A bloody morning in Galmair.

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Bidukan

A bloody morning in Galmair.

Post by Bidukan »

*A parchment is attached at Galmair guardroom board*

To whom may concern:

The morning of today, 18th Siros of the year 62, Jefferson Gray and his unknown orc minion brought chaos and pain to Galmair. Sadly, two of us fell and they are recovering already. I want to thank Inara Lacy Valdris to be always ready to help us. I strongly advice our citizens to get ready and be careful.

Best regards,
Bidukan.
Kugar

Re: A bloody morning in Galmair.

Post by Kugar »

~ A parchment rests on a wooden spear, on the grass adjacent the path, just past the golden bridge leading to the realm of Galmair.
Let the events that transpired at the gates of Galmair act a lesson in diplomacy. Those who give refuge to the sullied shall find themselves treated the same. By giving sanctuary to Fergro the futile and Hur the damned, representatives of Galmair have condemned all who would assist them. Heed these words and bring forth these mortals to the Necktie Inn, so that they may face their inevitable fate.
CJK
Developer

Re: A bloody morning in Galmair.

Post by CJK »

* One of Galmair's street urchins, clutching a few pieces of silver, fixes a note below Bidukan's*
I wish to assure the good people of Galmair that this skirmish was no great defeat or lopsided bloodbath. It is true, two met Cherga but I promise you our injuries were not severe and we are recovering quite well. One was an unarmed and unarmored elfess, cowardly attacked by this spineless orc in order to keep the combatants split. The other was myself, an old tailor spending most of my days hawking middling goods to pay off my rent debt. Even so, Bidukan and I (with ranged support from Inara) were quite effectively keeping them to a draw until such a time as I ran out of potions and Bidukan fell behind.

What I took away from this fight, apart from a tremendously aching head, was this:
  • The mythical strength attributed to Gray is overrated when he does not have a legion of undead backing him up.
  • These bandits clearly still have the support of a competent alchemist and glyph forger, as they were drinking potions to heal and burning through glyph charges with wild abandon.
  • The value of glyphs have, perhaps, been greatly underrated. These flames will burn through armor no matter the gems infused within it. What's more, the wielder does not need particular competence for the glyph to land devastating blows. I suspect that even a baker with a sling and stones could provide lethal support if equipped with flaming glyphs.
  • Do not underestimate the underhandedness with which these miscreants will fight. They know nearly all of their warriors are middling at best, and so they will do everything they can to run for innocents instead of face real combat.
All these many words are to say: I am fine; they aren't so tough, but be wary of the cowardly orc if you can't protect yourself; we must hold fast to our faith and toil onward to be finished with these bandits, their grotesque master, and his demonic patron for good.

~Jon Cain,
Tailor and Patrician of Galmair