Open letter by Percy Dryless to town leaders

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jupiter
Developer

Open letter by Percy Dryless to town leaders

Post by Jupiter »

This letter can be found at the Necktie, and on the town boards of Galmair, Runewick, and Cadomyr.

To the fine rulers of the splendid towns,

With a sad heart, I have to announce the death of one of our most beloved guards. Gulrub the Ugly was murdered while fulfilling his duty to prevent Red Hand Dieter from escaping the prison. Dieter was probably telling some of his many lies to people who, for whatever reasons, considered the visitation area of the prison to be a proper training ground. Gulrub, loyal to his duties as always, went to grab Dieter and pull him back deeper into the prison mine. It seems that this was the moment those people decided that not the law, but they, reign in the prison mine. They broke in, followed Gulrub and murdered him.
Afterwards, they showed to lack both, insight into their wrongdoings, and empathy for the dead Gulrub. Quite to the contrary, there were remarks calling me a liar, and open talk about searching the prison for valuable goods to steal.

I wanted to offer them a chance to repent by paying a fine of 50 gold coins. They declined (insisting I would want to use the money for myself!). Therefore, I ask you to ensure that your citizens refrain from breaking into the prison, and aiding murderers and pirates. I am sure you will find a just punishment for this, and, of course, the murder of Gulrub.

I was able to get the names of the following people:

- George of the Riff Raff (No-one else admitted that he is hated by all realms. Honesty or stupidity?)
- Fergro (Only got his name by someone else saying. Strikes me to be a thief.)
- Sir Exelous of Cadomyr (Proper knight? Would a knight of Cadomyr really engage in breaking into a prison?)
- Hur'Wugrú (I am not sure if this orc was actually giving a name or just making random noises.)
- Bidukan (Got his name, but then he called himself leader of a dog troop or something.)
- Guir Rabenflügel (Sincerely, I believe he said he was one of Bidukan's dogs.)

Sincerely,
A loyal prison guard with one less friend in the world
Percy Dryless
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Re: Open letter by Percy Dryless to town leaders

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Dear Prison Guard Dryless,

at first, I would like to give my deepest condolences for your loss.

I will ask the Cadomyrian citizen you named in your letter about their version of the story. I can not believe that somebody as honorable as Sir Exelous or Guir would have assaulted a prison guard, trying to free a criminal from the just custody of your mine. If so, Cadomyr will certainly pay its share of the compensation and will see to punish those crimes accordingly.

I would like to invite you to Cadomyr, to visit me in villa Annabeth, the one south-west of the market place. No man of the prison guard, who is responsible for looking after the criminals the realms muster, should have to fear for their life. At least not from the hands of those who are supposed to leave them alone, or even support them in their work.

Our greatest respect goes out to those who, under the risk of their own life, make sure that our citizen are able to live without the terror those in custody spread in the past.

Countess of House Desert Fox