been where you came from before you were so disgracefully banished. To attempt to keep meetings where no one are allowed to attend, where you dictate everything, why would you do that if you do not have something to hide from the citizen? Something you think we'd disagree with, that may very well come to harm us?

Sincerely,
A concerned citizen who will opt not to leave their name, as they believe this ranger Bidukan is one who wishes to dictate by force and not one for the free open discussion that Runewick is all about, and thus is afraid they will be silenced should they reveal their name.
Avaroth Teladon

Post by Avaroth Teladon »

To those under the impression that the rangers are in league for themselves - I fear you are quite mistaken. We of the rangers are Runewick citizens and have taken an oath to protect the realm for exactly that reason. To view us as a mindless mob who should fail to utilize their initiative in these roles, for the betterment and security of the realm, is an insult. We are not mere drones. Nor is it the place for an unsigned stranger to dictate our use. If you wish to wield any weight of control over the rangers, I would suggest you elevate to a council position or I would propose you take the oath and become a ranger personally.

Lawless cultists and criminals have integrated themselves everywhere. The apathetic choose to ignore it because of the greater demonic threat. Anyone who fails to realize this is delusional. The same can be said for those who think that we shall not take action to remedy this. It has become all too common that the many are too squeamish or uneducated in the matters of criminality and the outcomes. We cannot afford for certain information to fall into the wrong hands.

My desire to argue on these boards is not greatly weighed against anything. Least of all a feather. If further action is required, let us do so in a civilized and official capacity.

~ Avaroth Teladon
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

Sinister wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:10 pm Who are you to dictate how a councillor should act? To dictate that citizen are not allowed to discuss things on the boards created for that very purpose?
You, a ranger, in a position that serves the town, not leads it, a position that serves us citizen, should just nicely obey like you volunteered to do.
You, someone so notorious you are banished from the other two realms these lands have to offer, with Runewick as your final chance, have no right to dictate how Runewick should do things.
You should be glad Runewick even allowed you this chance, and instead do what you can to serve us and not disrupt our peaceful lives.
Besides, why the need for secrecy? Runewick has always allowed for free discussion, we do not whisper in chambers or hide in the sewers, like it might have been where you came from before you were so disgracefully banished. To attempt to keep meetings where no one are allowed to attend, where you dictate everything, why would you do that if you do not have something to hide from the citizen? Something you think we'd disagree with, that may very well come to harm us?

Sincerely,
A concerned citizen who will opt not to leave their name, as they believe this ranger Bidukan is one who wishes to dictate by force and not one for the free open discussion that Runewick is all about, and thus is afraid they will be silenced should they reveal their name.
Dear anonymous,

I am not dictating anybody how to act, but remarking this topics should be dealt in private, as common sense advices. I would speak this personally with you but your lack of gentleness makes it not possible.

My troubles with other towns or people is nothing of your concern, even less when you are not even capable to identify yourself. If you dare, you can come to me and I will gladly tell you about it. That subject doesn't belong here.

There's no secrecy about the Rangers, and that's why we informed the community about the agreements made. The Rangers meetings are for Rangers, obviously, as doesn't make sense at all people outside organization come. This meeting was meant to take some unimportant decissions to start an active working. Why would someone outside the organization come and tell us what to do? Regardless that, I will make sure the next meeting is open to the whole community, I will even send letters to Salkamar and Albar incase someone from there wants to come as well. I will be waiting your attendance, and I truly hope you are not a ranger.

And last but not least, it's a shame you are not capable to see positive things happening in our town. The Rangers are alive once again. The Rangers are building up a treasure fund to defend the national territory. The Rangers are raising new projects for Runewick's good. You sound like a person who only has negative things to bring up.

Sincerely,
Bidukan
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

Quick report:

- On 11th Zhas of year 64, Itsuko Fuyuno has joined as Ranger on probation, under my guidance. Make us proud!
- Some donations have been received and added to the treasure
- The next 19th Zhas the Rangers will held a training on Runewick fields
- Soon we will announce a date to gather materials for town warehouse, as it's our duty help Runewick in any way
- Soon we will announce a date for the next meeting

With kind regards,

Bidukan
Spokesman
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

Quick report:

- Thanks to Aly, Drathe, Caswir, Itsuko, Avaroth, Jakob, Orion, Zelphya for joining the training. There will be more.
- Inactive ranger Cassidy Eshorn has left the Rangers, we wish her good luck for her future.

With kind regards,

Bidukan
Spokesman of the Rangers
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

A new meeting has been held. Nobody of those who complained before arrived. There are the following agreements and news:

- We will introduce a new rank to the Rangers, details will come in the future
- There will come trainings with a higher frequency
- We need some extra space in the Cottage, so we will make some proposals to the Council
- We will be gathering resources to future needs
- Ranger on probation Itsuko Fuyuno will start soon a tactic training under Bidukan's guidance
- We made an agreement of mutual cooperation with the Faculty of nature and alchemy
- The rest of the agreements are not public

With kind regards,

Bidukan
Spokesman
Rangers of Runewick
Avaroth Teladon

Ranger report, 10th Siros 64:

Today, whilst dismantling of the flood protection, former ranger Cassidy Eshorn reported to myself and ranger Bidukan that Sarangerel of Galmair made a threat of murder. The report was, and I quote:

"Someone wants to kill you Bidukan.. told me to tell you."

On questioning who the person making these threats was, we received this answer, and I quote:

"Saran"

The severity of this threat against an oath-sworn protector of the realm shall be treated with the utmost seriousness nature it deserves. It should be noted also that this threat is coupled with words spoken by Sarangerel - previous to former ranger Cassidy Eshorn's report. Again, I quote:

"If Runewick decides it is no big deal... people will act accordingly in front of Runewicks bridge."

The above quote is taken from a conversation that took place in the Runewick tavern between Caswir and Sarangerel. The conversation was regarding the previous accusations levied on ranger Bidukan during his time in Galmair.

Let it be noted that any matters involving previous allegations should be taken up with the council. There is a protocol in place for such things and renegade violence or threats shall never be tolerated. All acting rangers are hereby implored to keep a close eye on Sarangerel of Galmair, should she step foot inside Runewick. Also ensure that if she steps foot inside Runewick that she does so unarmed of weapons or wand. This matter shall be taken up with the council and any acts of violence toward oath-sworn protectors of Runewick or indeed citizens of our realm shall be met in kind. Justice shall always be served.

~ Avaroth Teladon
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

Weekly report:

- The citizen Aswe was found in the town carrying a dagger in her hand. Asked to drop the dagger, she refused
- The frontiers and national territory have been patrolled intensely and there's nothing unusual to report
- The recently banned galmairians have not been seen violating the ban
- A huge amount of weapons and armors have been added to Rangers stock
- There is a new private donation which includes magical gems
- Sardon Atarka has rejoined the Rangers as full Ranger, oath pending

With kind regards,

Bidukan
Ranger of Runewick
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

- Today Drushk and Bjorn Cerviel joined us as Rangers on probation under Bidukan's guidance
- An investigation has been opened against the halfling from Galmair "Fergro" for conspiration, sabotage and propaganda
- We ask to our citizens to report the one leaving logs in our woods
- We are looking for paid alchemist and tailor

Sincerely,

Bidukan
Spokesman
Rangers of Runewick
Bidukan

Beware of an orc known as Juumajin.

Post by Bidukan »

Greetings fellow citizens of Runewick:

An extremenly dangerous orc known as Juumajin has been seen lately around Galmair. Incase he decides to wander around Runewick and you face him, you should quickly seek shelter inside the town and report his presence to the Rangers. The orc has also mighty and dangerous allies.

The orc is tall and has grey skin with messy red hair. Either uses axe or hammer

The Rangers are alert and patroling the national territory.

With kind regards,

Bidukan,
Spokesman
Rangers of Runewick
Last edited by Bidukan on Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bidukan

Preparations for Mas.

Post by Bidukan »

Citizens of Runewick,

The Rangers of Runewick are supplying everything you may need to fight on next Mas. You can request armor pieces, weapons, potions, glyphed rings, food and whatnot to join the defense of Runewick.

Bidukan,
Spokesman
Rangers of Runewick
Bidukan

A shoutout for active Rangers.

Post by Bidukan »

Rangers Sardon and Itsuko and shield friend Orion, report to myself before Mas, we have work to be done.

With kind regards,

Bidukan
Spokesman
Rangers of Runewick
Bidukan

Stay away from Cadomyr.

Post by Bidukan »

Dear Rangers,

Due to the latest news from Cadomyr, we strongly advice our members not to visit that realm. Further statements will come within the next hours.

Sincerely,

Bidukan
Spokesman
Rangers of Runewcik.
Bidukan

Warning with the dwarf Romomir.

Post by Bidukan »

Greetings,

The dwarf known as Romomir from Galmair was found cutting woods, leaving the logs over the ground in our woods and intentionally trying to cause a forest fire by making several campfires. He was expelled heavily wounded by me. Ranger Sardon witnessed the devastation and helped extinguish the fire.

He is banned from Runewick soil. As soon as the Council allows it, he will become hunted too. Should he violate the ban, the Rangers are allowed to jail him using the force if necessary. If a Ranger is attacked by him, he should be knocked without hesitation.

Sincerely,

Bidukan
Spokesman
Rangers of Runewick
Dragonlord Atarka

Post by Dragonlord Atarka »

To elaborate upon the Bidukan's report of the Dwarf Romomir,

The Dwarf had lit seven fires right next to trees, leaving hundreds of logs strewn about. The Sardon did go to Galmair and asked the dwarf if he would come peacefully to await a Council member's judgement. The Sardon clearly stated that no force could be used to remove him from Galmair and further explained that if he came peacefully that surely amends could easily be made. He did come and the Sardon offered to house him in the Ranger's cottage, he asked if he would be locked in there and the Sardon confirmed this to him. Further clarifying that it was his choice to stay willingly or evade judgement. The Dwarf Romomir then claimed he did this for the half-man Fineas and that Bidukan was a robber baron, he then swore he would get stronger and come back to kill the Bidukan.

This is most assuredly a most grievous attack on Runewick's forest with fire, if it were not for the bravery of the Bidukan to drive away the threat and the Sardon to put out the fires with quartz sand there could have been vast devastation to our land. Is this an act of war as the Galmairians have threatened?

~Sardon, Last of the Atarka
Last edited by Dragonlord Atarka on Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonlord Atarka

As the Sardon wrote the above report the dwarf had returned and set more fires to the bridge into town!

This is a cowardly act of sabotage by Galmair. The Council should be notified immediately that there may be further attacks upon our land. It is the Sardon's belief that this was a purposeful act perpetrated by the order of the Don. Surely if this was not an attack on our forest then Galmairian officials will agree to hear the report by the Rangers and act upon it themselves.

~Sardon Last of the Atarka
Last edited by Dragonlord Atarka on Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonlord Atarka

The dwarf returned yet again and attacked the Sardon.

The dwarf Romomir is to be slain upon sight, he is considered to be armed and dangerous.

~Sardon
Avaroth Teladon

Fellow Rangers,

Following recent reports of violations committed by the dwarf Romomir of Galmair, I decided to take it upon myself to interrogate him. It would appear that my own investigation has confirmed the words of my colleagues, in so much that the dwarf claims to have received payment in the form of food-stuffs to conduct said actions on behalf of Fineas of Galmair. Specifically, the acquisition of 200 heartwood from our natural resources - resulting in the discarding of several logs that remained scattered across Runewick soil.

Romomir also admits setting several fires within our forest. However, he denies claims of willful arson. Be that because he is either ignorant of the consequences of setting fires in forests or indeed because he wishes to cover up his violations with lacings of falsehoods. The dwarf also denies the willful destruction of property, in the form of setting fire to the bridge, and claims self defense to the accusations of attacking oath-sworn protectors of the realm.

Romomir of Galmair is clearly a novice in the ways of criminality and I have little reason to object the integrity of the reports made by my fellow Rangers. However, even though we have probable cause and testimony from our Rangers, as well as the violator's confessions, I would implore my fellow Rangers not to put too much weight behind the idea that this is the work of a larger Galmairian plot. At least, not until we have the necessary information to back up such bold claims. Whilst the leadership of Galmair may stand with Cadomyr and choose to overlook their transgressions, I have little doubt that any plot by them would be orchestrated with far more professionalism. These actions are clearly those of amateurs. That said, investigations are of course ongoing.

P.S ~ The interrogation took place in the temple of the Five. Thus, he was not slain on sight. However, Romomir has been reminded what shall happen to him should he return to Runewick.

~ Avaroth Teladon
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

Greetings comrades,

As the Rangers as it was recently known has been disbanded today by me, I would like to invite the following former Rangers to meet up:

- Drathe Blue
- Avaroth Teladon
- Sardon Atarka
- Orion Lysander

We will split the Rangers treasure and will decide some other matters.

With kind regards,

Bidukan,
Warrior of Malachín.