Alchemy Recipe

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Bree

Alchemy Recipe

Post by Bree »

It seems there is some sort of bug in applying a recipe, when adding the step of adding the stock with the concentrations required it visually shows as if it's adding the stock to the cauldron but nothing happens and it stops there. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I then add it manually and it works.
Brightrim
Developer

Re: Alchemy Recipe

Post by Brightrim »

It's a known bug that afaik requires rewriting the entire alchemy system to fix, and likely won't be fixed since a workaround exists:
Adding the essence brew to the stock instead works.
So recipes where you make the essence brew, bottle it, make the stock, add the essence brew, then bottle it, will not encounter the same bug.
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

Brightrim wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:21 pm It's a known bug that afaik requires rewriting the entire alchemy system to fix, and likely won't be fixed since a workaround exists:
So recipes where you make the essence brew, bottle it, make the stock, add the essence brew, then bottle it, will not encounter the same bug.
Tried this as well, actually. It ends up always adding an already made potion instead of an essence (if there is one in your bag/inventory) which then makes the whole thing blow up.
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

Demelza wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:02 pm
Brightrim wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:21 pm It's a known bug that afaik requires rewriting the entire alchemy system to fix, and likely won't be fixed since a workaround exists:
Tried this as well, actually. It ends up always adding an already made potion instead of an essence (if there is one in your bag/inventory) which then makes the whole thing blow up.
Are you specifying what herbs the essence brew contains when adding it? I've never had what you described happen.
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

Brightrim wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:34 pm Are you specifying what herbs the essence brew contains when adding it? I've never had what you described happen.
More often than not, its just an essence brew based on amethyst/ruby powder with no plants.
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

Demelza wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:36 pm More often than not, its just an essence brew based on amethyst/ruby powder with no plants.
There's your problem then. Essence brews are not meant to have no plants.
Other than dragon breath, there are currently no amethyst/ruby powder potions that require essence brews.
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

Brightrim wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:25 pm There's your problem then. Essence brews are not meant to have no plants.
Other than dragon breath, there are currently no amethyst/ruby powder potions that require essence brews.
Ah, got you! My mistake was thinking I needed to bottle up the essence with no plants then add it into the stock rather than adding the powder directly in the stock. Thank you for clearing that up.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Correct.

I will look into it, but the scripts for this are rather... wild. Since there is an existing workaround, and you don't loose any items if you do it in the wrong order, it is not likely to be fixed soon.