Crafter Guild NPCs

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

HolyKnight

Crafter Guild NPCs

Post by HolyKnight »

I'd like to see all the crafter guild NPC quests have the following considerations:
  • All tasks achievable without a single copper in the players inventory.
    • Why? Keeps new players from running into a dead end. By completing all quests the player now has a job he or she knows makes coins.
  • Ensure the NPC provides all tools needed from gathering to the end-craft.
    • Why? Let's them see the full process of an end craft (Mat gathering, intermediate, end craft)
  • Tell the player where to sell their end-craft.
    • Why? Ensures the player knows exactly how to make coin on their own as a crafter.
  • Feel free to drop hints like: other players might buy your items for more profit, consider asking other players for the raw materials you need.
Specific example that brought this all to mind was Nadime's quest in Cadomyr for the Glassblowers Guild.
  • Her first quest asks your to dig sand and she gives you a shovel
  • Her second quest gives you a mould and asks you to make glass ingots but this skips sifting sand with a wood shovel, gathering wood, and making potash in a furnace with a wood shovel. (The NPC vaguely mentions these steps but put me at a loss because I had zero coins)
I just think it makes more sense that we can point new players to these NPCs and they will get the full process as an experience and have a means of making coins.
Estralis Seborian

Re: Crafter Guild NPCs

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Is Nadime the only NPC that would need a modification?