Earthquakes

All about Runewick and its Guilds. / Alles über Runewick und die Gilden in Runewick.

Moderators: Elvaine Morgan, Gamemasters

nathi

Earthquakes

Post by nathi »

A slight earthquake has been felt several times in Runewick over the past few days. I therefore ask you to take precautions that a possibly stronger aftershock does not hit us too hard. Please stay outdoors if possible, but avoid the vicinity of the hole in the forecourt. Please check the dike and flood protection equipment. Please report any damage to me immediately.

~Deanna
nathi

Re: Earthquakes

Post by nathi »

Dear fellow citizens

The prediction of Yridia has come true. South of Yewdale a mountain rose from the sea. This created a tidal wave that also hit Runewick. The flood barriers that had been erected held back the worst of it, but were partially damaged in the process.
Yewdale also seemed to have escaped lightly, no damage was reported to me. The tidal surge ran mainly east toward Runewick along the Lunord Bridge. Surprisingly, a wave of slime preceded the flood, spilling over the barriers and spreading through the city. It turned out that these slimes are harmless. They keep me company at work in the lab, and they don't talk back. Nevertheless, I would appreciate it if someone would deal with the elimination of these slimes.
Unfortunately, the flood had no effect on the poisoned waters around Runewick. The hole was filled with water. Thus a small pond has formed. The mud in it is still very agitated, but it is already evident that the mud is settling and the water is becoming clearer. I am already in the process of analyzing a sample. This enclosed body of water opens up a possibility that I will come to when I have talked to Grandmaster Lennier about it.

~Deanna